Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

I emailed Amazon and they said they're dispatching my copy on the 20th. :die:

you lie!

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

this is my first time pre ordering a game from amazon.... so i can only hope for the best...

Restrictive
  • Restrictive

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:52 PM Edited by Restrictive, 11 September 2013 - 04:53 PM.

It's already been confirmed that online retailers wont be shipping games before the 16th, so you definitely wont be playing before release day. If you paid for first class delivery then you'll receive it on the 17th, if not then you'll probably receive it after that date.

Its been CONFIRMED multiple times Amazon Uk will ship on the 14th. GO ask Amazon Livechat and ask them to check your individual order number and they tell you what it says for you order.

I'd like to think that it will be dispatched on Saturday, but then I found this reply from Amazon to a persons question about shipping...

"Thank you for your inquiry! Most orders ship the next business day after you place your order. For standard ground, transit usually takes 4-6 business days after leaving our warehouse. For expedited shipping, trasit takes 2-3 business days after leaving the warehouse. Please note that delivery carriers do not pick up or deliver on weekends so delivery and transit days are only Monday - Friday. Please feel free to call our customer service team if you have any additional questions, they will gladly assist you in making the proper arrangement so your gift will arrive at it's destination in time."

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.co...asin=B0001P1JUO

amazon.COM

Amazon wil ship 14th in UK.

Royal mail will not hold back postage in the UK once it comes in.

Tevin18
  • Tevin18

TEZZY AKA TEVIN

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

It's already been confirmed that online retailers wont be shipping games before the 16th, so you definitely wont be playing before release day. If you paid for first class delivery then you'll receive it on the 17th, if not then you'll probably receive it after that date.

Its been CONFIRMED multiple times Amazon Uk will ship on the 14th. GO ask Amazon Livechat and ask them to check your individual order number and they tell you what it says for you order.

I'd like to think that it will be dispatched on Saturday, but then I found this reply from Amazon to a persons question about shipping...

"Thank you for your inquiry! Most orders ship the next business day after you place your order. For standard ground, transit usually takes 4-6 business days after leaving our warehouse. For expedited shipping, trasit takes 2-3 business days after leaving the warehouse. Please note that delivery carriers do not pick up or deliver on weekends so delivery and transit days are only Monday - Friday. Please feel free to call our customer service team if you have any additional questions, they will gladly assist you in making the proper arrangement so your gift will arrive at it's destination in time."

Here is the link:

amazon.COM
. When will the U.S. amazon get copies of grand theft auto5 in their warehouses and when will they start to sending out shipping/tracking emails?

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

I like some of the pettiness of people who are mad at the ideal someone would receive the game one day earlier. "I am unhappy therefore some else should not be happy". If someone receives the game earlier, good for them and I hope they enjoy it. It's not going change anything for me playing.

• IchliebeDeutscheland likes this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

if it'd settle the argument, I'll post a screenshot of my email from them.

Restrictive
  • Restrictive

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Amazon UK will ship 14th confirmed.

Taz_78
  • Taz_78

People are bitchin bout cops in a cops and robbers game? ROTFL

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Here is the link:

amazon.COM
. When will the U.S. amazon get copies of grand theft auto5 in their warehouses and when will they start to sending out shipping/tracking emails?

Prob got them already and Monday. If you checked I think its 2nd day, you will get it on Tuesday, whenever UPS gets to your house.

leeoggy
  • leeoggy

Things are gonna get really messy!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Los Santos Kid
8 hours ago
stangone50, on 11 Sept 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:
Yes Microsoft will ban your account and put a lock on your pc/console .
So should I disconnect my console from the Internet and play it?"

No, nobody can do anything if you've been sold it legitimately and you play it early, it's the retailer who is in the sh*t

MattJGUK
  • MattJGUK

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by MattJGUK, 11 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

Contacted them a few days ago (Amazon UK).....

Sounds like it is the 14th for First Class delivery and 16th for next day.

WZzNAj7.png

bert682
  • bert682

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Ordered via Amazon UK and got my dispatch email just a few moments ago.  Suspect it wont arrive until Tuesday though so no early playing anyway!

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by Blizzards, 13 September 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Ordered via Amazon UK and got my dispatch email just a few moments ago.  Suspect it wont arrive until Tuesday though so no early playing anyway!

What courier have they used for you and was it prime delivery (one day)?

y2cwr2005
  • y2cwr2005

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Same as above here. Game has been dispatched @ Amazon UK via first class Royal Mail. Could be here tomorrow could here Monday / Tuesday. Who knows! Most likely Tuesday.

riderghost
  • riderghost

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Contacted them a few days ago (Amazon UK).....

Sounds like it is the 14th for First Class delivery and 16th for next day.

