Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will GTA V be anyone's first ever GTA experience?

31 replies to this topic
The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by The New Blueguy, 12 September 2013 - 12:46 AM.

I was thinking that for a lot of us, as much as this will probably be our favourite GTA of all the games so far, it won't be our first experience with GTA.  With that said, is there anyone here who will be getting into the GTA series for the first time with the release of GTA V?

Whether you've just never been interested, had another fave series until now, or simply are finally old enough to play it while never having the chance before, will GTA V be your first jump into Rockstar's world?

For me my first was an abandonware PC version of GTA 2 in middle school and then GTA 3 just changed everything.  But sometimes I wonder what if I had never experienced GTA until now?  How would that feel?

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

i have played since i got the GTA 1 and 2 with london as a pack on PS1 and i still have it now i have had every GTA game and still have them all except GTAV as its not out, and i suspect if i had only started playing GTA i would be amazed how good the game is .

GTA was the start of all free roaming games in any GTA you could always do what you want and nothing ever changes that and thats why if i played it today i would feel the exact same as i did all those years ago amazed PS1 days may not have been the best days for GTA but it was the start and i turned out to be epic, and GTA has always thought of the fans and what we want and they try and make it possible.

Littletimmy
  • Littletimmy

Master Sergeant Shooter Sergeant Person!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

I got Gta lll when i was 6 yrs old, played all the games :)
i haven't bought any game for like 2 years:P Gta is the only gamei  will play because all others games suck ass, probably wont buy anything in the future (maybe gta 6 hehe)

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by The New Blueguy, 12 September 2013 - 12:48 AM.

Great answer man!  I don't remember why but I never did get to play GTA London 1969.  I've played and beaten all of the major console releases but Vice City Stories and Chinatown were two games I really wished I'd played when they were ported to consoles from the handhelds.  The drug dealing system in Chinatown always sounded so amazing and I kind of hope they brought it back for V and just aren't telling us. 

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by OldSwitcheroo, 11 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

i haven't bought any game for like 2 years:P Gta is the only gamei  will play because all others games suck ass, probably wont buy anything in the future (maybe gta 6 hehe)

So, you completely bullsh*tted in your profile then?  

Are you 33, 23 or 18?

Edit, I think I know the answer...

Romel3
  • Romel3

BEAST COAST 2013

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Nope, GTA III back in 01 was my first experience

Green Flamenco
  • Green Flamenco

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Vice City was mine.

JoM
  • JoM

Laoch na nGael

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I doubt there's many playing at as their first....but I'd say there is probably a good few who will be playing it as their last :(

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

I don't think that someone who is at his first experience with the GTA series will take the time to join GTA Forums.

My 0,02$

Littletimmy
  • Littletimmy

Master Sergeant Shooter Sergeant Person!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Littletimmy, 11 September 2013 - 11:07 PM.

So, you completely bullsh*tted in your profile then?  

Are you 33, 23 or 18?

Edit, I think I know the answer...

18, soon 19

jimmyA96
  • jimmyA96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Been playing since gta 3

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

No, but it will be my first GTAV experience ever, does that count?

TheScott75
  • TheScott75

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

I don't think that someone who is at his first experience with the GTA series will take the time to join GTA Forums.

My 0,02$

This.

This is a forum for people who know what GTA is all about.

I've been playing it since the original came out on PC.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Great answer man!  I don't member why but I never did get to play GTA London 1969.  I've played and beaten all of the major console releases but Vice City Stories and Chinatown were two game I really wished I'd played when they were ported to consoles from the handhelds.  The drug dealing system in Chinatown always sounded so amazing and I kind of hope they brought it back for V and just aren't telling us. 

i only really played GTA london out of the 3 it was the best one on PS1 it would be great to see GTA london on like an arcade machine in the game  but like a  you are always on max wanted level andyou have to see how long you can last.

tommycantswim
  • tommycantswim

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by tommycantswim, 11 September 2013 - 11:21 PM.

well, my first gta experience was sitting on the floor in front of the tv, watching my mom play what looked like the dopest game ever (gta 1). i asked to play, and she said no (i was roughly three or four years old at the time). it was odd to me, because i had never been told no about a game before. i didn't really understand why, but i just went along with it. i watched her steal a car and shoot some people, at which point i'm pretty sure she turned it off. a few years later, my dad's friend brought over what looked the NEW dopest game ever (gta 3). my mom and dad had separated by this time, so my mom wasn't there to tell me no, and i was instantly hooked. ever since then, grand theft auto has been my favorite game (except for a brief separation due to boredom with gta 4, at which point fallout and i spent some time together). i've played every gta, (except ctw, just not appealing to me/:), and i can't wait for gta v. :D oh, and my mom got over it pretty quick, like, when i was six. XD

Krispen Whah
  • Krispen Whah

Pillow Pants

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

I had my first experience back in 2001...

