I think I have ADHD

24 replies to this topic
Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ever since I was young everyone has just assumed I have ADHD, I don't know the full symptoms or what ever, but I never thought about it until early this year.

The only reason they say this is because i'm ALWAYS hyperactive, I always run around at school, run to lesson, always fidget whil sitting down (I can't for the life of me sit still)

I usually can't follow the easiest instructions, and I just can't concentrate at all, at school.

I've asked my dad, and he flat out denies it.

I don't know what I should do, i'm 17 and I don't think I can get testes without a parent. (I only live with my dad)

So does this sounds anything like ADHD?

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:35 PM Edited by The_Sorrow, 11 September 2013 - 01:36 PM.

http://en.wikipedia....tivity_disorder

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Some people are more hyperactive and concentrate less easily than others. All people are different. This is nothing to be worried about.

I advise you to only go test yourself if your hyperactivity and concentration problems stop you from succeeding in what you want to do in life. If you are just hyperactive and don't have any significant negative consequences from it in daily life then you should just move on and accept who you are.

I am currently being tested on lots of things. I went in for add because I have been significantly different than any other person from even when I was very small. For as long as I can remember I have been mostly doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it, and it has made me spend a lot more time in high school than I should have. Currently I'm in a really great university studying what I love, but my mind just takes over and I have problems getting things done. I'm among the best when it comes to the subjects I study, but my grades are very irregular and sometimes I end up skipping a subject because I just can't seem to get started.

They suspect that I'm gifted IQ wise and they are unsure about the ADD. But I'm being tested on pretty much any disorder and personality trait imaginable so I'll see what comes out.

• S l a d e likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

If you think you got it, at least see a doctor for a legit diagnosis, since self-diagnosises don't always seem to be 100% legit

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

what-do-we-want-adhd.jpg

• Finite and Tacymist like this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I don't know what I should do, i'm 17 and I don't think I can get testes without a parent. (I only live with my dad)

Your dad should have no problem that, but you really should have gotten them at a much younger age.

Next time you get a physical or whatever ask your doctor about getting tested. It's the only way you can be absolutely sure.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

i'm 17 and I don't think I can get testes without a parent. 

ykl6.jpg
  • Moonshield likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

what-do-we-want-adhd.jpg

Made my day atleast.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Wasn't ADHD proven to be fictitious? Like, the person who came up with it said it doesn't exist?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wasn't ADHD proven to be fictitious? Like, the person who came up with it said it doesn't exist?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was fictitious. I think Autism and Aspergers is up on that same level of speculation aswell.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was fictitious. I think Autism and Aspergers is up on that same level of speculation aswell.

Nah man, I once dated a girl who took Ritalin for her ADD, was borderline bi-polar and had an Autistic brother. Don't ask me what I was thinking, she was hot ok, but from what I saw of that barrel of crazy these things are real. They certainly didn't act like anyone I know who hasn't got a behavioural issue.   

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

Nah man, I once dated a girl who took Ritalin for her ADD, was borderline bi-polar and had an Autistic brother. Don't ask me what I was thinking, she was hot ok, but from what I saw of that barrel of crazy these things are real. They certainly didn't act like anyone I know who hasn't got a behavioural issue.   

f*ck that sh*t. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was in middle school I was put on Ritalin as well and it f*cked my life up. I wasn't a kid anymore. I was this boring lifeless blob who just sat in class and couldn't think about anything but what the teacher was talking about. Not only that it ruined my appetite so I would be hungry during lunch bt I just couldn't eat, I lost about 40 pounds during that period. On top of that I had to be given sleeping meds because the Ritalin made me too focused to fall asleep. Yeah so even as a kid I understood that it was bullsh*t. My mom would give me the meds and I would pretend like I was taking them until I just told her flat out I wasn't doing it anymore.

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hahaha, this made my night.

Pharmeceutical companies are having a lot of fun 'curing' this made up plague. Which kid ever liked sitting down for eight hours and studying?
Admittedly methylphenidate has a lot more uses than just treating 'tired parent disorder', but that and adderal are just these dangerous cocktails of stimulants that doctors are feeding kids so that Shire can organize a 'seminary' for them in the Bahamas.

No, you don't have ADHD, if you're having trouble with you studies, look into racetams and an increase in you choline intake, for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

As a person whose dealt with ADD most of his life, I can attest that Adderall was a godsend. Best to get checked out by a legit doctor though.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Everyone has something wrong with them to some degree, personally I would get tested, but I wouldn't take medication if you feel fine. So long as you're happy, it's not really needed, that stuff really just takes you down and I personally don't believe it should be taken unless you have uncontrollable anger issues with your ADHD and go loco quite often. Some kid I'm primary did that, the ADHD was okay, he was just energetic, but he had an attitude and would just go mental at people.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. :^:

guyzwitgunz
  • guyzwitgunz

Anti-nerd

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by guyzwitgunz, 12 September 2013 - 07:39 AM.

i'm 17 and I don't think I can get testes without a parent. 

ykl6.jpg

That quote's going on FB... :lol:

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Why does every teenager think they have ADHD or Asperger's?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

By the way legend, you can get tests without a parent, after 16.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Whoa hey which mod deleted my post in here..? :O

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

We do have the same thing common @legend, I'm hyperactive as well, though not to the very least and I'm not actually sure if I have ADHD, although that doesn't really worry me since I have some regular diagnosis. Just consult a doctor if you feel something strange of your hyperactiveness.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

every kid/teen is hyperactive.. you're full of energy. It's not ADHD.

Wait till you're nearing 30.. you'll be a lazy bastard just like the rest of us.

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm 31 now and look at my kids with all their energy and I just don't get it.  Where do they get it from?  I'm sure I never had that much energy.  They tire me out just looking at them.  And listening to them.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm 31 now and look at my kids with all their energy and I just don't get it.  Where do they get it from?  I'm sure I never had that much energy.  They tire me out just looking at them.  And listening to them.

I'm just 14, and I don't have any energy at all, neither did I have it when I was younger. I'm not looking forward to see how little energy I will have when I'm grown up.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

Ever since I was young everyone has just assumed I have ADHD, I don't know the full symptoms or what ever, but I never thought about it until early this year.

The only reason they say this is because i'm ALWAYS hyperactive, I always run around at school, run to lesson, always fidget whil sitting down (I can't for the life of me sit still)

I usually can't follow the easiest instructions, and I just can't concentrate at all, at school.

I've asked my dad, and he flat out denies it.

So does this sounds anything like ADHD?

You are on a video game forum in the year 2013

Trust me, you not the only one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users