Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV handling is way more far realistic and better.

GTA IV GTA V Vehicle Handling GTA GTA Forums
480 replies to this topic
RainzFTW
  • RainzFTW

This content is censored by VEVO

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

So, I drove around 6000km in the past month, and I can clearly tell you: GTA IV's handling was NOT realistic at all. Stop acting like a 13 year old girl, go out and drive a real car. Threads like this are in the Top 5 rank of the most annoying topics on here.

I never f*cking said that it was realistic, if you took your time to read the topic, you could f*cking understand it fully. I said it's more realistic than GTA V. Like how the f*ck can i freaking do a 180, and my f*cking car still stable? Is that realistic to you? Geez.

How do you know it's more realistic than V, dipsh*t? You haven't even played it.

Hitting the brakes and sliding two blocks in IV was far from realistic.

Because it was detailed to be based on MCLA Vehicle Handling Physics. Get the f*ck outta here!! You are making an embarrassment for yourself, with your gay ass profile picture.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

GTA IV handling sucked balls. Drifting will be easier in V

"Too easy" is the word you're looking for. This trend with people already having perfected the driving before they even have the game has to stop, arcade driving sucks.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:32 PM Edited by Sinz86irocblk, 11 September 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Not one game in the modern urban openworld genre has done it better. It's not Forza realistic but the fact that turning actually requires braking before approaching the turns and doesn't simply let you handbrake your way through them at 100+mph means it takes a little more skill. You'd think that using the brakes would be simple enough but evidently not for everybody.

I love racing, best feeling is hitting the brakes when a turn comes up and watching everyone else fly by and straight into a tree, parked car, or wall.

• Graven and namor like this

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Yeah GTA IV's handling was far from realistic...I mean I drive an average car and it doesn't slide/bounce all over the place like that haha

KrewLife
  • KrewLife

They call me nasty!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

GTA IV driving was far from realistic. It's obvious you don't have your license yet, kid.

Second, you haven't played GTA V yet so shut your stupid mouth.

First of all. GTA V Vehicle Handling was detailed and confirmed, to be based on MCLA.

So gently, please f*ck outta here!

The GTA IV driving is more realistic than MCLA. I do have a car, my father owns a garage full of cars. So step the f*ck outta here.

Right... And my dad runs a Porsche dealership. -___-

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

GTA IV is FAR from being realistic.  Hell, I drove a few Crown Victorias (and people call those boats on wheels) when I was test driving cars and they flew around the corners much better than any GTA IV car ever did.

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by OD913, 11 September 2013 - 02:51 PM.

So if its not like IV physics then it means its automatically arcade? ?? IV physics weren't good or realistic. They weren't hard to master either so if you people stating IV's physics were great but then assume people who don't like them must just suck at driving you are stupid. STOP THESE DUMB TOPICS and try driving a real car for once! !!!

RainzFTW
  • RainzFTW

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Using the Acrade Driving, is f*cking sh*t, it's like you are driving on rails.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yeah GTA IV's handling was far from realistic...I mean I drive an average car and it doesn't slide/bounce all over the place like that haha

As far as I understand, this isn't about the IV's handling being realistic, but V's handling being too arcade'y. I prefer the boat handling over MC:LA's sh*tty arcade version.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

GTA IV handling was alright, but not realistic.

The sportscars were too stiff and had a little too much bodyroll.

RainzFTW
  • RainzFTW

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well. Because you did not drive over speed and started drifting. In real life, if you drove overspeed and drifted, it would be 70% chance of you getting crashed on sliding with no control.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by boxmonster, 11 September 2013 - 02:41 PM.

No one knows what "boat" handling is until they've played APB

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J-D0i4wkujE

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by OD913, 11 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

As far as I understand, this isn't about the IV's handling being realistic, but V's handling being too arcade'y. I prefer the boat handling over MC:LA's sh*tty arcade version.
Just because the guys from Midnight Club helped with the physics doesn't mean its going to be exactly like MNC! That's like saying the guys that worked on Gran Turismo 1 will make the physics exactly like Gran Turismo 5.

They aren't cut and pasting the physics from Midnight Club directly into the GTA V.

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

It was like driving boats on land.

I was like flying cars on water

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

You'll get used to it.

MrA
  • MrA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Impossible to compare until the game is out. But, each to their own, if you prefer GTA IVs handling I would suggest you continue to enjoy it.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Disfavored Veracity

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by Sinz86irocblk, 11 September 2013 - 02:47 PM.

I drive a real car at posted speeds and I don't slide around!! You guys need to drive a reelz car.

What kind of stupid comparison is that? Try getting your sh*t box up past 100mph and turning on a dime.

The whole cars need to be more "responsive" statement is great too. Except when they say responsive they mean easier. An expensive super car is responsive, however that doesn't mean it's noob proof. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IdLHAqL8KJw

Yeah I want the car to stick like it's on rails. I want the game to drive for me as well.