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

No but I think it will feel like the first time I ever played a GTA game because they changed it so much, its almost like a brand new game that nobody has ever played.  

jaqulle999
  • jaqulle999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

San Andreas was my first game but IV was when I really got into it.  Wasn't much of a gamer when I was younger apart from mario kart and smash bros.

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

I played gta 2 i think it was on dreamcast at my friends when i was a weee lad. and bought gta3 for my ps2 when it came out.  Owned everyone since then.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

I doubt there's many playing at as their first....

i bet theres tons that are. Theres a lot of 10-13 yr olds out there that have never played a GTA before and now their friends or parents will show it to them. Every GTA has tons of new players to the series, whether you think so or not.

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Deathpally, 12 September 2013 - 12:45 AM.

I doubt there's many playing at as their first....

i bet theres tons that are. Theres a lot of 10-13 yr olds out there that have never played a GTA before and now their friends or parents will show it to them. Every GTA has tons of new players to the series, whether you think so or not.

^I agree with this, but like what others have said most of the people that are on these forums should be familiar with gta and have at least played one of the earlier installments whether it be: GTA 1, 2, III, VC, SA, IV. (these were all the ones that I have played, I did play a little bit a ctw on my iphone... did not like it that much).

JazzOnWheels
  • JazzOnWheels

Addict

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

I hope for their sake that this GTA isn't their first experience. I found some of the increases in functions, controls, etc. and just the sheer volume of things you needed to do to finish daunting moving from one release to the next in some cases. Unless you're a hard core gamer in other games with a ton of experience in this sort of interface, it could just chase somebody away. If this topic had cropped up months ago I'd have suggested to anyone that they play Vice City and then IV all the way to the end, and do a lot of IV online gaming this summer to get ready, rather than having to learn V from scratch.

FoulPlay
  • FoulPlay

Top Assasin

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:45 AM Edited by FoulPlay, 12 September 2013 - 12:47 AM.

Played GTA 2 on a friend's PS1 back in the day.

My Dad bought GTA 3 without telling me and let me play it. Never got past Espresso 2 Go for AGES. Fell in love with the series from the first day playing III.

Got Vice City as a late birthday present from my Dad and his girlfriend at the time, loved the game even more than Vice City.

Went through a lot of sh*t between Vice City and San Andreas coming out and didn't get San Andreas until around the start of November after it came out.

Played LCS on a friend's PSP, well, most of it... Didn't like the PSP much.

Played VCS on PS2, loved it a lot but not as much as Vice City.

Never had a 360 when IV came out or a PS3, bought a console specifically to play it about a week or so after it came out. (Money issues at the time)

Bought both the DLC's the day they came out.

Don't care for the gameboy/portable versions of GTA. Think it's a home console or PC experience. (Especially PC for the III trilogy now-a-days, hate the Ps2 for it now!)

Bought V months ago (paid it off months ago)

I hope if someone does join the series from V onwards, that they go back and play through III, Vice City, San Andreas, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD & TBOGT just to get a jist of what they missed out on for years and years of loving this series as much as a lot of us did.

Playing GTA when I was younger immersed me into a world where I didn't have to think about all the rough sh*t going on in my life, it just gave me an escape and I really love the games and Rockstar for providing that experience for me.

seinfeldvan
  • seinfeldvan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

Nope, def will not be my first experience, Im a slut when it comes to GTA.

zachy
  • zachy

GT: ExO Semper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

GTA 3. 2001. 8 years old. That's what started it all.

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Played LCS on a friend's PSP, well, most of it... Didn't like the PSP much.

I was like you as well, I bough my brother's PSP for really cheap and a game that came with it was LCS. I remember playing it in my study hall in high school, which to me was the only plus side of the PSP is portability.

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

My 0,02$

This.

This is a forum for people who know what GTA is all about.

I've been playing it since the original came out on PC.

That may be true but before I'd joined so long ago I'd always heard this was the best GTA forum on the Internet.  It's not a stretch to think some of our newer members may have just been curious as what the community was like and decided to sign up.  Besides, if I were completely new to a series, a fan-led forum is probably the first place I'd go for honest opinions and answers to questions that may be too intricate for the average general gaming site that covers thousands of games.

Kamii786
  • Kamii786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Vice City was my first proper experience where I finished it and played the sh*t out of it etc. but my first GTA experience was with GTA 2 and 3 where I was a kid and didn't have any consoles yet so I saw my mates/cousins playing it at their house and I played a few minutes of it. After that I pretty much bought all GTA games.

MetalGrand
  • MetalGrand

Hail To The King

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

I first got into the series back in '99 playing GTA 2 on my PS1.

Davilette
  • Davilette

Overly Sensitive Military Monkey

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

My first experience was when I was like 10, my dad took me to a Comics Convention in my city, and there was a kid playing a game, so I just watched him, he was running around in a black leather jacket, after that he grabbed a bat and started beating an old lady haha, I was so amazed and asked him what game was that, it was GTA III, so after that I asked my mom to buy me a used PS2 for my birthday, and got it with GTA: Vice City, I've been a fan ever since.  :sigh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users