Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV handling is way more far realistic and better.

GTA IV GTA V Vehicle Handling GTA GTA Forums
480 replies to this topic
0casper0
  • 0casper0

Lets go bowling

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

...FFS people seriously... When GTA IV came out, everybody was running around saying that the handling of GTA IV is like a jelly, which is true.

BUT NOW, R* has actually made really well done handling, with  each car having their very unique handling. Let me put it this way; Most people cry cause they didn't see damage on the car.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

...FFS people seriously... When GTA IV came out, everybody was running around saying that the handling of GTA IV is like a jelly, which is true.

BUT NOW, R* has actually made really well done handling, with  each car having their very unique handling. Let me put it this way; Most people cry cause they didn't see damage on the car.

People have opinions dude, shut it and realize that. ;)

I guess the handling won't be bad at cruisings speeds but I don't know, I just didn't want handling that was more unrealistic in a lousy lame attempt to be more fun... fun to some 10 year olds...

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Well they've gone the easy route I see. Not my kind of handling..

• Scaglietti likes this

anon123
  • anon123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

IV required skill, you had to manage the way the car's weight moved to get the most out of it. This looks like full throttle and full turn all the way.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Rockstar say they do not work with Hollywood, because I do not want to play by someone else's rules, and Rockstar your own opinions and your vision and concept of GTA, which is not adjusted to the tastes of the crowd.
But I think Rockstar are hypocritical because driving physics GTA5 made ​​for a crowd

Well that's melodramatic (and fallacious).

Their point regarding working with Hollywood is about losing control of their own intellectual property. Suits outside of Rockstar would essentially be able to take GTA away from them. Whatever your gripes about GTA V is, Rockstar is still in charge. It was their own decision. Whatever compromises you think they made, they made it themselves. That's not in anyway hypocritical. It's the exact opposite of hypocritical. They could have made V's driving physics to cater to the dwarfish lesbian inuit community or the entire solar system, still neither would be hypocritical because it was their own decision. Not agreeing with their choices =/= hypocrisy on their part.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

IV required skill, you had to manage the way the car's weight moved to get the most out of it. This looks like full throttle and full turn all the way.

It does, it looks exactly like MCLA, which is a big let down after IV's amazing driving.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Patient 223

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

I didn't even want to see the leaks but couldn't help it. Now I NEED another video leak just to get that horrible taste out.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I didn't even want to see the leaks but couldn't help it. Now I NEED another video leak just to get that horrible taste out.

We're all hoping and praying, nothing is more powerful than a prayer.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Guess OP forgot you have over 2 hundred vehicles to choose from and customizations to your liking. It is truly amazing you see a 20 second clip of a car and already have negative thoughts in your mind. This game might not be for you.

Cobra427Cobra427
  • Cobra427Cobra427

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by Cobra427Cobra427, 12 September 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Yes, of course physics gta4 is not ideal from the point of view of the simulator. It was impossible to drifting, lack of wheel spin during acceleration, suspension and etc..
GTA 4 but it was enough. Physics gta4 not imitate reality, but was approximately similar to the reality.
The main thing you need in the GTA - realistic inertia and weight of the car to crash looked spectacular and realistic,
the car somersaulted 10 times through the roof. Or a car crashing into another car and cars fly away in different directions.
And in the video with the R8 we see what that muffled poking A is not an accident

Here is how I would like to see in GTA

In the GTA I was not very interested in the story and the characters, and even shootings are not as interesting as driving, the greatest amount of time in the GTA, I spend, riding in vehicles, arranging accidents, car chases and traveling around the map, and as I love the multiplayer. If there is not a decent physics, my enjoyment of GTA5 will be 70% lower, and I will not be playing it for years

ClassicChamploo
  • ClassicChamploo

Mugen ∞

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

tumblr_m52tfiDKu41qkpz3uo1_250.gif

Sums up this topic nicely.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

no its not

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'm just waiting for a driving video that wasn't recorded with a toaster. Then I'll judge. 

Oh, and I've never liked the 9F anyway. Just not a fan of Audi R8's.

Cuban800
  • Cuban800

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:37 PM Edited by Cuban800, 12 September 2013 - 02:37 PM.

Oh, i assume you have played the game and knows all about the driving and handling in this game?

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I would hope Rockstar isn't that stupid.

MrGuitarrica
  • MrGuitarrica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by MrGuitarrica, 12 September 2013 - 02:58 PM.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=UiPFWZtAbH8
Look at this video. Looks like they toned down the damage... WHATEVER! This game will be amaaazing! :)
I'm way beyond excited for next week!

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by abigor115, 12 September 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Driving mechanics is more like this now http://www.youtube.c...h?v=S98LfHHqKbY   and think that they used this sh*t game for inspiration to GTA 5  driving physics.......lol  what a disappointment !!!!!!

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by Rafe, 12 September 2013 - 05:26 PM.

I understand that children are playing gta4, shouting that it's too hard, I understand that it is marketing, but I do not understand why marketers do not allow for flexible adjustment of difficulty and realism of driving, from arcade to simulation.

