Photo

Do you think the Feeling you get from Playing V for the first time

44 replies to this topic
ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

will be able to compare, or even surpass the feeling you got when you played GTA III for the first time?

Or can nothing compare to that for you?

I was thinking about it, and San Andreas at the time it came out got pretty damn close I was loving the vibe I got from that game when I first threw it in, but still it couldn't capture that same feeling I got the first time I played III. With IV, I think all the detailed following I did of that game prior to release kind of killed the magic that could've been, I suppose.

But will V actually be able to pull it off? I was also thinking about how insane it would be to go back to that time and play GTA III for the first time again and stumble upon a glitch that threw you into V for a brief period. If you were already blown away then, imagine what seeing V alive back then would've been like?

I think we're so used to this type of stuff being the norm now that it's almost to be expected. I didn't have any expectations when I threw GTA III in for the first time which is probably why I was so blown away. I saw a mafia sentinel, stole it and drove it anywhere I wanted and that was it for me. I was stuck on that game for months and months on end thinking there was no possible way I would ever get tired of it. How the times have changed.

I just want another game to capture that "waking up on christmas morning" feeling again, and I hope V is that game.

• crobert0247 likes this

Swat911
  • Swat911

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Didn't read lol

• kipakolonyasi likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

I admit. Only read your first sentence.

I can only hope it will feel that way. I've yet to play GTAIV or anything on the PS3, so, to me, it's going to be a huge jump from the PS2 version of GTA

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I know I'll get the feeling of playing V from when I got to play IV for the first time.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

GTA 3 isn't THAT special to me now. It's above average now but not bad at all.

Noodleminer
  • Noodleminer

Player Hater

• Members

You actually have a good point, I do honestly think that those moments are truly gone.

Playing your first HD game was a HUGE buzz.

This however, will be the only game to make you feel anywhere near that again during what is left of 'current gen'.

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Awesome post, know the feels. I think following all the hype on forums and it all definitely deducts from your experience once you finally play it.

Kinda regret it now. :(
  • ArcaneKnight likes this

Noodleminer
  • Noodleminer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Awesome post, know the feels. I think following all the hype on forums and it all definitely deducts from your experience once you finally play it.

Kinda regret it now. :(

I wouldn't, I doubt we have seen a fraction of what is on offer with GTA V. All the hype and general chit - chat has added to my experience. 

• Udrift likes this

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by Vorpax, 11 September 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Highly unlikely! ...Why? well...the difference is that by the moment III got released, not much were known about it (At least thats in my case!), there were no powerful internet (if any at all!) and we used ancient 56.k dial-up modems, which operated like turtle, so the rumors could be only spread and shared between other people and that was the only way to know about the game! In case with V its different! I already know about the game enough to not get me "Wow this is amazing", when i'm going to play it for the first time! Nothing at this point can surprise me so much, so it'd make me awe, no matter how big and detailed V is going to be! The thing is that i know what to expect, so the BEST V can do is surprise me just a little here and there, but thats just about it...

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Congrats, you're growing up.

Santa Claus aint' real son.

Noodleminer
  • Noodleminer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

The last time I was truly blown away by a game, Was Skyrim (dawnguard) when you first go into the valley. In the day, that was gorgeous scenery.

Made me actually say 'wow'.

K1monster
  • K1monster

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by K1monster, 11 September 2013 - 10:19 PM.

V will release alot of dopamine from my brain.

Demolition Man
  • Demolition Man

Made man

• Members
  • None

I didn't read that completely also. But yes I will get that special feeling. Its been years since I have been hyped for a game. GTAV will reignite that fire. 

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

For me, my first experiences with 3 were watching for days while friends hid under the roof at the hospital shooting helicopters with RPGs. I didn't even know you could drive. When I finally got to drive around, I thought it was pretty cool, but I wasn't blown away for some reason.

Vice city was just an extension of 3 for me, it was real small though.

San Andreas was the first that blew me away, first time in an airplane, being able to swim, driving offroad. That what I like, driving motorcycles offroad and really fast on the highways.

NOW. I have not played any videogames past San Andreas (I played 4 missions of IV, hated it, no offroad, unrealistic driving. You will agree if you have ever slid your tires and know how hard it is.) --- Think if you could play San Andreas back in the day, and then next month move up to the world of V. Yes, I will be blown away.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Didn't read lol

That's cool because the question was in the title and the first couple sentences. So if you couldn't make it that far then I'm not sure what you're doing on a forum.

I'm not really bothered by people that come in here and say that because obviously my post wasn't intended for you anyway. Meaning any input you had to share would obviously be very minimal and of very little value just like the post you made here. So thank you for saving your time and not wasting everyone elses.

Have a nice day.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yes everytime I start a new game for the first time I get a rush of adrenaline 

Noodleminer
  • Noodleminer

Player Hater

• Members

Didn't read lol

That's cool because the question was in the title and the first couple sentences. So if you couldn't make it that far then I'm not sure what you're doing on a forum.

I'm not really bothered by people that come in here and say that because obviously my post wasn't intended for you anyway. Meaning any input you had to share would obviously be very minimal and of very little value just like the post you made here. So thank you for saving your time and not wasting everyone elses.

Have a nice day.

