Photo

Annoying, repetitive GTA V threads

6 replies to this topic
homajay
  • homajay

Mr Dig Bick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Certain types of threads are ruining my (and I'm sure many other member's) ability to enjoy visiting GTAForums. These include:

• When will I get the game?
  • Good bye social life
  • Map's too small
  • Look at this leak/this 'leak' is fake
  • How old is everyone?

I was hoping there could either be stricter control over these types of reptitive threads or some pinned threads to discuss different topics in one place so the boards aren't littered with all the same stuff.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I agree, though at few days of the release, there's not much else to discuss...
  • homajay likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

These are not going to be avoided, there are plenty of other places in the forums that you can go but you choose the V section and expect it to be free of spoilers and troll threads? We are 5 days from release, have about 3000 more members online than last week, have tons of new members and leaks are incoming left, right and center.

Here are some of the things currently being done:

- We have an extensive Moderating Team and a large set of GTA V forum led-bys

- New Members have restrictions of 1 post per 300 seconds and 1 PM per hour

- Members are getting warned and banned pretty much all of the time

- Have Pinned Threads such as 'No Spoilers or Leaks' and 'Have a Question?' that obviously don't have affect on some members (mainly trolls)

Honestly, the moderators here are doing their best to keep the place under control. What more can they do?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

There are people on there who are just riding the hype train. In a few days they'll move on to the next big game that hasn't been released yet.

Menkz
  • Menkz

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Certain types of threads are ruining my (and I'm sure many other member's) ability to enjoy visiting GTAForums. These include:

• Good bye social life
  • Map's too small
  • How old is everyone?

I was hoping there could either be stricter control over these types of reptitive threads or some pinned threads to discuss different topics in one place so the boards aren't littered with all the same stuff.

Well there is a moderation queue option the mods could enable and then sift through OC threads.

Hopefully it will get rid of all the spam/repetitive threads.

• homajay likes this

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

• Good bye social life
  • Map's too small
  • How old is everyone?
Well there is a moderation queue option the mods could enable and then sift through OC threads. Hopefully it will get rid of all the spam/repetitive threads.

This isn't our 9 to 5. Approving every single topic would be amazingly tedious, especially considering how fast this place moves.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Mods have lost control, seriously look at the GTA V section. its one giant mess. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users