Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

i dont want to read all that sh*t, i want to play not READ

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

He will be only person in the world 1st to do all of that stuff... How the f*cking hell he end up getting the game? He doesn't look like he working for some video game store or some kinda "reviewer" either... it a figging local person like us waiting on the game.

Hmm. My humble, educated guess? A retailer broke the street date rule and sold it to him early, or perhaps he works at a store and took a copy with him. He's too unprofessional to be someone with a reviewer's copy of the game, so the aforementioned theories are plausible.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

I'm pretty sure it's just an account ban. I love the conspiracy parts of your theory though.

Actually, I did my research; it's a console ban. According to the Xbox Support subsection regarding Terms and Conditions violations, the message that appeared on his console (as shown in his Vine video) is the message that's displayed when a console is banned/suspended.

I think a console ban is a bit to far, making a $200 piece of machinery into trash because of showing off something you own. I know of the TOS rules, but I don't think turning your property into trash is legal at all. Now banning your account or suspending it I can agree as long as the subscription is refunded for how ever many days are left.

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

i dont want to read all that sh*t, i want to play not READ

Then why waste your time opening the thread and submitting a post?

1zn039f.jpg

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:05 AM Edited by Vesper, 12 September 2013 - 07:05 AM.

I'm pretty sure it's just an account ban. I love the conspiracy parts of your theory though.

Actually, I did my research; it's a console ban. According to the Xbox Support subsection regarding Terms and Conditions violations, the message that appeared on his console (as shown in his Vine video) is the message that's displayed when a console is banned/suspended.

I think a console ban is a bit to far, making a $200 piece of machinery into trash because of showing off something you own. I know of the TOS rules, but I don't think turning your property into trash is legal at all. Now banning your account or suspending it I can agree as long as the subscription is refunded for how ever many days are left.

Well, sadly, it's completely legal because it's outlined in Microsoft's Terms of Use and by purchasing and using the Xbox 360, you're agreeing to their terms. I know it sucks, but those are the rules, I'm afraid.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

Why is there so many lazy asses in here? If you don't want to read it then leave. Your wasting time commenting when you could be reading it.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

So you're saying that he can't log onto xbox live, but he can do everything else? So they ban the unique MAC code of the machine? more specific if you can since you seem to have done the research.

AceofDiamonds
  • AceofDiamonds

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

9/12

guyzwitgunz
  • guyzwitgunz

Anti-nerd

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

The mandatory update thing sounds like a good idea. So people can get the physical game before the 17th but they won't be able to do jacks sh*t with it until the release.

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

So you're saying that he can't log onto xbox live, but he can do everything else? So they ban the unique MAC code of the machine? more specific if you can since you seem to have done the research.

Well, basically, a console ban/suspension through Microsoft means that your console essentially turns into a paperweight. You're able to turn it on and log in with your gamertag (or any other gamertag) but a message pops up that says:

"This console has been banned for violations of the Terms of Use. To protect the Xbox Live service and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations."

Regardless of whether or not you sign in with the gamertag of the ToU offender, the console remains ineligible for use and the only plausible option is to purchase a new console. The console ban is tied to the console's serial number, so even if the console is traded in and has a complete system restore, it will remain unable to be used. It's one of the reasons why Microsoft recommends purchasing a new console (mainly so they receive more profits) or a used console from a legitimate business (i.e. GameStop) who test all systems before accepting a trade-in.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Lol stupid articles says they were automatically banned but also says Xbox doesn't show details of banned users.. So how do you f*cking know, tons of speculation not enough news. Or rockstar propaganda.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

The textures in the game looks amazing!! i cant wait!!!

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Lol stupid articles says they were automatically banned but also says Xbox doesn't show details of banned users.. So how do you f*cking know, tons of speculation not enough news. Or rockstar propaganda.

Well, let's have a look: common sense, I've been a Microsoft customer for years, I also volunteer as an Xbox Ambassador (so it's my responsibility to know and understand Microsoft's terms and conditions of use before providing customer support), experience through friends who've broken the terms and conditions and suffered penalisations, and research, as I stated previously, by reading through Microsoft's support subsections and providing not only direct quotes, but the location of the information I'd provided.

Please sort your facts before questioning my intelligence. Thank you. :)

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

I took the time to read it , and I must say, its was rather nice to read something on this forum that you could understand, or wasnt full of curse words, or hate or full of stupidiy . 

