Photo

The Rockstar Right

44 replies to this topic
Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by CarLuver69, 12 September 2013 - 07:42 AM.

Just these past few hours, I've seen a lot of posts in regards to Microsoft/Rockstar banning that one guy for playing GTA V early. You see, there's a little thing called a publisher. Yes, Rockstar North is basically Rockstar Games. But Take-Two is the one that ships out all of those games to the public for me, you, and the loudmouthed COD kid who's blowing everyone up in Free Roam to play. But since everything in this world has something to do with regards to laws, well, that's a major factor in this. You can't just one day finish GTA V and the next day tell everyone it's available to buy. It doesn't work that way. The game was delayed from Spring 2013 to September 17th, 2013. That date was set in stone, unlike 'Spring 2013', which is not an official release date.

Now as you may of heard (hermits need not apply), GTA V was leaked. "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" the entire GTA Forums cried. Leaked gameplay was posted somewhere in the dirty undergarments of the internet. The person responsible for this was banned from Xbox Live for violating the terms of service. "HOW DARE MICROSOFT BAN SOMEONE FOR PLAYING THE GAME EARLY THAT IS SO WRONG" the forums cried loudly. Ears were pierced and temperaments were tested. Of course, in a situation such as this, it is perfectly legal and absolutely acceptable for Microsoft to do so. They are not out of bounds or wrong for taking action.

Why? The game is not officially released yet. It is not considered to be legally available. Wouldn't you be ticked off if you specifically requested that your product be specifically released on a date that was written in stone? Of course! You paid a lot of money to do so. You wanted everyone to get the product at the same time, so that no criticism is biased and based on reviews that were filmed with a potato and posted to YouTube. You have money put into that product, and you'll be damned if anyone gives you that money early.

So what do you do? Well, in Rockstar's case, anyone caught playing the game before it is released is going to get banned. Especially if you feel inclined enough to post footage of gameplay (that, remember, nobody is supposed to be seeing), slip your gamertag in there, and unleash it onto the internet. What do you think is going to happen? Rockstar will send a care package full of cookies? No. They are mad. There's so much fury at the Rockstar headquarters right now, that there's possible lawsuits within the building involving possible copyright infringement upon the use of the word Steam™. Yes. It is that bad.

Alright, back to work. You don't get paid enough to read GTAF. :miranda:

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

calm down kimosabe

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

calm down kimosabe

:^:

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

calm down kimosabe

Achievement Unlocked: G-UNIT, DAWG! (0.01G)
Post a movie quote in a thread that is completely irrelevant to the movie's plotline. Bonus points if it's an overused quote that has circulated around the internet 50 million times.

• Foxhunt, ComradVladimir and Boozexlightyearxx like this

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:45 AM Edited by Romario, 12 September 2013 - 07:46 AM.

I'll be honest, I read one line and then did not read the rest.

2011 join date though, so I agree regardless.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

I'll be honest, I read one line and then did not read the rest.

Honesty is the best policy, when people actually care to hear it. Which in this case, I do not. :miranda:

lowpayne1911
  • lowpayne1911

Pain in the butt!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:47 AM Edited by lowpayne1911, 12 September 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Well said, I won't watch any of these leeks just out of respect.

Edit: sSspellcheck

5532824214_7758c4155f.jpg

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

So, what if his store got the game early and he didn't get it illegally or something? Does he still deserve to have his ass banned over it?

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:50 AM Edited by CarLuver69, 12 September 2013 - 07:53 AM.

Well said, I won't watch any of these leeks just out of respect.

And you are entitled to do this just as much as Postal Dude is to watching said 'leeks'. Equality for all! Except for those who leak gameplay. They get an ass whipping from Rockstar. I've never seen a grown man cry so much in my life.

So, what if his store got the game early and he didn't get it illegally or something? Does he still deserve to have his ass banned over it?

Yes, because the game was not considered to be legally released at the time. Rockstar gave specific instructions to distributors, do NOT sell the game until the 17th. Period. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Unless you're a store employee willing to risk a job over getting a video game early, there have been many compliant distributors so far. Meaning, they have to willingly proceed with acquiring GTA V early. There is no "what if he got it early" scenarios. Rockstar weeded that out.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

I completely agree with OP on this one. 

