Photo

the underwater part of gta 5

21 replies to this topic
gta_crewmember
  • gta_crewmember

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

I was just wandering seeying the leaked map its one big island with water everywere and we know you can go under water.

so my question is were and how far can you go into the sea and how will they block you off from getting way to far outside the map.

will there maybe be waves that stop you or can you only dive down into the lakes ?

and sorry if this has been said already but iam not gonna search thousands of threads

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

We know there's a lot to explore down there... presumably after a certain point the seabed becomes plain and continues forever, a bit like when you're in the sky. Except underwater.

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I've been looking forward to this aspect greatly. My hopes are that, since we are in the west, we may be able to see a few RDR easter eggs down there, or at least something mysterious.

NFPM
  • NFPM

Adrenaline Junkie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

No, we have no information on the limits of the underwater exploration and how we are gonna be stopped just like ThenEightyOne said, you'll have to wait untill you get it and play it.

GerritJan1998
  • GerritJan1998

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I hope you can go underwater and then in caves or something, would be awesome!

Grand Theft Auto 5 Fan
  • Grand Theft Auto 5 Fan

Legend

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Its obvious by looking on the leaked map it shows darker water surrounding the land which is obviously sub-mergable but the lighter area water (vast ocean) is only drivable by boat :)

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Its obvious by looking on the leaked map it shows darker water surrounding the land which is obviously sub-mergable but the lighter area water (vast ocean) is only drivable by boat :)

Aw, hopefully not, I'm looking forward to taking a boat out as far as the game lets me and then jumping in with my SCUBA gear on.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

nothing will stop you. You can go forever, but the reefs and shipwrecks only go out a couple hundred feet, after that its most likely a plain sandy bottom. 

gta_crewmember
  • gta_crewmember

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

good point but still that doesnt answer my question 

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY, 11 September 2013 - 06:06 PM.

d60t.jpg
I'm guessing that the dark area around the outside of the map is the highly detailed ocean. Past that, maybe it's just plain ocean floor that goes on forever. Either way, that's a sh*t load of map dedicated to ocean.

JoM
  • JoM

Laoch na nGael

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

This thread just brought back my excitement for getting v and going exploring,that's a lot of ocean...hurry the f*ck up Tuesday!!

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

Im pretty excitied about the diving and exploring but I dont have my hopes to high on there being alot of stuff down there, Im sure there will be a good amount to see but I dont want to overhype myself. I also feel like the diving is something Ill always want to do but I'll end up distracting myself and not doing it.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Actually, I just chopped that map about, when you put the sea together there really is quite a lot of it!

SeaGTV.jpg

PumpuliKivi
  • PumpuliKivi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Even though this is an cool feature GTA will always be for me atleast about cars and having fun with em. But we will see.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

True, but the more vehicles the better :)

TiggerThaWigger
  • TiggerThaWigger

Heisenberg

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Im going to place explosive detonators at the bottom of the ocean to blow Nessy out of the water

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Actually, I just chopped that map about, when you put the sea together there really is quite a lot of it!

7.5-8 miles of underwater goodness

Yankee6X
  • Yankee6X

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

What I wanna know is if you can hitch a submarine to a helicopter's winch, and transport the sub to the inland lakes/sea... To me that seems like the true challenge of exploration.

iondot
  • iondot

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Keep in mind that scuba diving comes with the limits of an oxygen supply and the deeper you go, the less time you have with your air. Diving also gets exponentially complex as you go deeper, with the danger of nitrogen narcosis increasing rapidly at depths beyond 100 ft.

As for the submersible, these two have limits, but even if the game one doesn't, it could easily be handled the way boats or plans are, with the same artificial limits. (I'm still surprised this wasn't handled by land on the east side of the map with an endless desert.)

• lucifieraies likes this

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

i assume that they will have an assortment of random flora and rocks that spawn in and out as you go on, nothing great, just there to make it not look overly barren. either that, or it goes down really, really far like in just cause 2.

Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

derp

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

Keep in mind that scuba diving comes with the limits of an oxygen supply and the deeper you go, the less time you have with your air. Diving also gets exponentially complex as you go deeper, with the danger of nitrogen narcosis increasing rapidly at depths beyond 100 ft.

As for the submersible, these two have limits, but even if the game one doesn't, it could easily be handled the way boats or plans are, with the same artificial limits. (I'm still surprised this wasn't handled by land on the east side of the map with an endless desert.)

That's real life. GTA V is not real life. I highly doubt we'll have nitrogen levels to deal with. Same with Oxygen levels. IGN or CVG would have mentioned it, but they have never mentioned it to my knowledge.

Anyway what I'm wondering is, will we have a flashlight or something we can use when scuba diving? We know we can put them on guns, and the sub itself has lights, so I'm hoping we'll have one to explore those dark areas, like ships, and buildings from what I've heard, fully without it being dark.

iondot
  • iondot

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

That's real life. GTA V is not real life. I highly doubt we'll have nitrogen levels to deal with. Same with Oxygen levels. IGN or CVG would have mentioned it, but they have never mentioned it to my knowledge.

Anyway what I'm wondering is, will we have a flashlight or something we can use when scuba diving? We know we can put them on guns, and the sub itself has lights, so I'm hoping we'll have one to explore those dark areas, like ships, and buildings from what I've heard, fully without it being dark.

I wasn't suggesting R* had made a realistic dive simulator, only that it might take advantage of these limitations to keep the player on the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users