» «
Photo

A gaming-headset? (For PS3)

12 replies to this topic
HighOnGTA
  • HighOnGTA

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by HighOnGTA, 12 September 2013 - 12:39 AM.

Hey guys. I need a new gaming-headset, so I was wondering if you guys know about a good one that you recommend?

These are the specifications I look for in a gaming-headset:

- PS3-compatible

- Wireless (Bluetooth)

- Good microphone

- Good speakers (Only for the voice-chat quality)

- Volume-control for the headset-speakers

- Separate sound-outputs (Having the voice-chat output in the headset-speakers, while having the gameplay-sound output in the tv-speakers)

I currently have the official "Sony PS3 Bluetooth Headset" (single-eared headset), but I can't hear other people's voices very clearly in that headset. And I also can't hear my own voice in that headset, so I can't tell if other people hear me clearly either.

Thank you for any recommendations.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

It depends on what money you are willing to spend on headsets. If you are willing to waste over 100 bucks on a headset than get some astro's or the trittan ax720 they seem pretty good

HighOnGTA
  • HighOnGTA

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Thanks. Well, I want something that works, and that fulfills all of my specifications. If only the expensive headsets can achieve that, then so be it. (All though I would prefer the cheapest ones.)

Does the "astro" and "trittan ax720" meet all of my specifications?

Pmunk
  • Pmunk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

I would check out the Pulse Elite headset. Very good headset. Its wireless, not bluetooth though. And I don't think you can have chat in the headset and game sound on TV. However, it is a very good headset and it will not disappoint. Price is $150 though. 

soulslayer14
  • soulslayer14

topkek

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

https://www.turtlebe...-force-px22/344

Just ordered it yesterday, I can't wait for it to arrive :D

From what my friend told me; it's worth the buy.

WhiteAmericanLawman
  • WhiteAmericanLawman

Los Santos Police Department

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

I use the Turtle Beach XP500 for both my Xbox 360 and PS3. Great quality, albeit expensive.

Sons Of Anarchy AU
  • Sons Of Anarchy AU

Founder Sons of Anarchy AU Crew

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

I use the Turtle Beach XP500 for both my Xbox 360 and PS3. Great quality, albeit expensive.

can you mute your mic with the XP500 so you can like peak to household members without the game players hearing ?

WhiteAmericanLawman
  • WhiteAmericanLawman

Los Santos Police Department

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

can you mute your mic with the XP500 so you can like peak to household members without the game players hearing ?

Yeah, there's a mute button. I haven't used the mic function on my PS3 just yet, but I would assume if the mute button works for the 360 this would also apply to the PS3.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

Thanks. Well, I want something that works, and that fulfills all of my specifications. If only the expensive headsets can achieve that, then so be it. (All though I would prefer the cheapest ones.)

Does the "astro" and "trittan ax720" meet all of my specifications?

Oh trust me they are amazing... take a look at the astro a40 or the ones I talked about before the tritton ax 720. Amazing wireless with surround sound and insane quality. Of course if you want cheaper ones take a look at turtle beaches, they are pretty good.

Sylent01
  • Sylent01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:48 AM Edited by Sylent01, 12 September 2013 - 04:50 AM.

I would check out the Pulse Elite headset. Very good headset. Its wireless, not bluetooth though. And I don't think you can have chat in the headset and game sound on TV. However, it is a very good headset and it will not disappoint. Price is $150 though.

Got mine for $120 on Amazon (still coming)- and yes there is a mic built into the headset. It's wireless for better sound quality apparently as well. Controls allow you to balance game audio vs chat to your taste. There may be a way to separate the chat from the game audio although I don't know for sure.

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:11 AM Edited by KemistiOMG, 12 September 2013 - 10:11 AM.

well if you want good quality with minimum amount of money you should check the Turtle Beach PLa gaming headset for ps3

EDIT: oh you're looking for wireless nvm

uber_mike
  • uber_mike

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I would check out the Pulse elite headset. Very good headset. Its wireless, not bluetooth though. And I don't think you can have chat in the headset and game sound on TV. However, it is a very good headset and it will not disappoint. Price is $150 though.

Got mine for $120 on Amazon (still coming)- and yes there is a mic built into the headset. It's wireless for better sound quality apparently as well. Controls allow you to balance game audio vs chat to your taste. There may be a way to separate the chat from the game audio although I don't know for sure.

I don't think there is a way to separate the audio on ps3. I have the pulse and it takes over all audio when powered on. I like the headset a lot, although I can't hear myself talking which is a little annoying. People on the other side can hear environmental sounds pretty well too since the mic isn't on a boom. I'd buy it again! Pulse mode works well in games.

DoinItLikeDahmer
  • DoinItLikeDahmer

Mr. White - Commissioner

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Jabra bluetooth headsets work fine for me man, had the same one for years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users