Quantcast

» «
Photo

Feminist Attacks GTA V for no woman Protag.

Feminist.
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic
Aeternam
  • Aeternam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm a woman, and I can tell you that most female gamers actually prefer to play as male protagonists in video games, so I don't know what this 'feminist' is talking about lol. There's no reason to complain, GTA is not misogynistic; it's satirical, witty, even crude, but there's no reason for women to complain simply because one of the lead characters is not female. Frankly, I don't think a female protagonist would work in GTA, or even be that much fun to play as...

• UsedFloppyDisk likes this

Skorge
  • Skorge

I Completed the GTA V story, in 28 hours! (Option C)

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

GTA woman protags, go kill that guy.... No wait I'm on the blob... Gotta wait 5-7 days, oh no I'm preggers.... Gotta wait 9 months! And how can girls play GTA from the kitchen?
  • ACR likes this

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

If we played as a women, all of our missions would be in a kitchen and at book clubs..

This, they need to shut the f*ck up and stop talking bullsh*t, now every f*cking thing that exists must have a female lead involved, gimme a break.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

If the main protagonist was a woman, would it still be possible to sleep with a prostitute and then bludgeon her to death for a refund?

Harry Styles
  • Harry Styles

Best Post Ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Maybe if we stop listening to feminazis they'll just get bored and go back to the kitchen.

Speak for yourself, nobody listens to them... Except white knights, nerds and homosexuals.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Rampant misogyny and insecurity in this thread aside, real and true equality would mean that R* can express their talent in whatever way they choose. If they decide on 3 male protagonists, that's what they want.

Everything can't include equal representation of every kind of group or population.

Krispen Whah
  • Krispen Whah

Pillow Pants

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

feminists are usually fat ugly women on their periods... :sarcasm:

• grumpy cat meme likes this

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

I'm a woman, and I can tell you that most female gamers actually prefer to play as male protagonists in video games, so I don't know what this 'feminist' is talking about lol. There's no reason to complain, GTA is not misogynistic; it's satirical, witty, even crude, but there's no reason for women to complain simply because one of the lead characters is not female. Frankly, I don't think a female protagonist would work in GTA, or even be that much fun to play as...

That's true, female protags doesn't belong to GTA, I enjoyed playing with female protags though in games like Resident evil 3 and of course Tomb raider.

Harry Styles
  • Harry Styles

Best Post Ever

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:25 PM Edited by Harry Styles, 11 September 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Rampant misogyny and insecurity in this thread aside, real and true equality would mean that R* can express their talent in whatever way they choose. If they decide on 3 male protagonists, that's what they want.

Everything can't include equal representation of every kind of group or population.

masterson.jpg

Please, disagreeing with feminism is not misogyny.

Shimo815
  • Shimo815

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:26 PM Edited by Shimo815, 11 September 2013 - 11:27 PM.

wait for the pc version, install some mods, and then you can be a crackhead hoe. 

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

If the main protagonist was a woman, would it still be possible to sleep with a prostitute and then bludgeon her to death for a refund?

You don't sleep with them in GTA games, just get sexual services, so I'm guessing you technically could if the female character was a lesbian or bisexual.

In any case, I don't mind either way, as long as a character is well done the gender is irrelevant to me. I do plan on creating a female character in Online though.

sinceGTAIII
  • sinceGTAIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don't know, I probably wouldn't like a single female protag, but If R* plans to stick with a triumvirate of protags, playing as a female protag might be alright with two other male characters. It wouldn't surprise me if R* tries it at some point. But, as long as some women think they're entitled to infringing on a developers creative vision, I won't support any of it.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Jesus, so many of you are so f*cked up.

mixjah
  • mixjah

Dude

• Members

it's ridiculous. it's already been pointed out, female gamers usually like to play male characters or even better, they simply don't care. same goes for pretty much everyone else i guess - as long as it somehow makes sense. a female protag probably would only be for people who wouldn't even consider playing a gta game in the first place, no matter the protagonist. sooo..yeah..they're just using gta's popularity to gain some attention, that's all ;)

Kelo20
  • Kelo20

Associate of The Mangano Crime Family

• Members

They can play as women in GTAO.

