Calibrate Joysticks on PS3 Controller?

2 replies to this topic
NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I have a used/"like new" PS3 "DualShock" controller (Sony OEM), that I use on a backup system, and doesn't get used very often. I've been using the PS3 since about 2009 and have never seen a problem like this.

I've tried to Google the issue, but it seems no one quite understands the definition of 'calibrated', or they're referring to something else.

Simply put, my left analog stick 'leans' to the right. In TLaD, my bike drifts into the walls if I don't constantly adjust, and the Annihilator flies around in circles.

Is there some sort of reset or calibration system for this? Either hardware controlled, or through the XMB? Haven't seen an option for it anywhere, but I'll browse through the XMB again while waiting for a response.

Thanks in advance. :)

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:12 PM Edited by Trund, 12 September 2013 - 12:13 PM.

You can try this here:

http://www.youtube.c...tch?FVi3nqOLLWE

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by dodeca, 18 September 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Something similar happened to me yesterday while playing GTA5 on PS3. I had turned on the motion sensitive controls for bikes and whenever i accidentally tilted the controller, my bike did the same thing as yours. Soon as I switched motion controls off, things were back to normal. I havent played gta4 on ps3 so im not sure if yours is the same issue but I bet it most likely is.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users