• boxmonster likes this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Just because the guys from Midnight Club helped with the physics doesn't mean its going to be exactly like MNC! That's like saying the guys that worked on Gran Turismo 1 will make the physics exactly like Gran Turismo 5.

Very true, except it seems like an awful lot was taken from MC:LA. But you can never be too sure.

It'll be leaked soon enough and we'll get the game next week so it's anyone's guess right now.

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

No one knows what "boat" handling is until they've played APB

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J-D0i4wkujE

Oh hell yeah APB's driving is fun, but far worse than GTA IV's lol. sh*t that makes me want to hop on APB right now.

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

IN GTA IV almost every turn you made was at a sharp 90 degree angle due to the game being 100% in a city, so I kind of enjoyed the drifting aspects in the right cars---but most felt really clunky and you'd lose a lot of speed.  I think more responsive handling will be a great fit for V, where there appear to be a ton of more interesting roads to drive.  

Personally, I liked the driving in IV a lot once I got good at it.  I'm sure I'll feel the same way in V. 

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

So, I drove around 6000km in the past month, and I can clearly tell you: GTA IV's handling was NOT realistic at all. Stop acting like a 13 year old girl, go out and drive a real car. Threads like this are in the Top 5 rank of the most annoying topics on here.

I never f*cking said that it was realistic, if you took your time to read the topic, you could f*cking understand it fully. I said it's more realistic than GTA V. Like how the f*ck can i freaking do a 180, and my f*cking car still stable? Is that realistic to you? Geez.
How do you know it's more realistic than V, dipsh*t? You haven't even played it.

Because it was detailed to be based on MCLA Vehicle Handling Physics. Get the f*ck outta here!! You are making an embarrassment for yourself, with your gay ass profile picture.

It hasn't been detailed to be like anything you goofy British f*ck. All anyone has said is that it's better than IV. Just wait and play the game before acting like a little bitch.

RainzFTW
  • RainzFTW

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

It hasn't been detailed to be like anything you goofy British f*ck. All anyone has said is that it's better than IV. Just wait and play the game before acting like a little bitch.

First of all i am not British. I rose up from slums of Brooklyn, bitch. Take your time to find the details, then reply back.

RainzFTW
  • RainzFTW

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by RainzFTW, 11 September 2013 - 02:51 PM.

To prove all your maniacs wrong, vehicle does slide like that :

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dGt0RnZcO88

This was done by the best drifters ever, not that Tokyo ass movie sh*t. That's real life.

• boxmonster likes this

HeavilyArmedX
  • HeavilyArmedX

Killswitch Engaged

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Almost every GTA player knows the handling for the old GTA IV. Alot of people say they hate it, such, and for me personally! I want it back, mainly because it's more realistic, better at drifting. Like seriously who would want a car handling based on Midnight Club LA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NWlUy3So_dU

I hope they release a DLC pack for GTA IV car handling.

With all due respect, have you ever driven a car?

I agree, that compared to a truck the handling in IV is realistic. However compared to say a hatchback, the handling was god awful. Then again, I've never driven an American vehicle, maybe they are that bad.

Edit: By bad I mean top heavy/bouncy/slidy.

Finally someone with a brain. Couldn't agree more, hell i drive a jeep and that has better handling then everything in GTA 4. Its like you just can't turn without using the e-brake or slowing down to 10 km/h. Since when did a Comet a car that basically touches the ground handle like a rocket?

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Almost every GTA player knows the handling for the old GTA IV. Alot of people say they hate it, such, and for me personally! I want it back, mainly because it's more realistic, better at drifting. Like seriously who would want a car handling based on Midnight Club LA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NWlUy3So_dU

I hope they release a DLC pack for GTA IV car handling.

Another idiot panicking about an aspect of the game they have no clue whatsoever. Wait and find out! Or better yet go cancel your pre-order :D

HeavilyArmedX
  • HeavilyArmedX

Killswitch Engaged

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I guarantee the driving in 5 won't come close to the driving in Midnight Club. They said the cars in 5 are more grounded and feel similar to the handling in a racing game. The comparison to Midnight Club is partly due to the vehicle customization and the special ability Franklin has.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I love GTA 4's driving if R* are improving it, I don't mind at all

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

First of all i am not British. I rose up from slums of Brooklyn, bitch. Take your time to find the details, then reply back.

I guess that would explain your lack of education and poor comprehensive skills.

Creasy47
  • Creasy47

Bond, James Bond.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

There's too many different opinions on it and we can't really base if we'll like the driving or not off of a few quick snippets of gameplay. We'll see in just a few days. 

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Bazzad, 11 September 2013 - 03:48 PM.

I would take MCLA's handling over GTA4's anyday.

If I want realism in my driving I'll drive a real car on real roads in real life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users