Quantcast

» «
Photo

A WARNING to those who have reserved PS4 or Xbox One

Reserve cancellation PS4 Xbox one Thieves
26 replies to this topic
GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by GTAVTheHeat, 11 September 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Dallas, TX

Okay so I am not sure if anyone was aware of this but just in case you have to cover your ass. So I went to my local Gamestop store and I bought a couple games. After my purchase a woman came in demanding to speak with the manager to which she was told the manager was not there. They said she was mad and I asked why. And here's what the Gamestop employee said to me and was very startling:

"She reserved a PS4 and someone else came in with her info (Her phone number was the only thing he told me they had but I'm skeptical) and cancelled her reserve and fundamentally took all of her money"

I asked if she was the only one and if its PS4 only.

He said, "No this has been happening for a while with Xbox One and Playstation 4 Reservations"

He went on to tell me that they will get it sorted out and people will be getting their Next Gen consoles but this is crazy and I can't think of any counter measures other than keep your receipt handy, I did not reserve any of the next gen consoles but BEWARE this could virtually happen with any reserve. Also I have no info on if its been happening with other reserves or other retailers but call them and check up just to be sure.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Damn, no one is safe nowadays, from nothing.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yet another reason why you should buy things online when you can. I'd also chalk it up as another reason to not bother pre-ordering things, but I know some people just can't wait a little bit longer for their video games.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

This is f*cking stupid, no normal store would allow this without showing proper ID before taking the order away.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

It looks like the terrorists won.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

This is f*cking stupid, no normal store would allow this without showing proper ID before taking the order away.

Gamestop is the only store where I've asked to speak to a manager on multiple occasions, for multiple reasons.  I'd only ever spoken to one real manager.  One other time the clerk gave me the old, "I am the manager" bullsh*t, but she wasn't a manager because she didn't know jack sh*t about the stores own return policy, which happened to be plastered all over the counter (and pointing this out didn't matter because she just ignored it).  The only way I know the other guy was a real manager was because he actually got sh*t done.

Anyway, what kind of a retail store doesn't have a manager working at all times during store hours?  I can understand a lunch break, but it seems like they never have managers working.  which would explain their sh*tty reputation, and all around sh*tty customer service.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Paynig for something far in advance is always a risk. At least use a CC so you have some faud protection. Letting a place like Gamestop hold your money for several months is just retarded though.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Wait so people in America are putting down all the money for the console a couple of months before release? That's incredibly f*cking stupid. 

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Wait so people in America are putting down all the money for the console a couple of months before release? That's incredibly f*cking stupid. 

I'm pretty sure the consoles is being preordered in a lot of places. That way there isn't a line of people outside a gamestore with pockets full of money waiting to be robbed

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm pretty sure the consoles is being preordered in a lot of places. That way there isn't a line of people outside a gamestore with pockets full of money waiting to be robbed

Yeah but it just seems like a really strange business practice. Over here, if you're pre-ordering in store, then you pay a deposit on the console and the rest of the amount on release. It just seems like common sense not to pay for the product months before you will actually get it.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Yeah but it just seems like a really strange business practice. Over here, if you're pre-ordering in store, then you pay a deposit on the console and the rest of the amount on release. It just seems like common sense not to pay for the product months before you will actually get it.
Unless you want to pay it off a little at a time so you aren't shelling out $400 on launch day. Also, sounds like there is more to that story, or the employee was a moron. I would think that Gamestop would have better policies than that in place.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

Unless you want to pay it off a little at a time so you aren't shelling out $400 on launch day. Also, sounds like there is more to that story, or the employee was a moron. I would think that Gamestop would have better policies than that in place.

Yeah thats why I was skeptical about it. But if there was more info the employee wasn't going to tell me. Because when I asked how they were doing it he said, "They come in with their info or their phone number and cancel the reserve" It just goes to show that lazy people are still ripping people off only its getting harder to contain.

Also to a previous post about people fully paying off a reservation, they don't exactly need to pay it all off, my guess is you had to put down at least $75-$100 for it based on the fact that I reserved a PS3 for $269 and the minimum was $50. I didn't do the exact math but its a rough guess.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Gamestop is the only store where I've asked to speak to a manager on multiple occasions, for multiple reasons.  I'd only ever spoken to one real manager.  One other time the clerk gave me the old, "I am the manager" bullsh*t, but she wasn't a manager because she didn't know jack sh*t about the stores own return policy, which happened to be plastered all over the counter (and pointing this out didn't matter because she just ignored it).  The only way I know the other guy was a real manager was because he actually got sh*t done.

