Female protagonist
65 replies to this topic
TheCzar
  • TheCzar

Comply or Die

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

I am no chauvinist/misogynist , that said NO WAY IN HELL should there be a female protag in a Grand Theft Auto game. Period.

Prestb97
  • Prestb97

Master of Laziness

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

I am no chauvinist/misogynist , that said NO WAY IN HELL should there be a female protag in a Grand Theft Auto game. Period.

"Period."

I see what you did there. :monocle:

• falcomilvus likes this

SebastianReginald
  • SebastianReginald

The Legend

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

I would rather watch paint dry than play as a female protagonist

Baineblade
  • Baineblade

Tac. Ops.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yeeaaaah...No, no I have never wanted a female protagonist, nor do I ever want one.  I'll be honest, I cannot see a female lead in a GTA game.  For Saint's Row?  Sure, but they had that from the get go, so it's kind of natural feeling in that game because you are creating said character.  For GTA, you're playing another person's life, not creating your own.  You're just telling the story in a different way from someone else.

BettyBlueGT
  • BettyBlueGT

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

qrsqr.jpeg?w=500

Lisha
  • Lisha

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:16 AM Edited by Lisha, 12 September 2013 - 10:16 AM.

Some of the comments here are really sad. I'm a girl and I f*cking love GTA. I don't give a sh*t about the protags being male or female. As long as the story is good and the characterisation is top notch, I'm happy. I didn't feel weird playing as a guy because I'm not playing as myself, that's not the point of single player GTA.

Rockstar already explained why a female protag wouldn't work for GTA V, however, it's not like they portray all women to be weak/sexualise them. Catalina and Elizabeta are examples of strong women in GTA. So, it's not like this series completely excludes women, we saw for ourselves that you can hire at least one woman to do heists with you in V. If Rockstar wants to make all their protags male, that's their prerogative. I'm not going to tell them to check their privilege because this is a video game that is meant to be played and enjoyed. It's f*cking satire incarnate, I don't get why people take it so seriously.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users