You're entering into a contract with them. Break that contact and they are well within their rights to retaliate. The game is not supposed to be available for the general public until the 17th. 

Playing it before that isn't quite illegal, but it's a great way to show how little respect you have for the company, your peers on here and for yourself, at the end of the day. 

Plus f*ck you for playing it before me, asshat. 

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

You're entering into a contract with them. Break that contact and they are well within their rights to retaliate. The game is not supposed to be available for the general public until the 17th. 

Playing it before that isn't quite illegal, but it's a great way to show how little respect you have for the company, your peers on here and for yourself, at the end of the day. 

So, if my store breaks the street date due to an accident or something (mistakes with shipping and dispatching or whatever), and I get it and go home and finally sit down and play it, that means I am disrespecting the company?

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

I concur. I'm refusing to watch leaks here. I'll get down with GTA V when R* are ready, no pressure, I'm just enjoying the foreplay and taking it slow.

IIluminati
  • IIluminati

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 AM Edited by IIluminati, 12 September 2013 - 07:56 AM.

Just these past few hours, I've seen a lot of posts in regards to Microsoft/Rockstar banning that one guy for playing GTA V early. You see, there's a little thing called a publisher. Yes, Rockstar North is basically Rockstar Games. But Take-Two is the one that ships out all of those games to the public for me, you, and the loudmouthed COD kid who's blowing everyone up in Free Roam to play. But since everything in this world has something to do with regards to laws, well, that's a major factor in this. You can't just one day finish GTA V and the next day tell everyone it's available to buy. It doesn't work that way. The game was delayed from Spring 2013 to September 17th, 2013. That date was set in stone, unlike 'Spring 2013', which is not an official release date.

Now as you may of heard (hermits need not apply), GTA V was leaked. "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" the entire GTA Forums cried. Leaked gameplay was posted somewhere in the dirty undergarments of the internet. The person responsible for this was banned from Xbox Live for violating the terms of service. "HOW DARE MICROSOFT BAN SOMEONE FOR PLAYING THE GAME EARLY THAT IS SO WRONG" the forums cried loudly. Ears were pierced and temperaments were tested. Of course, in a situation such as this, it is perfectly legal and absolutely acceptable for Microsoft to do so. They are not out of bounds or wrong for taking action.

Why? The game is not officially released yet. It is not considered to be legally available. Wouldn't you be ticked off if you specifically requested that your product be specifically released on a date that was written in stone? Of course! You paid a lot of money to do so. You wanted everyone to get the product at the same time, so that no criticism is biased and based on reviews that were filmed with a potato and posted to YouTube. You have money put into that product, and you'll be damned if anyone gives you that money early.

So what do you do? Well, in Rockstar's case, anyone caught playing the game before it is released is going to get banned. Especially if you feel inclined enough to post footage of gameplay (that, remember, nobody is supposed to be seeing), slip your gamertag in there, and unleash it onto the internet. What do you think is going to happen? Rockstar will send a care package full of cookies? No. They are mad. There's so much fury at the Rockstar headquarters right now, that there's possible lawsuits within the building involving possible copyright infringement upon the use of the word Steam™. Yes. It is that bad.

Alright, back to work. You don't get paid enough to read GTAF. :miranda:

Cool story... So I'll have the game by Friday and I'll be streaming all weekend with my Elgato HD. I'll use a VPN a Silver XBL account no worries all good here.  

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

No way I'm reading all this in the midst of a major leak storm.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

So, if my store breaks the street date due to an accident or something (mistakes with shipping and dispatching or whatever), and I get it and go home and finally sit down and play it, that means I am disrespecting the company?

You don't get it. It's not supposed to be happening in the first place, there are a strict set of rules put into place. An average consumerist such as yourself would probably have a chance of getting the game a day early. This is not something that Rockstar or Microsoft will flip out about. It's when we're a f*cking week ahead of schedule and people are posting leaked gameplay footage.

Quit trying to make it sound like innocent people get punished for nothing. The one dude was, in all honesty, by no means innocent for what he did. He deserved every bit of punishment he received. Am I pissed at him? Not at all, I was quite happy that he did that. But in the eyes of Rockstar...he's on the naughty list!