Do I feel sorry for the guy that got his console banned?, nope,  does suck for him, sure does ,  lesson, dont mess around with TOS agreements

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by jimmycakes, 12 September 2013 - 07:37 AM.

I took the time to read it , and I must say, its was rather nice to read something on this forum that you could understand, or wasnt full of curse words, or hate or full of stupidiy . 

Do I feel sorry for the guy that got his console banned?, nope,  does suck for him, sure does ,  lesson, dont mess around with TOS agreements

It was full of stupidity. And arrogance.

The guy got banned because he let his identity be known. There was no reason to be online either.

voltaire
  • voltaire

Altruist

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Wow so someone waits 5 years for a game and miracle upon miracle he gets it a measly 4 days early and what does Rockstar do, they attack a paying customer and treat him like some f*cking common criminal who blew up an orphanage or something.  It's a f*cking video game, you pricks.  That people are excited to play, you c*nts.  Which will be LEGALLY plastered ALL OVER the internet, in the next few days!

But then again seeing some of that leaked sh*tty gameplay, I can see why Rockstar would want to hide it from people.  Some of those animations look like they're straight out of San Andreas.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Well, sadly, it's completely legal because it's outlined in Microsoft's Terms of Use and by purchasing and using the Xbox 360, you're agreeing to their terms. I know it sucks, but those are the rules, I'm afraid.

MANY Terms of Use overstep their boundries and have been found to be uninforcable by the courts. Microsoft has to follow the laws, and their Terms of Use can't contradict those laws. I'm interested in reading the 360's TOU to see what it says.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Much obliged op, I just come online this morning and all hell was breaking loose regarding leaks, got me up to speed now.

jordy-w92
  • jordy-w92

'Revenge'

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

Power to the people! #BaneVoice

DerpBerp
  • DerpBerp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Wow so someone waits 5 years for a game and miracle upon miracle he gets it a measly 4 days early and what does Rockstar do, they attack a paying customer and treat him like some f*cking common criminal who blew up an orphanage or something.  It's a f*cking video game, you pricks.  That people are excited to play, you c*nts.  Which will be LEGALLY plastered ALL OVER the internet, in the next few days!

But then again seeing some of that leaked sh*tty gameplay, I can see why Rockstar would want to hide it from people.  Some of those animations look like they're straight out of San Andreas.

Maybe becuz they put a couple mil in the game and dont want f*ck ups like dip sticks to ruin and many have been waiting for like 4 or 5 years or maybe just maybe they care about the theyre f*cking games enough to try and stop f*ck sticks from leaking sh*t....that is all

Denial101
  • Denial101

Lurking is my business.....

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'd like to think I live in a world where the consequences for blowing up an orphanage would be more severe than an XBox Live ban.....that is all.

OP - Well written article, I love your writing style, flows nicely.

ekhunter
  • ekhunter

Love Fist

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

hopefully jsticks just bought a gold membership also. i actually think what rockstar did was right. i would love to see them put a lawsuit against him also. hopefully this isnt the end of this and he and whoever sold it faces more drastic consequences. im stoked. when you are a fa**ot and dont follow the rules you get the BAN STICK, he should change his name to BANsticks, LULZZZZ 

HAHAHAH LOSER!! hope it was worth it.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

An article I wrote over on N4G, basically summarising the aftermath for those who missed the fuss. Hopefully this is allowed? :)

Social media outlets such as Reddit, the GTAV Net forums and YouTube were exploding tonight with hype, the screams of a thousand school-girls and the understandable frothing of the loins when someone, somewhere, somehow obtained an early copy of Grand Theft Auto V. Rockstar Games' upcoming, highly anticipated instalment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise has been undeniably on everyone's radar since the company - for the first time in their history - released official gameplay not only for single-player, but for Grand Theft Auto Online as well, prior to the game's launch.

Rockstar had recently issued a press release warning against the inevitable leakage that would be coming any time between now and the game's pending launch on 17 September this year. A gamer and Grand Theft Auto fan by the name of Jsticks11 on Vine and JackzahGames on YouTube took it upon himself to take screenshots and record gameplay footage before posting the media online, despite Rockstar's request against it and their warning that anything posted will be taken down immediately and swift consequences will follow.

Yesterday, image scans and photos of the official map provided in the Brady Games strategy guide arrived on the Internet and were taken down almost immediately. Gamers speculated that it served merely as foreshadowing of bigger exposures to come; and they were right.

