Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV handling is way more far realistic and better.

GTA IV GTA V Vehicle Handling GTA GTA Forums
480 replies to this topic
SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

The horrible grammar in the title should be enough to tell you the intelligence of the OP.

That being said, they only took Franklins special ability from MC:LA "zone" special. The driving physics will be like IV but better.

Less body roll, better braking, better gear shifts and adding more wheel spin, which I thought IV severely lacked in.
  • HeavilyArmedX likes this

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

The handling was good on 4 but damn it was hard to properly cut corners without using handbrakes and when you did 85 percent of the time a light pole or railing would eat the side if your car.

The car physics were excellent though.

stiggy83
  • stiggy83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

as a Gran Turismo freek/Geek, I played also GTA IV and Midnight Club L.A, my opinion is handling in GTA IV was so boaty and no good at all, while MCLA was arcady for sure but pleasant to play and nervous, so I would enjoy a handling more a less like MCLA than GTA IV plus the addition of Off road handling ! 

StunGun504
  • StunGun504

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by StunGun504, 11 September 2013 - 03:10 PM.

another dumbass post

another dumbass response ^

I'd like to see if be more like MC.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

So you telling me every vehicle should drive like an Olds Delta 88 with three bodies in the trunk, even sports cars?

No man. I know they were trying for realism but they could have tighten it up a bit. Some cars were made to hug the road better.

Grajjie
  • Grajjie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by Grajjie, 11 September 2013 - 03:15 PM.

I drive real cars and hell I even do some racing and I can tell you that both GTA IV and MCLA's handling is realistic. Although I would say I think TBOGT's physics is closer to reality than MCLA. Do you really think you can drift through a 90 degree turn going 130 mph like in MCLA? I hope GTA V is just a more refined version of TBOGT physics.

I think I read somewhere that IGN said GTA V has MCLA handling based on their gameplay.

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by kmanmx, 11 September 2013 - 03:16 PM.

I am used to GTA4 with the Handling Mod, which does improve stuff a lot. Unfortunately people on here seem to forget that when you drive a car in real life, you are not taking corners at 50mph with full wheel lock. If you did, cars like the crown vic would roll just as much as they do in IV with the handling mod.

No GTA4's handling isn't realistic. But it's certainly better than the pure arcade handling in other open world games. If you think it is hard then i'm sorry, but you need to try harder. I've no problem weaving in and out of traffic (though the handling mod does make this better) and turning corners. The reason is because I don't turn a 90 degree bend at 50, 60 70mph and expect to make it round the corner.

edit:

Just to clarify. Stock GTA4 does make the sports cars too slow and unresponsive, and yes they do body roll too much. But even stock, I prefer it to arcade. GTA4 with handling mod is great, and that's what my above post reflects.

Chriss0906
  • Chriss0906

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

wooah. people saying GTAIV handling sucked must suck at racing or at any car game. i mastered that handling to the point of never crashing at full speed. just like the trailer of GTAV, of course it would be better of they improved tough cuz it did felt a little boatlike, but really peoople need to stop complaining. this game its gonna be perfect.

najstronics
  • najstronics

Flibbertigibbet

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

What do you mean? GTA IV handling in on GTA V.

Just drive a boat and you'll see

• OD913 likes this

MattInman
  • MattInman

KCCO

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

First, I will say I hope they have struck a balance of realism and arcade. I don't want driving to be too easy and arcady and ruining the game, but I know R* won't do that.

Second, "way more far realistic and better"

looooooooooool

• DrAnomalous likes this

Noetski
  • Noetski

Layin Low in a VR6

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The only thing that was confirmed from MCLA is the slow-mo driving ability, NOTHING ELSE...

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

People who had issues wit iv driving physics, are most likely the same people who crash into walls to help during tight turns in racing games; because obviously they lack the driving know how to actually BRAKE BEFORE A TURN.

now that I think of it. This might also be due to the lack of a speedometer, or underestimating the sense of speed

In any event. MY BODY IS READY
  • DrAnomalous and namor like this

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I liked IV's driving but in all honestly the physics are messed up just as much as arcade driving.
Midnight Club actually has great driving (I play Los Angeles to this day), much better than GTAIV, but it's not so arcade that you don't have to worry about crashing (like in Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs, or Burnout, now THAT is easy driving, Midnight Club isn't like that).

Noetski
  • Noetski

Layin Low in a VR6

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

still the bodyroll was awfull, they probably just made the handling basicly the same but a little bit more responding.