Nothing is ever good enough for everybody...

This. /endthread

chuckles47
  • chuckles47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by chuckles47, 11 September 2013 - 11:31 PM.

The annoying thing that the feminists don't understand is there is no law against having a female protagonist.  Rockstar just chooses not to have one and should never be under the obligation to have one forced on them because a handful of people are upset.

It is a free market and nobody stops games with female protagonist being made.  It is just, in the video game market games don't do that well with a female lead(a couple of exceptions withstanding). 

sinceGTAIII
  • sinceGTAIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Maybe if we stop listening to feminazis they'll just get bored and go back to the kitchen.

Speak for yourself, nobody listens to them... Except white knights, nerds and homosexuals.

You're awesome, will you gay marry me?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

I actually would not mind if one of the protagonists was a woman but all this whining makes me glad Rockstar is making the game their way. I even read an article calling The Last of Us sexist which is absurd so these feminists will whine about everything. Rockstar made the game their way and part of the story will probably be the brotherhood that develops between the three characters. 

You didn't hear men whining because Sex and the City didn't have a male character or whatever so why do they insist on trying to force their ways on a game that has a mostly male fanbase anyway?

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

The story doesn't feat a character woman, if there was one she had to be some girl that was left with a kid or some girl that had a hard life and had to prostitute herself. I don't see how she could feat with the other protagonists and the story they wanna tell.

Did any guy raged over EIDOS when they could only play with Lara Croft? Or with Capcom for using Nilin as a protagonist for Remember Me?

Play the games as they are and respecte developers for their work and choices. I bet if there was a female protagonist someone would complain because they were degrading the women, that they were against the violence and they are sensible creatures that would never do something like that.

Bah, the best thing to do is ignore this people, they have to btch about something every time, it's like these forums everyone is hyped for the game but they have something to cry about although they'll be the first in front of the store to get the game.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Omg just shut up, I'm a gamer but you're all acting like you some sort of Race that is being pinned against.. I don't give one sh*t who this bitch is who looks like she has a giant pimple on the side of her face has to say about how V has no Female Pro-tag.. f*ck being apart of the majority I prefer it that way too.. Am I a feminist? Oh that word a Woman made up so she could complain about something else in the long run?! Sorry, but this bitch makes the Women who I know who ain't dumb ass all sh*t bad. You women have been crying for too long and I bet this one had her period when this was writen. End of bullsh*t.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

a female could work dont get me wrong. she would have to be a cold heartless woman which should be easy enough to make but it wouldnt  with 2 guys and a girl cause all the two guys would do is try to either f*cker her or she would screw them over. that said idgaf what they make the protag id play it either way. it doesnt have to be a woman or a man straight gay black white. idk why people do give a sh*t so much about that. i enjoy it for what they created.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by Vorpax, 11 September 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Never heard of...lesbians?...

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

masterson.jpg

Please, disagreeing with feminism is not misogyny.

Agreed, but I never said that.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Feminist bitch about everything.

Bitch about dragons crown, bitch about mighty no. 9, etc, etc.

mixjah
  • mixjah

Dude

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

[...] I bet if there was a female protagonist someone would complain because they were degrading the women, that they were against the violence and they are sensible creatures that would never do something like that. [...]

exactly my thought :^:

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Never heard of...lesbians?...

*Google search for lesbians*

Holy f*ck, brb.

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

TL;DR because I never read and hear women. They Belong to Kitchen. Period.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Self entitled bitches. It's Rockstar's game. They can make it however they want.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Get back in the kitchen.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

A female protag just simply wouldn't work lol. It would be so unbelievable that it would break all immersion. It works in games like saints row because those game aren't story driven like GTA is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users