The subsequent leaks provided gameplay footage that showcased spoilerific content that gamers across the globe viewed at their own discretion and content that was posted to Reddit as well as the GTAV Net forums were taken down almost immediately. YouTube videos are slowly, but surely being removed one-by-one and one can only imagine that the team over at Rockstar Games is jumping over chairs to make sure any and every leak is properly sealed.

According to multiple sources, speculation and insights, the gamer that provided the leaks was playing his copy of Grand Theft Auto V while signed into Microsoft's Xbox Live service and thus exposed himself to the teams at Rockstar Games and Xbox. The subsequent consequence resulted in a console ban, effective immediately.

Xbox is not clear on the results of a console ban/suspension: according to their website, their lack of explanation on this consequence is given reason. "To protect the Xbox LIVE service and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations." In short, breaking the Terms and Conditions of Use (TCoU) significantly will result in either an account ban/suspension or a console ban/suspension and there is no if's and's or but's about it; they also apparently reserve the right to not explain your actions causing the penalisation or how to circumvent it.

Speculation suggests that purchasing a new Xbox 360 console will circumvent the console ban/suspension, but in the case of the person that leaked the Grand Theft Auto V content, Microsoft might have gone as far to ban/suspend not only his console, but his account and perhaps even his IP address. Needless to say, there is no circumventing that. "Customer Support for Xbox Live cannot undo an Xbox Live suspension for a console. Xbox Live console suspensions may also include permanent suspensions of Xbox Live accounts as well." There is neither confirmation nor denial of reserving the ability or right to ban/suspend a user's IP address; with that being said, purchasing a new Xbox Live subscription on a new console under a different gamertag might allow a suspended user to continue service. Otherwise, I'm afraid the man responsible for the leaks is SOL.

Rumour suggests that Rockstar Games implemented a mandatory update for Grand Theft Auto V that serves as a failsafe of sorts; when installed, the update notifies Rockstar if the update was installed before the game's official release date of 17 September, which allows them to gather the required information to contact Microsoft or Sony and follow up with a punishment for breaking the TCoU. It's not a stretch to imagine whatsoever.

With that being said, it begs the question: were the consequences worth leaking the footage? Definitely not. It seems Rockstar Games is pulling out all the stops to ensure that nothing they haven't released themselves is published online and justice, ladies and gentlemen, has been served.

Grand Theft Auto V launches officially in T-minus five days and counting, on 17 September 2013.

I teared a little...

• So Awesome likes this

jrdn7730
  • jrdn7730

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

hopefully jsticks just bought a gold membership also. i actually think what rockstar did was right. i would love to see them put a lawsuit against him also. hopefully this isnt the end of this and he and whoever sold it faces more drastic consequences. im stoked. when you are a fa**ot and dont follow the rules you get the BAN STICK, he should change his name to BANsticks, LULZZZZ 

HAHAHAH LOSER!! hope it was worth it.

Yeah!! How dare someone play the game before YOU!

piehole2013_1
  • piehole2013_1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

So after all this can I play when I get the game Sunday, monday on ps3??? Obv disconnect from net????

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

A lot of kids whining about dictatorship. Well...its theri game, not yours. If they decides to release it on 17th september, then they can do whatever they want with leaks before the date, because it is their game, not anyones else.

voltaire
  • voltaire

Altruist

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

A lot of kids whining about dictatorship. Well...its theri game, not yours. If they decides to release it on 17th september, then they can do whatever they want with leaks before the date, because it is their game, not anyones else.

Yes, mother. 

Ziggy Jinx
  • Ziggy Jinx

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

Not reading all that sh*t.

I agree

Ziggy Jinx
  • Ziggy Jinx

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Why is this forum so anti leak.... Do rockstar fund this or is it a case of licky licky bum bum.... Look rockstar our forum is leak free, sorry I didn't put my hand up lick lick.

Denial101
  • Denial101

Lurking is my business.....

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:42 AM Edited by Denial101, 12 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Why is this forum so anti leak.... Do rockstar fund this or is it a case of licky licky bum bum.... Look rockstar our forum is leak free, sorry I didn't put my hand up lick lick.

Leaks are available all over the place on other sites, you can find them if you want. The people who run this forum have an agreement with Rockstar not to allow leaks as a semi-official fan forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users