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

wooah. people saying GTAIV handling sucked must suck at racing or at any car game. i mastered that handling to the point of never crashing at full speed. just like the trailer of GTAV, of course it would be better of they improved tough cuz it did felt a little boatlike, but really peoople need to stop complaining. this game its gonna be perfect.

I was good at driving in IV and still think the physics sucked and were unrealistic. I have 2 very very fast cars in real life that I race at the track. So its not only about "people hate IV physics cus they suck at it". I'm good at driving in IV snd still hate them, very unrealistic. So it must be arcade automatically if cars handle better than IV? Well are Gran Turismo cars unrealistic? They have the best driving physics on console and handle NOTHING like IV.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

The driving in IV was way more realistic in IV than in MCLA. And what are you talking about, drifting? Drifting wasn't possible in any of em.. Just "sliding around with MAYBE a bit of counter steering".

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Only those who never drove a car in reallife would say that the handling was realistic.

Seriously, they sometimes sucked. Sure, there were moments where the handling was just fine but mostly it was as so often mentioned too boatlike.

• OD913 likes this

Yasin-618
  • Yasin-618

☆☆ High Rollers - Gambler ☆☆

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

I will be happy with GTA V...I dont want car that slides down every f*cking time when turning at corners...

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Wow so you've played the game and you know exactly how the driving will feel?  :sui:

Pregnantplatypus
  • Pregnantplatypus

Futo Fanatic

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

IV drifting was easy. Brake, snap ebrake and turn.  Now going around corners at even slow speeds was horendous without drifitng. The suspension in that game was awful to say the least. You couldnt switch lanes without feeling like you were going to flip.

• OD913 likes this

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

You lost me at "way more far" you dumb bitch.

IceHot100
  • IceHot100

Out of Order

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Realistic? Realistic, you say?

For the 69th time, games are not meant to be realistic. Go and play some Simulator if you want your ride to be "realistic"

The racesin IV was bad because the car handling was "realistic".

It's supposed to be fun not...again... "realistic".

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Easy = fun for noobz

Stinger GT
  • Stinger GT

Termation

• Members

Almost every GTA player knows the handling for the old GTA IV. Alot of people say they hate it, such, and for me personally! I want it back, mainly because it's more realistic, better at drifting. Like seriously who would want a car handling based on Midnight Club LA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NWlUy3So_dU

I hope they release a DLC pack for GTA IV car handling.

With all due respect, have you ever driven a car?

I agree, that compared to a truck the handling in IV is realistic. However compared to say a hatchback, the handling was god awful. Then again, I've never driven an American vehicle, maybe they are that bad.

Edit: By bad I mean top heavy/bouncy/slidy.

Hmm thats funy, because half the cars in GTA IV are imports and not American  :/

pudcrud
  • pudcrud

Crackhead

• Members

You haven't played, you don't know what's better.

Jenia
  • Jenia

Chuck Norris was here you know...

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by Jenia, 11 September 2013 - 04:27 PM.

Yeah, maybe as you say the IV's handling was realistic, but man, when I'm driving very fast, I can't f*cking turn!! Its like a tank going 200 km/h. :sui:

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by OD913, 11 September 2013 - 05:03 PM.

I guess IV's physics are realistic. Yesterday in real life I was driving not paying attention and had my window down and arm out the window and made a right hand turn and scraped my entire forearm on the asphalt from the suspension leaning so much. Then I ended up hitting the curb and my entire car did a back flip floating 20 feet in the air. I hit a few more small hills and my car was airborne every time even at low speed.

I was embarrassed so I tried to weave through traffic to get away and I hit every car because my car was just bouncing around I guess someone put peanut butter on my tires., it just plowed through the other cars like a boat.

At the stoplight I floored it but couldnt roast the tires and it sounded like my RPMs were stuck at the redline for like 10 seconds. I don't have turbo's but it felt like bad turbo lag all the time. Going full throttle all the way through a hard corner I floored it in my RWD car but the rear wouldn't come around, just a lot of understeer.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

You haven't even played the damn game yet and why would they release a "GTA IV car handling DLC". STFU.

dantheman9856
  • dantheman9856

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

i dug the handling in gta IV.  it was a bitch to get accustomed to considering SR SR2 and GTASA but once i got used to it it made sense to me.

clax302
  • clax302

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Handling in gta 4 blew massive cock just like you and your thread.

• Mr. Rocko, PlasmicSnake and OD913 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users