Anyway, what kind of a retail store doesn't have a manager working at all times during store hours?  I can understand a lunch break, but it seems like they never have managers working.  which would explain their sh*tty reputation, and all around sh*tty customer service.

It sounds more like a scam hosted by the manager in this case (assuming any of this is true, I personally don't believe it).

I mean, which store would pay people back in cash? I'm assuming that's what happened since otherwise they could easily get the money back and/or check the name.

Imagine that, some guy walks in and says: "Hello, I am Mrs. Johnson, I want to cancel my reservation and I would like my money back in cash". Cashier: "Ok here is €400,-!".

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by finn4life, 12 September 2013 - 07:40 AM.

It sounds more like a scam hosted by the manager in this case (assuming any of this is true, I personally don't believe it).

I mean, which store would pay people back in cash? I'm assuming that's what happened since otherwise they could easily get the money back and/or check the name.

Imagine that, some guy walks in and says: "Hello, I am Mrs. Johnson, I want to cancel my reservation and I would like my money back in cash". Cashier: "Ok here is 400,-!".
Often they do give it back in cash, at least here. But Australian retailers aren't quite as f*cking retarded so they check your id before giving you anything back.

@ochy The only reason I got the V collectors edition was because I was the first person to pay off my preorder so I received 1 of 4 copies the store had. I paid via credit debit route though so my cash is safe.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

@Finn4life

I don't know man that's really alien to me. When I've pre-ordered anything in store they've never suggested I pay the full amount, only a security deposit.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Hm... damn :/

That sounds like it sucks a lot, now I'm kinda worried about my pre-orders. They can cancel my NFS Rivals pre-order but not my Battlefield 4 or GTA V pre-order.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Well I am not sure but apparently people who have reserved some stuff online might be having the same problem but don't know why.. Coincidence?

http://gtaforums.com...been-cancelled/

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Well I am not sure but apparently people who have reserved some stuff online might be having the same problem but don't know why.. Coincidence?

Well his first mistake was pre-ordering from Game, not sensible anymore. Also, he joined 2 hours ago and that was his first post.

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

My local Gamestop has given me my pre-orders without having my receipt present, I'm not sure if it's because they recognise me from being in there a lot or if it's just the cashiers being lazy but yeah. I usually only put €20 deposits on things nowadays.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

lol, the manager at the gamestop I am looking to get a part time job at was on vacation for about a month. I feel great knowing that I do not put money down for something that is not released yet.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

@Finn4life

I don't know man that's really alien to me. When I've pre-ordered anything in store they've never suggested I pay the full amount, only a security deposit.

They never did suggest to me to pay off the full amount. It was of my own doing because I knew there would be a collectors edition, and I knew they would call me first if I had my sh*t paid.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by fullmetal, 13 September 2013 - 11:32 AM.

PS4 costs 400 euros? You pay 1/8th of the price as a pre order. 50 euros.

Done diddlyfied that doodle and I'm among the first in Belgium/Europe to be able to get their PS4. You also need customers card in order to get it from the store so no fake pretending who you are. And oh... it also helps to come there regulary so they fix more things for you willingly/they recognise who you are. Simple no?

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

PS4 costs 400 euros? You pay 1/4th of the price as a pre order. 50 euros.

You might want to edit your answer a bit. :)

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Eventhough I was just awake there is no excuse for such stupidity :p...

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:46 PM Edited by Killerdude8, 14 September 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Lazy Employees are the bane of all logical solutions.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

Well his first mistake was pre-ordering from Game, not sensible anymore. Also, he joined 2 hours ago and that was his first post.

Speaking of Game lol http://gtaforums.com...-order-missing/  Jeez..

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:46 PM Edited by GunWrath, 16 September 2013 - 04:47 PM.

Yet another reason why you should buy things online when you can. I'd also chalk it up as another reason to not bother pre-ordering things, but I know some people just can't wait a little bit longer for their video games.

Online transactions are more prone to attacks and identity theft than in person transactions. There are large and numerous organized crime operating through cyberspace these days.

Another reason is to basically just hope you don't become a victim. I would say this is more of a store error or policy error than human error. Noone should come in with a phone number and ask for a refund. There should be certain measures than just 'okay, thank you.. here's your refund.. have a nice day'. Phone number, ID, etc as with many other purchases in life or store policies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users