Photo

Episodes From Avalon: PowerBass Records

3 replies to this topic
MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by Vice President, 11 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

PowerBass

Records

So here's the first short episode of PowerBass Records, the story of dozens of people brought together through and because of music.

I'd like to say a massive thanks to all of the people who've helped me since I joined, so Writer's Discussion, this one's for you.  :cool: 

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by Vice President, 11 September 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Episode I: Old Friends, Hookers and Explosions

FADE IN:

INT. POWERBASS RECORDS - LEON'S OFFICE – NIGHT

A white man with short, messy, black hair sits alone with his head on his desk in a small, tidy room. His name is LEON, he doesn’t look old, maybe in his late twenties. Slowly, he raises his head in silence and stands up and brushes the dust off his suit.

LEON (V.O)

Powerbass Records, that was how I earned a living... Dubstep was in high demand, it had finally moved from warehouse parties to mainstream TV channels. I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon. My grandfather owned a recording studio, downtown, where he recorded his soul music.

Leon makes his way the large window behind him, most of the city is in view. Streetlights shine down onto the busy roads filled with racing sports cars and nightlife tour busses. The skyscrapers light up the sky, engulfing it in a colourful neon glow.

LEON (V.O)

I got a few artists onto my label, constantly pushing their music out and gaining them new fans. We got a couple of platinums, a few golds too... but nothing could compare to the money it brought in. I had a millions of dollars in the bank.

Leon continues to glare silently at the city as his face fills with rage.

LEON (V.O)

I developed an addiction to pretty much everything; blew the money real fast. The artists weren’t impressed, they drifted away as did the dubstep craze. Now, here I am, with nothing... staring as the city continues to change before my eyes.

Leon walks out of the office room into a large empty corridor to an elevator.

EXT. GREY VALLEY CEMETERY - NIGHT

Lightning strikes down rapidly, giving life to the bleak darkness. Leon kneels infront of a grave, his suit drenched from the storm and the bottle of vodka that's flowing into his mouth. Leon moves closer to the gravestone which reads "Alfred Roselyn Star", obviously Leon's deceased grandfather.

LEON

(drunkly slurring)

See grandpa, even after all you did for me, I'm still a failure. I'll never ach...Achieve the goals that you set for me. I'm broke and the bills keep mounting up, PBR is probably gonna get shut down, not that it makes any difference. So tell me, well not tell me, unless you're a ghost.

Leon smiles and drops the bottle of vodka in the soil.

LEON (CONT'D)

You can do that right? Come on, be a ghost. Please? Wait, what am I doing? Oh yeah, I need help, from you or anyone. Spiritual guidance or some other sh*t. Listen, I'm gonna go home and try to sleep, maybe pick up some women on the way back. You know how it goes. I'll see you soon, grandpa.

Leon stands up and wanders away into the darkness, leaving the bottle of vodka to leak through the already soaked soil.

EXT. ALLEYWAY - NIGHT

Leon slowly walks through a darkened alleyway, the pale moonlight reflecting in the puddles. A hooded figure steps out from behind a dumpster, holding a knife and creeping towards Leon. Carelessly, Leon stops and stares at the figure. 

LEON

(Laughing)

Buttering some bread there, bro?

HOODED FIGURE

Money, phone, now!

LEON

How about no? What are you gonna do? Spread me?

HOODED FIGURE

I have a knife, don't make me use it. 

LEON

You know, if I wasn't wearing my good suit, I'd beat the crap out of you right now. You're a bigger failure than me, you don't even know how to mug properly. 

Leon guides the hooded figures arm up so that the knife is pointing at Leon's throat. 

HOODED FIGURE

What? Are you helping me mug you?

LEON

Bro, you can't mug to save your life, which if it wasn't me that you were mugging, you probably would no longer have. The knife points at the throat, not the stomach. Oh, and lets get this straight, that hoodie and them cargo shorts just don't go together. Improve your look, be nice and presentable when you pull this kind of stuff. Now take this lesson and go mug some old woman or something. 

