5 replies to this topic
El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

many of the other forums I use nowadays include a feature that allows you to delete a post.

it comes in handy when you realize that you said something which is flat out incorrect (or just stupid), replied to the wrong topic, or clicked "Reply" too many times. never again would we have to deal with stuff like this:

dblpst.jpg

sorry to make an example of you Sivis :lol:  that was the first double post I noticed which gave me the thought.

but yeah.

due to connection issues or posting from a mobile device, you're gonna' accidentally double post once in awhile. it happens.

a simple Delete Post function would be great. one my favorite forums handles it like this; click the Edit Post button and a box opens up below the normal Edit window.

edit.jpg

it doesn't function with the OP of an entire thread.

only a moderator can delete a thread. but it functions for all individual posts/replies under an OP.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Agree. :^:

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Playa

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by OG Viking, 12 September 2013 - 05:00 AM.

EDIT - deleted.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

That's fine for smaller forums but for a forum of this size, allowing members to delete their posts would cause more headaches than what it's worth. There's nothing stopping certain members from making a rule breaking post and deleting it before any action can be taken against it.

• GunWrath likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

fair enough.

although I don't know what the size of the forum has to do with anything.

deleting a post is an individual choice.

where would the "headaches" come from??

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

By size, I mean the amount of activity that this forum sees. We have to deal with a very high amount of trolls and spammers on a daily basis, so giving these people power to delete their posts isn't something that we're comfortable with.

Besides, accidental double posts aren't a problem. We don't warn people for that. Other than that, if you have a legitimate reason for wanting a particular post deleted, then just report it and we'll take care of it.

• OG Viking likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users