For the same reason directors and movie producers in the movie industry do not make R rated versions of popular movies.

1 It costs development time to provide this

2 The primary market demographic is juveniles who have tremendously poor discrimination of quality. Juveniles are unsophisticated gamers that when given the option between more power or less power in game they will default to more power. Power is freedom. There is limited understanding of game constraints and rationalization that games must have them to provide a sense of reward and accomplishment. Primarily the kids pay the bills so most modern entertainment vehicles are designed around their tastes which are naive and free from cynicism or analysis.

Just push accelerator to escape cops;  just got a new car in your garage and backed out at 80 mph and accidentally hit the wall, don't worry we no longer have vehicle damage, drive as carelessly as you want to without consequence. 

Driving mechanics is more like this now http://www.youtube.c...h?v=S98LfHHqKbY   and think that they used this sh*t game for inspiration to GTA 5  driving physics.......lol  what a disappointment !!!!!!

Good god i watched a few minutes of that crap and was sick. That is literately the epitome of arcade driving. I think you're exaggerating though. GTA 5 leaks i've seen indicate the driving is not as arcadyily absurd as Midnight Club. As many have pointed out the leaks are of poor quality and too short. There is only 1 video that depicts a high speed collision. the 2 other driving videos show vehicles driving at slow speed and its' impossible to determine the quality of driving physics from them. Even saints row car simulations look good at slow speed.

aleex96
  • aleex96

Peon

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by aleex96, 12 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

My balls are far realistics and better. What's that sh*t? Look like f*cking saints row :facepalm:

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Watch the video again, it does not look anything like midnight club.

bigwalker
  • bigwalker

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

The only thing what concerns me is the damage, I see a video of a car going full speed into a wall and it wasn't even scratched. If anyone has any videos of vehicle damage please PM me it. 

• Calanguento likes this

prophetboyz
  • prophetboyz

What do i write here?

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

This is GTA5 not Gran Turisimo lol this forum seems to judge everything from 6 second vine clips.

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

This is GTA5 not Gran Turisimo lol this forum seems to judge everything from 6 second vine clips.

Take a look at this. Gran Turisimo isn't even Gran Turismo. Damage modeling and collisions are ridiculous and look overly elastic in this. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_1bVCYjguLw

GTA 4 has GT beat simply as the a previous poster demonstrates with some of those GTA 4 crash videos. GTA 4 had some tremendously spectacular crashes that few games can duplicate. 

• boxmonster and DrAnomalous like this

Cobra427Cobra427
  • Cobra427Cobra427

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Cobra427Cobra427, 12 September 2013 - 09:22 PM.

realistic, high inertia and realistic weight of the car = massive destruction of locations and objects on the street and other cars = spectacular crash
as well as the unpredictable behavior of your somersaulting through the roof of the car. Unpredictability and non-linearity is always fun.
Arcade physics, weak inertia, and understated, the weight of the car = the opportunity to play relaxed. But it's boring and stupid

probably in the GTA will never be the physics of destruction vehicle

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Almost every GTA player knows the handling for the old GTA IV. Alot of people say they hate it, such, and for me personally! I want it back, mainly because it's more realistic, better at drifting. Like seriously who would want a car handling based on Midnight Club LA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NWlUy3So_dU

I hope they release a DLC pack for GTA IV car handling.

LOL that was awesome.. GTAIV's driving was boring and I am sure I can out drive most people in IV. Its time for a change.

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Just sit back and don't judge the game based on a video that was taken with a potato. 

Wait a few days until you can lay your own hands on that game, play it for a while and then if you feel like you have to you may express your opinion.

Until then I would shut my pie hole. 

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

its not more realistic you dumb sh*t. Do you see cars floating like boats in gran turismo 5? No, personally the handling in GTA V looks about 30000 times better than GTA IV, and I loved gta iv car handling too.

just wait till you get the game and stop complaining.

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

This is beyond awesome. I hope to hell this is in GTA 6. If there are arguments as to why this degree of deformation is not a good thing for a sequel to GTA 5 that will come out in 5 years or so i'de like to know. 

Cobra427Cobra427
  • Cobra427Cobra427

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

its not more realistic you dumb sh*t. Do you see cars floating like boats in gran turismo 5? No, personally the handling in GTA V looks about 30000 times better than GTA IV, and I loved gta iv car handling too.

just wait till you get the game and stop complaining.

GT5 - not ideal physics, Forza 4 is better

This is beyond awesome. I hope to hell this is in GTA 6. If there are arguments as to why this degree of deformation is not a good thing for a sequel to GTA 5 that will come out in 5 years or so i'de like to know. 

soft body physics cars appeared around 2010, Rockstar have had time to implement it in GTA5, but they do not want.I think the reason is that "the game for all" should be moderate, this degree of damage to shock people, to the same one hit and the car is immobilized.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

PROOF THAT GTA V HAS BETTER OR EQUIVALENT

http://instagram.com/p/eLWxBQwy3R/#

R* arent dumb enough to dumb something that is already there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users