cityscapes-078.jpg

DowtownStaunton.jpg

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

I don't see the resemblance. Actually, a lot of Staunton is based on New York, more specifically Manhattan (places like Times Square, Central Park, etc are seen in the game).

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Pictures looks like identical.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

I don't see the resemblance. Actually, a lot of Staunton is based on New York, more specifically Manhattan (places like Times Square, Central Park, etc are seen in the game).

Indeed. In fact, this has been stated by R* many times. I do, however, see a little resemblance there, but not enough to matter. It's impressive the places I've come up with to call San Andreas, believe it or not.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:15 PM Edited by Ziggy455, 12 September 2013 - 11:18 PM.

I believee Staunton is based on Statten Island, because much of the architecture fits that area of New York. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Wasn't there a thread like this a few months ago?

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I believee Staunton is based on Statten Island, because much of the architecture fits that area of New York. 

Indeed, even the name fits but I think they planned to make it more like Queens because of the airport that was planned for Staunton. Funny thing is, in LCS it's quite noticeably different from in GTA 3 so it might be one of the other boroughs... maybe in both games it's a mix of some different boroughs, but Liberty is definitely based off NY.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

It always seemed to me that all parts of Liberty City were based off all parts of New York....the whole place is just loosly based on it.

As for Toronto looking like it....sure why not, there gets to be a point that every sckyscraper city looks the same anyway. At least from a distance.

gta3masta5000
  • gta3masta5000

'Sup?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

It always seemed to me that all parts of Liberty City were based off all parts of New York....the whole place is just loosly based on it.

As for Toronto looking like it....sure why not, there gets to be a point that every sckyscraper city looks the same anyway. At least from a distance.

True but I could just never figure out how Shoreside Vale got moved to where Portland was in GTA IV (cuz of the airport) :lol:

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by _____, 14 September 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Indeed, even the name fits but I think they planned to make it more like Queens because of the airport that was planned for Staunton. Funny thing is, in LCS it's quite noticeably different from in GTA 3 so it might be one of the other boroughs... maybe in both games it's a mix of some different boroughs, but Liberty is definitely based off NY.

Except that it is so obviously based off Manhattan. There are many landmarks from Manhattan in the game, there's Central Park, Times Square, the Flatiron and Chrysler buildings, the apartments where Asuka lives, and a bunch of other ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users