Photo

Do you think the Feeling you get from Playing V for the first time

44 replies to this topic
AcidicDavey
  • AcidicDavey

Long Time Lurker

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I didn't have any hype for GTA3, don't know why, it's like I never even heard of it. I used to play GTA2 at a friend's house but that was all. But then, one day, I saw a preview in a gaming mag for Vice City! I read that mag so much it fell to pieces! :D I would have only been 10 then! I was given a PS2 for my birthday with Vice City in the April after it launched, I didn't have a memory card for a month or so, had to keep starting the game over if I turned the game off but as I was 11 I doubt I cared much! I still to this day play that game.

Put simply, I will probably never get that feeling quite like that again as it was so new and fresh compared to what I knew on the PSone. 

Having said that though, I'm so hyped for V. I'm addicted to hunting for the smallest bits of info just like most here. It's going to be my first midnight release, playing it for the first time will probably stick with me forever. It won't replace VC mind! ;)

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

The 17th will be like Christmas morning to me, but even better!  :p

Sept17th2013
  • Sept17th2013

White-skinned N-word.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

YES! V is the first big GTA that Ive been following all along and expecting since day one. That magic wasnt present in other GTAs that ive played.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

will be able to compare, or even surpass the feeling you got when you played GTA III for the first time?

Yes. Easily. III was nice but there wasn't much to do in it at all. I consider it the most boring game from III-present. 

The story was fun though.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

will be able to compare, or even surpass the feeling you got when you played GTA III for the first time?

Yes. Easily. III was nice but there wasn't much to do in it at all. I consider it the most boring game from III-present. 

The story was fun though.

I mean yeah in hindsight looking back that is easy to say. III hardly has any content beyond the story.

But I'm talking about for their respective periods. And obviously this is a case by case scenario as everyone has something different that appeals to them. But I know there are a lot of people that understand where I'm coming from here and share similar feelings on the matter.

I think V really has a good chance to pull it off.

hootenanee
  • hootenanee

Badass

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

I remember the first time I played vice city, I hopped in a car mowed over a few pedestrians, had the police chasing me. Then I was flicking through the radio stations and got to V-Rock, Slayer reign in blood was just starting. So there I was flying down the street, cops cars chasing me and reign in blood blasting from the in game radio, now THAT was a f*cking awesome feeling right there!

I'm a tad disappointed at the lack of metal in the music on GTA V  but no matter I'm still excited as hell about playing it :panic:

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

Nothing can compare to GTA lll and the first time I played it... It's not so much about the gameplay as it is about the time period and nostalgia associated with it... Times were simpler back then...

When I was playing GTA lll the only thing I used the Internet for was to print out cheat codes. That was it... I miss those days, tbh.
  • ArcaneKnight likes this

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

I was a casual observer of the top down GTA era. When I heard that this concept was going 3D I was mindf*cked. The only thing that was close at the time was Driver. Whenever a new GTA is announced I'm reminded of those times. GTA III was the only game that had me buy multiple magazines to keep track of one game. Everything else didn't warrant more than one preview until it came out for me. It was amazing nothing gave you a driving game with a 3rd person shooter and side activities on top of the main story included.

Vice City came out and it was GTA III but with an explosion of 80's vibe. I think I knew then that these bastards at Rockstar were gewd, pretty god damn gewd at capturing the feel of a place and time like nobody else. San Andreas did it again but went massive. GTA IV sought out to add even more touches and details to their re-imagined LC with new hardware. 

Point is every time I first play one of these games I expect to be entertained for months, if not years. The first time I played GTA III I had no idea what to really expect but was drooling all over the details like I am now over GTA V.

That's the only difference now, I know what to expect from a Rockstar game.

• ArcaneKnight likes this

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Didn't read lol

Wow, what a constructive and well thought out post!

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yea I don't get that tingly feeling anymore.. about anything.. maybe a big butt or some nice tits.  Growing up kinda sucks and Im only 22.

• HiddenStreet likes this

RisingLegend
  • RisingLegend

Your Neighborhood Wigger

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Didn't read lol

Then why post you jabroni!?

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

I won't get that feeling. I remember back to the days of III/VC and I loved every moment, It really isn't the same anymore. A game I once played for hours upon hours without getting bored, it's completely the opposite and I can't last an hour on an old game anymore. 

I'd even go as far to say I can't enjoy a game from the same franchise like I used to. However, when I pick something new up, I can. Skyrim comes to mind, first elder scroll game, played over 150 hours. I can't imagine doing 75hours in singleplayer GTA V anymore.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Nothing will compare to my first time playing GTA III.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Didn't read lol

Of course you didn't... I swear, people are becoming lazier and lazier by the day. If you're too lazy to read something (might I add isn't even that long) then go back to school and learn how.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

My first gta game was vice city and seriously when I played it I felt like my life was complete... it was so amazing, than came san andreas which just blew my mind. GTA IV was pretty amazing but it didn't had the same effect on me like these two but I have so much confidence that GTA V will bring back that amazing feeling 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users