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:58 AM Edited by CarLuver69, 12 September 2013 - 07:58 AM.

No way I'm reading all this in the midst of a major leak storm.

Then keep that sh*t to yourself and quit talking out of your ass. It's called reading, and if you don't want to bother reading my spoiler-free post, don't say anything at all.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:58 AM Edited by jimmycakes, 12 September 2013 - 07:59 AM.

What do you mean "rockstar right" ? Don't you mean authoritarian left? Also, the guy got banned because (1) he was online like an idiot and (2) he revealed his identity. You can play the game when you get it, just don't stream it if your identity can be compromised.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

What do you mean "rockstar right" ? Don't you mean authoritarian left? Also, the guy got banned because (1) he was online like an idiot and (2) he revealed his identity.

Midnight + Unfunny = "The Rockstar Right"

• Hippey likes this

AndreyKva
  • AndreyKva

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

You don't get it. It's not supposed to be happening in the first place, there are a strict set of rules put into place. An average consumerist such as yourself would probably have a chance of getting the game a day early. This is not something that Rockstar or Microsoft will flip out about. It's when we're a f*cking week ahead of schedule and people are posting leaked gameplay footage.

Quit trying to make it sound like innocent people get punished for nothing. The one dude was, in all honesty, by no means innocent for what he did. He deserved every bit of punishment he received. Am I pissed at him? Not at all, I was quite happy that he did that. But in the eyes of Rockstar...he's on the naughty list!

Now you are making assumptions. I know why the guy got punished and you cleared things up for me. If my retailer gets the game a day or two early, that means I can safely play it without risking a ban? Or should I just be offline?

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

HVNBWD5.gif

• Antigen likes this

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I like how contradicting these forums are. "Leaks are coming it's all over! WAHHHH!" "OMG Micro$oft and Cockstar are fagits 4 banzorz that d00d."

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Now you are making assumptions. I know why the guy got punished and you cleared things up for me. If my retailer gets the game a day or two early, that means I can safely play it without risking a ban? Or should I just be offline?

Forgive me if I'm making assumptions as it's late and I'm tired. All I am trying to say is, don't be a dumbass and play the game 5 days early. Don't be a dumbass and go online with a copy of GTA V that's not due within the next 24 - 96 hours. It's as easy as disconnecting from the internet and playing offline. And don't even think about posting gameplay - you'll get whipped by Rockstar!

The formula is called "Theory of Common Sense" - it's very well documented and...well maybe not so much.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

HVNBWD5.gif

cuoreviola89
  • cuoreviola89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

it's not just him, a lot of xbox360 owners already have it, ps3 soon.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

it's not just him, a lot of xbox360 owners already have it, ps3 soon.

And there's a highly likely chance they'll be banned as well. Don't say they weren't warned.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Bump :bbq:

kevuwk
  • kevuwk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

technically he violated the code of conduct...

F. Cheating & Tampering

• Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service.

not really sure where they state when a game has been authorized to play on xbox live though, there were reports that a journalist was playing it, if he wasn't banned then surely that means it has been authorized...

Nobitos
  • Nobitos

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

OP just jelly

Lisha
  • Lisha

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:34 AM Edited by Lisha, 12 September 2013 - 09:34 AM.

technically he violated the code of conduct...

F. Cheating & Tampering

• Do not play a game before it has been authorized for play on the service.

not really sure where they state when a game has been authorized to play on xbox live though, there were reports that a journalist was playing it, if he wasn't banned then surely that means it has been authorized...

Journalists are exempt because they're given permission to play it from Rockstar for review purposes or whatever else. We, as regular people are just consumers and aren't included.

The guy did break the rules so Microsoft were within their rights to  console ban him. I'm pretty sure that there's probably a clause somewhere stating that they can terminate our service for any reason whatsoever as well. He should've expected a ban, especially as he flaunted his GT and played it while being online.

I'm still excited for the game, so yeah. It seems to be increasing the hype for most people.

Ruufio
  • Ruufio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Sorry OP, but you're coming across as a self righteous prat! Especially as most of what you've posted is b*****ks. But whatever floats your boat mate.  :v:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users