HOODED FIGURE

Uh, okay I guess. 

LEON

(Winking)

Remember, throat is the money maker.

As Leon begins to walk away, the hooded figure takes his hood down to reveal who he is. The figure is FRANKIE CARREY aka "FLIPSYDE", a bearded white man with scruffy long hair, wearing a set of dirty clothes. 

FRANKIE

Wait, it's me, Leo. 

Leon turns around to look at Frankie, his face is utterly shocked. 

LEON

Frankie, you tried to mug me? WHAT THE f*ck, BRO!?

FRANKIE

I'm totally out of money, my wife left me and took it all.

LEON

All of the earnings from the singles? Even the royalties?

FRANKIE

Every single penny...

LEON

f*ck man! I know that broke feeling, Powerbass Records has gone bankrupt. The building is getting repossessed if I can't get thirty grand by the end of the week. I have no chance, I even sold the mansion to keep it running for this long. I have to live in a sh*tty apartment now. 

FRANKIE

Atleast you have a home, as of now, I'm on the streets. Look at me, hair growing out. I haven't shaved for months. 

LEON

Feel free to stay the night at my place, I have a couch, I think...

FRANKIE

You think? 

LEON

It's not that hard to break in so I'm just hoping nobody tried. 

FRANKIE

Are you gonna walk me back then?

LEON

I have a few dollars in my apartment, wanna see if we can trick a hooker into giving us a free trial?

FRANKIE

Oh Jesus, no!

LEON

More lickin' for Leon then.

Leon smiles and closes his eyes. 

FRANKIE

Please don't ever say that in public again.

LEON

You gotta be kidding, it's like a ghost town here. 

Leon and Frankie begin to walk further towards the end of the alleyway. 

INT. LEON'S APARTMENT - DAY

Leon is asleep on a mattress in the corner of room while Frankie lay on the couch, wide awake. The apartment consists of: the couch, the mattress, a fridge, a coffee table and a very basic bathroom. The yellow floral wallpaper is filthy, as is the brown carpet. 

FRANKIE

Leo, you awake?

Leon slowly wakes up and brushes his hand through his hair.

LEON

Sup?

FRANKIE

Might you have any spare clothes?

Leon points to a large pile of clothes on the coffee table.

FRANKIE

Thanks, mind if I use the shower?

LEON

Go for it, bro.

Frankie stands up and wanders to the bathroom with a set of clothes while Leon lies back down and takes a cigarette out of his suit pocket. 

LEON

(Looking at the water damaged cigarette)

f*ck!

FRANKIE (O.S)

Uh, Leo, there's a huge problem in here!

LEON

Sup?

FRANKIE (O.S)

You, uh, might want to take a look in here. 

Leon frowns and stands up, angrily walking into the bathroom where a tightly clothed hooker is lay in the bath. Her name is SCARLET, 29.

LEON

IS THAT SICK ON MY FLOOR?!

Leon glares down at the sick covered tiles in the bathroom floors, he moves closer and starts to aggressively slap the hooker in the face. She wakes up and coughs more sick on the floor. 

SCARLET

Am I dead?

LEON

No but you had better get the f*ck out of my bath and clean that floor...bitch.

Scarlet tries to stand up but slips on the sick and lands on the floor passed out or possibly dead. 

LEON

Oh, is she dead? Not again!

FRANKIE

AGAIN?!

LEON

This happens a lot.

FRANKIE

JESUS, LEO, HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING AROUND YOU!?

LEON

Calm down, stop moaning.  We just need to hide her in the garbage chute. 

FRANKIE

But won't the janitor find out? 

LEON

Oh don't worry about that creepy old f*cker, he'd probably drag her out and... eat her... or something. 

FRANKIE

Be serious for a second, Jesus, Leo!

LEON

Alright, now listen, this is a possibility. We could take the body up to the roof and throw it off, make it look like a suicide. 

FRANKIE

I knew I should have stayed out in the alley. 