WZzNAj7.png

i wouldnt take that as gossip, you'll prob find thats just to ensure all orders are taken and ready for diospatch on monday

TechGuy28
  • TechGuy28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

my money be there for Amazon just after midnight tonight so i hope i get the game for Tuesday  :lol:

Los Santos Kid
  • Los Santos Kid

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

My own order through amazon is being "Dispatched now". Depending on where the game is coming from e.g. England the earliest it could arrive is Monday. But if the warehouse is here in Ireland/Northern Ireland it could be here by tomorrow.

Reaper Madness
  • Reaper Madness

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

My delivery estimate says the 17th, that's it. They usually broaden their estimate, for example, 17th-25th. If they say the 17th then that means they are 100% sure it will arrive on the 17th. This is to avoid angry phone calls.

TheJinrod
  • TheJinrod

Jinnington

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Not sure if this is any help to anyone. 

I know it's long

ab9f1qb.png

Junior.86
  • Junior.86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

My own order through amazon is being "Dispatched now". Depending on where the game is coming from e.g. England the earliest it could arrive is Monday. But if the warehouse is here in Ireland/Northern Ireland it could be here by tomorrow.

Is there an amazon warehouse even in Ireland/n.ireland? I'm up north in Derry.

Los Santos Kid
  • Los Santos Kid

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Is there an amazon warehouse even in Ireland/n.ireland? I'm up north in Derry.

I checked to see and I don't think there are any fulfillment centres in Ireland. Our copies will most likely be coming from either Scotland or England, possibly Wales.

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:57 PM Edited by Blizzards, 13 September 2013 - 05:58 PM.

No there is not a warehouse/fulfillment centre in Ireland, here's a list of them in the UK:

Rugeley, England
Hemel Hempstead, England
Marston Gate, Milton Keynes, England
Doncaster, England
Peterborough, England
Dunfermline, Scotland
Gourock, Inverclyde, Scotland
Swansea, Wales

Blackert05
  • Blackert05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

i got it today

Blackert05
  • Blackert05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

XxRuP3RT97xX
  • XxRuP3RT97xX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Amazon have just sent me a message saying they have dispatched GTA V so it may turn up monday.

jums300
  • jums300

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I work at amazon Milton Keynes WE ARE DISPATCHING ON SATURDAY THE 14TH now stop these sh*tty repetitive threads? and you there is a high chance of recieving the game a day early if you live 30miles from Milton Keynes or Hemel Hempstead as we do a fast-track method and they are shipped within 30 mins of your payment going through, and i couldnt give a f*ck if you dont believe me i know how it works

Is only your location shipping today because mine hasn't shipped yet and looking at the clock right now...it's the 15th...

F I S IHI E R
  • F I S IHI E R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:02 AM Edited by F I S IHI E R, 15 September 2013 - 10:03 AM.

I work at amazon Milton Keynes WE ARE DISPATCHING ON SATURDAY THE 14TH now stop these sh*tty repetitive threads? and you there is a high chance of recieving the game a day early if you live 30miles from Milton Keynes or Hemel Hempstead as we do a fast-track method and they are shipped within 30 mins of your payment going through, and i couldnt give a f*ck if you dont believe me i know how it works

Is only your location shipping today because mine hasn't shipped yet and looking at the clock right now...it's the 15th...

Mate im a Rebinner and ive scanned literally 1000s of V copys as of the 14th we started our dispatch process i dunno why your location hasnt

do you live near a fullfilment centre?

MathsDebate
  • MathsDebate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

I first used the first class delivery, but would've been dispatched on the 16th with it arriving on the 18th. I wasn't happy so i contacted Amazon through the livechat, and they upgraded my delivery to one-day with no charge. SO it'll be dispatched on the 16th and arrive on the 17th! Happy days!

Los Santos Kid
  • Los Santos Kid

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I received my copy of GTA yesterday. :lol:  

• BenL19 likes this

Rich190991
  • Rich190991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Amazon dispatched mine yesterday (14th) so people saying they won't dispatch until day before release (16th) are wrong.

Costar
  • Costar

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

you cannot always rely on amazon and postal services. ive had 2 games from amazon that should of been here on release day and wasnt. i even had to wait an extra 3 days after release date for grid 2. its also royal mail snail mail that can mess you up. im hoping i get it on release day but im not banking on it. not here in uk from amazon anyway

I've never had any issues w/ deliveries from Amazon. Usually I just have to wait awhile on the day I'm expecting it because of the UPS routes, they usually show up later in the evening, tho I'm not far at all from the hub.

But it is also why the "V"  Amazon U.S. pre-orders also display this

"Delivery Estimate Tuesday, September 17, 2013 by 8:00pm" 

It is not guaranteed, only estimated, if it were a guarantee and it didnt arrive on time then you could get a refund/credit or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users