Ha ha

Blue Libertine
  • Blue Libertine

Everton F.C

• Members

HAHA

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

No other video games even outside of GTA. I stopped at San Andreas. I still play it sometimes. I'm effin ready for V.

bluebomber84
  • bluebomber84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

my brain will tingle

Bezerk
  • Bezerk

Proficiency™ Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

You basically started your sentence off the topic..

red111
  • red111

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, I know I will. I love these games to death, every single on of them has provided me with that experience, even gta 4 on ps3 when it came out. And I am a pc gamer. There is something unique about these games, they are really tailored to what I like in video games, and they often get certain mechanics right(again, what I prefer) RDR was fun as well, they have more power to add certain details and create that atmosphere, and the shooting on max payne is for me the best third person shooter out there to this date(at least on PC.) Graphically it won`t, but the charm, the music, the design, the sheer fun will capture me from the very beginning. Just looking at the gameplay videos, I know they did it again. Call it bland fanboyism, I don`t really look at it that way. There are huge improvements from gta 4, big country side, more weapons, planes and so on. Stock market, apartments, robbing stores and heists. I am so stoked for this game, I cannot put it to words. All this negativity and stuff just makes me laugh, and I feel kinda sad that certain people won`t have that great experience I will have. So excited for this, I literally can`t stop thinking about it. Don`t think I been so hyped for a gta since gta 3, or maybe san andreas. In my opinion of course.

• ArcaneKnight and HoleInTheSky like this

R1C3W1N3
  • R1C3W1N3

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

For us, who have played all the GTA's?

hmm, maybe... but LUCKILY we "grew up" during the biggest transition...

Imagine kids in 5 years picking up GTA V for the first time, they'll be used to COD, FIFA etc... it won't be anything like what we experienced.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

every single gta game -except chinatown wars of course- did this spine tingling effect to me. yes, IV too. but yea i'm wondering too will V do it as well? i'm not that sure. because you know, you are growing up and all... But the game is going to be SICK thats for sure.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

If I'm able to avoid leaks until friday mid-day, my reactions to playing GTA V for the first time will surpase every game I've ever played! 

I'm to damn hyped.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Rep

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

All I can say is I hope the feeling comes back! re-kindling days-gone-by. but its true, as DirtyHarry44 put it, growing up... it takes away excitement of a game. I've got a lot of real-world stuff going on at the moment and I shouldn't even really be wasting time on GTA but I'm getting it and getting it at midnight specifically for the reason of wanting to light that fire in my mind again about how good Rockstar Games can be, and I'm confident they're going to cater for me in that respect.

The first time I put GTA3 in, it didn't come out of my system until Vice City came out, it was literally all I played. I've been playing since '97 and I remember absolutely thinking the original GTA was the best thing ever, and even then I knew it'd inevitably go to 3D, it still didn't prepare me for the rush I had when playing GTA3 for the first time.

I certainly do hope I feel a buzz again because to be honest, I miss it. and yes, I am getting too old to be excited about games, but I miss that buzz! It is the only thing that brings that christmas/birthday style excitement of old back to me.

I can't wait to see if it'll do it

• kipakolonyasi likes this

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by Nillus, 11 September 2013 - 10:44 PM.

I started with Vice City on PC when I was 13 or so, my friend brought it over and we secretly played it on our family computer with a banging 1 GHz Pentium 3 CPU. It was lovely, especially when we discovered the Maverick helicopter etc. Or the Hunter. Goddamn. :pp

We didn't have internet back then, you had to find out everything by yourself or get help from close friends. Lots of cool things to discover and share! No CD cracks either, so I ended up getting someone who was 19 to buy me a copy too.

I think part of the experience was that I never experienced such a degree of freedom and variety in a game before. Cars, bikes, helicopters and weapons, explosions, sex & hookers, cool radio music and shooting up people in the Malibu, setting things on fire, mafia sh*t, even a small airplane, drugs and more violence - man, up to that point I was used to playing LEGO games! Blew me away. This felt like some really 'cool' & mature sh*t to me! :pp

As for myself, I don't think that any game will be able to replace that for me, just because GTA Vice City was the first one to me. :)

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

No. Heres why, I played the heck out of driver2 and thought it was great like wow i can get out and run around and you could literally do nothing but drive, run around and ring a doorbell. Than GTA3 came out and it was just great, it was everything I wanted in a game but never had. freedom mixed with the violence. You could run around and actually do stuff.  While all the gta's have been good to play its all stuff we are mostly used to. They keep making it better and more immersive but they arent reinventing the wheel with it like they did with gta3.

Plus I had no expectations with gta3 it was just a game i got and it was better cause of that. Now we all have these super high expectations for GTA which is part of why it wont give us that feeling.

• shawt22 likes this

Tuniturntablist
  • Tuniturntablist

Ømar DmX

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by Tuniturntablist, 11 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

You know I've been thinking about this for a long time, I don't think V will capture the same feeling when I first played III, like some people said here, we had very little knowledge about III the time it was released because of limited internet, so the game was a big surprise for us. Plus III had IMO the best atmosphere and soundtrack of any GTA game to date, it was just perfect. When I first played IV I had no info about it except it being a ps3 game and I didn't get the same feeling when first playing III. I hope V proves me wrong though.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Awesome. It's cool reading peoples stories and experiences reflecting back on their III nostalgia, because I can definitely relate to most all of your posts.

So much better than these other people that come in here and contribute absolutely nothing. They think other people actually care if they read a post or not too. You didn't read it cool, back out and find a thread you think you'll enjoy reading. Or feel free to bump mine with more "didn't read lols" I dont care. But you aren't going to earn any respect rolling like that and all you do is cement your place on these boards as absolute bottom of the barrel members. Remember that.

And this doesn't apply to everyone because I'll admit I did drag the topic on a bit, but atleast most of you still had an opinion to share on the actual topic at hand. I respect that, but not mindless parrots like swat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users