LEON

So is it agreed? The roof thing?

FRANKIE

I don't want any part in this, your hooker, your problem.

LEON

Oh, and leave me to dirty my good suit?

FRANKIE

Yeah...

LEON

...HOW ABOUT NO? Grab her arms and help me.

Leon grabs Scarlet's legs and Frankie grabs her arms. They start to lift her out into the hallway then up the stairs to the roof.

EXT. LEON'S ROOF - MORNING

Frankie and Leon are on the edge of the roof. They are dangling Scarlet above a dumpster. 

LEON

Ready?

FRANKIE

(Annoyed)

No.

LEON

We let go on the count of three...two...

Scarlet wakes up and starts to scream. Frankie and Leon drag her back up onto the roof where she lays silently.

LEON

You're not dead?

HOOKER

(Coughing)

No, idiot. 

LEON

Well, I would apologise but you kinda puked on my floor.

FRANKIE

(Disappointed in Leon)

Leo, you wasn't going to apologise anyway was you?

LEON

Erm...no.

Leon turns to the hooker, she's a quite pretty woman with dark long hair and large breasts though she has one finger missing from her left hand.

HOOKER

So where's my money?

LEON

Where's my clean floor!?

FRANKIE

We almost killed her, Leo, you can at least just pay her and let her go home. 

LEON

Pay her? With what money? Do you have a money tree growing out of your ass, huh?

HOOKER

I ain't leaving until I get what you owe me. 

LEON

You "ain't leaving" until you get my f*cking bathroom sorted out. 

The hooker takes a phone out of her bra and begins to dial a number, she puts the phone on loud speaker.

HOOKER

My pimp's gonna f*ck you up!

LEON

Ha, me? No chance. 

The phone connects and breathing can be heard. The hooker moves the phone closer to her mouth. 

HOOKER

Nathan?

NATHAN (O.S)

Bitch, this better be important...

HOOKER

Two guys won't pay me. 

NATHAN (O.S)

Put 'em on.

Leon moves closer to the phone. 

LEON

So, yeah, hey. 

NATHAN

Is there a reason you ain't paying?

LEON

Totally, she puked on my floor. 

NATHAN (O.S)

Scarlet, what the sh*t?

HOOKER/SCARLET

I was drunk and drugged in the guy's bath. 

NATHAN (O.S)

You been drugging her?

LEON

Hell no, if I had drugs, I'd use them myself. I didn't even sleep with her, I don't think. I remember finding her upset outside my apartment and I brought her in. That's all I remember. 

NATHAN (O.S)

Still, you owe me. But I like your attitude. Wanna earn a little money too?

LEON

Erm, I ain't down for whoring myself out. 

SCARLET

Gee, thanks. 

LEON

I didn't mean it like that. 

NATHAN (O.S)

Neither did I, I need a few errands running. I hope you can help, meet me at that huge nightclub in Ibarazi City. 

LEON

I'll drop by later on, cya man. 

The phone disconnects and Scarlet puts it down.  

SCARLET 

Don't even think about working with him.

FRANKIE

She's right, you can't be really considering it. 

LEON

I just might take him up on his offer...

FRANKIE

I don't want anything to do with a criminal. 

LEON

Stay here with Pukey Hooker. 

SCARLET

MY NAME IS SCARLET!

LEON

K den... Off to Flash I go. 

FRANKIE

Off to what?

SCARLET

That's the name of the nightclub, idiot. 

LEON 

'Actly

INT. FLASH NIGHTCLUB - NIGHT

Strobe lights, disco lights, laser lights.Flashing, colorful lighting everywhere. Music blaring out, heavy drops and baselines. Crowds of hundreds with their hands in the air, in a euphoric trance. An extremely popular nightclub with an absolutely huge interior filled with many bars, booths and elevated dancing podiums. In one of the booths, a young man sits, downing shots of tequila alone. His black hair shaved into a Mohawk, no facial hair. He is wearing a grey diamanté t-shirt and  blue denim jeans with the punkish rips and slices in them. He is NATHAN, 24. Leon casually walks over to him and takes a seat next to him. 

LEON

Nathan?

NATHAN

Hey, Nathan McCarthy. Nice to meet you.

LEON

(Shaking Nathan's hand)

Leon Star.

NATHAN

Oh, I know you. You owned that world famous record label, right? What happened?

LEON

Yeah, Powerbass Records. I pretty much blew all of the money and lost all of my artists and producers.  

NATHAN

Damn, not cool. I'll be willing to throw you some work, get you enough money to start over. 

LEON

Wow, thanks man. 

NATHAN

First thing, I need y-

A bunch of masked men armed with guns barge into the nightclub and begin to shoot down many people in the crowd. 

MASKED MAN

(Waving an assault rifle around) 

Everybody get down!

NATHAN

Dammit, this is the Slacha incident all over again.

LEON

f*ck...

Nathan throws a pistol to Leon and takes out a pistol for himself. 

NATHAN

Saving these people, that can be your first job. 

LEON
(confused)

I don't know how a gun works.

NATHAN

You had better learn, real quick. 

Nathan dashes out of the booth and starts shooting at the masked men while Leon slowly moves closer to a table and flips it over for cover. 

NATHAN (CONTINUED)

If there's one thing I've learnt over the years, it's that disco ball plus someone's head equals a glorious damn mess.

Nathan shoots at a string that drops a massive disco ball onto one of the thugs and it splatters him instantly, covering the dance floor in blood and brain. The crowd scream and try to exit the nightclub but the doorway is full of debris.

LEON
That's, that's just disgusting.

NATHAN
(laughing)
Soon you'll get used to seeing a bit of blood.

LEON
(pointing to the thug about to stab Nathan)
Look left, quick.

Nathan turns around and kicks the thug in the stomach. He drops the knife and lean forward in pain, Leon shoots him in the head.

NATHAN
(smiling)
Nicely done!

LEON
We gotta save that guy!

NATHAN
What guy?

LEON
The DJ

NATHAN
sh*t, ALEX!

Nathan and Leon run across the dancefloor while avoiding the bullets that are colliding into nearby objects. The DJ is crouching behind the music mixing equipment on the Podium, he looks a lot like Nathan but instead of having a black mohawk, he has white spiked hair. Another difference is the DJ's ears which have bright green stretching taper spikes in the piercings. The DJ's name is ALEX aka DJ NOIRE , 22. Nathan reaches the podium and dives up to grab it, he pulls himself on it and crouches next to Alex. Leon stands infront of the podium and shoots the masked thugs running towards him with knifes and pistols.

ALEX
About time there, Nath.

NATHAN
Just casually trying to save your life, you know, you can't really moan.

Nathan rips the wires out of a large speaker and tosses it off the podium onto one of the masked thugs head, also splatting it like the disco ball did to one of the thugs earlier.

ALEX
Still love splatting things I see.

NATHAN
Ha, I replicated the disco ball death, a minute ago.

ALEX
Ah, the old Slacha disco ball. Ranked as number three in your top ten kills.

NATHAN
Those were the days.

ALEX
Sure were, we had quite a bit of fun eh?

NATHAN
I remember it like it was yesterday,.

ALEX
Damn, I miss them days.

NATHAN
Don't you mean dam-n.

Nathan and Alex laugh while Leon looks up at them.

LEON
(Annoyed)
Is now really the time for this? There's like an infinite number of guys trying to kill us and-

The skylight smashes and dozens of the masked men rope their way down out of a helicopter. All of them landing on the dancefloor, armed with assault rifles. 

NATHAN
-f*ck. Totally f*cking awesome.

ALEX
Wait what?

NATHAN
The rope! I've always wanted to do this.

FADE OUT:

aritrabose
  • aritrabose

Yipee Kay-yay Motherf*cker !

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

Can you give me the format? It'll really be helpful.

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'll message you on Facebook now :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users