Photo

GTA V through Amazon

61 replies to this topic
Los Santos Kid
  • Los Santos Kid

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

So I ordered GTA V off Amazon. I've used Amazon to buy Halo, Call of Duty and other games and they've all arrived one day earlier than release. So I'm just wondering with Rockstar being strict on people playing the game before the 17th will Microsoft be able to ban my account for playing it early?

SnapChap
  • SnapChap

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

It's already been confirmed that online retailers wont be shipping games before the 16th, so you definitely wont be playing before release day. If you paid for first class delivery then you'll receive it on the 17th, if not then you'll probably receive it after that date.

HvR
  • HvR

I AM Jesus

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Amazon will not ship a day early for GTA V,

Period.

They've been told by Rockstar to not dispatch TIL monday, so you'll get it on Tuesday, Legitimately.

There is no way on gods earth amazon will give you this game a day early, unfortunately, otherwise i'd of pre-ordered from them.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

dispatched on the Saturday and you'll get the game by Tuesday.

JimmyFan
  • JimmyFan

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by JimmyFan, 11 September 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Amazon have never dispatched earlier than a day before for me anyway. 

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

It's already been confirmed that online retailers wont be shipping games before the 16th, so you definitely wont be playing before release day. If you paid for first class delivery then you'll receive it on the 17th, if not then you'll probably receive it after that date.

Only GAME UK said it wouldn't be shipping before the 16th, I dont know why suddendly everyone says other retailers cannot ship before.

Los Santos Kid
  • Los Santos Kid

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

I've ordered 4 games through Amazon and all have came 1 day early. It has also happened to friends of mine.

• Joeylondon likes this

najstronics
  • najstronics

Flibbertigibbet

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Amazon wasn't told anything. Stop making up stuff.

Rockstar: "In amazon we trust"

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:55 AM Edited by Blizzards, 11 September 2013 - 11:57 AM.

I contacted Amazon UK and they are dispatching on Saturday 14th September.

Rockstar have only requested that they don't dispatch before 16th, in no way did they demand this. The only retailer who are respecting there request is GAME.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yes Microsoft will ban your account and put a lock on your pc/console .

HITSFROMTHEB++G
  • HITSFROMTHEB++G

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Yep as said amazon dispatching on 14th for first class, 16th for prime/ next day

So possible for monday!

ZombieBatman
  • ZombieBatman

I'm afraid I've got some baad newsss!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

I've got loads of games from Amazon & only had one arrive a day early and that was Fifa....

Los Santos Kid
  • Los Santos Kid

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yes Microsoft will ban your account and put a lock on your pc/console .

So should I disconnect my console from the Internet and play it?

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Rockstar have only requested that they don't dispatch before 16th, in no way did they demand this. The only retailer who are respecting there request is GAME.

What postal service they using? 

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:03 PM Edited by Blizzards, 11 September 2013 - 12:06 PM.

For orders using the 'first class' method, they are using Royal Mail 1st Class. This is why they are shipping these orders on 14th because it is not a guaranteed next day service.

For orders using the 'one day' or 'expedited', they are using a next day guaranteed service via a number of couriers. However, as they are promised next day services, those orders will not be shipped until 16th.

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

I've pre-ordered the standard version and checked twice about this. Each time they've repeatedly told me they're shipping on the 14th so it's possible the game could arrive Monday.

If not, meh... I'll get it Tuesday. :barf:

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

For orders using the 'first class' method, they are using Royal Mail 1st Class.

For orders using the 'one day' or 'expedited', they are using a next day guaranteed service via a number of couriers. However, as they are promised next day services, those orders will not be shipped until 16th.

I think I will make this order based on your recommendation, thank you my friend, lets hope we get the game early :)

• Blizzards likes this

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

For orders using the 'one day' or 'expedited', they are using a next day guaranteed service via a number of couriers. However, as they are complete next day services, those orders will not be shipped until 16th.

I actually asked them about the possibility of a tracking number for 1st class delivery. They said they haven't decided on a courier yet so it might not be Royal Mail. They said they'll decide nearer the time so who knows, it could be another company and we might even get a tracking number. :)

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by Blizzards, 11 September 2013 - 12:09 PM.

For orders using the 'one day' or 'expedited', they are using a next day guaranteed service via a number of couriers. However, as they are complete next day services, those orders will not be shipped until 16th.

I actually asked them about the possibility of a tracking number for 1st class delivery. They said they haven't decided on a courier yet so it might not be Royal Mail. They said they'll decide nearer the time so who knows, it could be another company and we might even get a tracking number. :)
Theres a high chance that they use Royal Mail Tracked 24. (Which is the standard 1st class with full tracking).

http://www.royalmail...acked-24-and-48

Gtaerix
  • Gtaerix

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:16 PM Edited by Gtaerix, 11 September 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Well mine says 1st class (up to 2 business days) with an option to change to a free supersaver.
I guess to allow for the 2 business days they will dispatch it quiet early so there is a chance, especially for those of us in London to get it on Monday.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Just wait, its a week only

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

you cannot always rely on amazon and postal services. ive had 2 games from amazon that should of been here on release day and wasnt. i even had to wait an extra 3 days after release date for grid 2. its also royal mail snail mail that can mess you up. im hoping i get it on release day but im not banking on it. not here in uk from amazon anyway

F I S IHI E R
  • F I S IHI E R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

I work at amazon Milton Keynes WE ARE DISPATCHING ON SATURDAY THE 14TH now stop these sh*tty repetitive threads? and you there is a high chance of recieving the game a day early if you live 30miles from Milton Keynes or Hemel Hempstead as we do a fast-track method and they are shipped within 30 mins of your payment going through, and i couldnt give a f*ck if you dont believe me i know how it works

Gtaerix
  • Gtaerix

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

^ sweet, thanks.

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

or what will happen to me and you will get it late. Now i pre-order in a shop to guarentee release day.

Not worth all the hassle for a bloody blimp!!!

Aeleys
  • Aeleys

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

LOL at all the people who think Amazon wont ship before 16th.

Please go learn the facts before you post what you claim as the truth.

Not once have Amazon said they are sticking to the before mentioned request by R*.

They are shipping 90+% of the orders on the 14th all the way through to the 16th.

Some will get it a day early (at most)

You're just jealous/worried because you are pety kids who shouldn't even be playing the game, but that just shows how good your parents are.

:miranda:  noobs gonna be noobs, trolls gonna be trolls...and haters gonna hate. deal with it bitches

MistaD
  • MistaD

Five-(uh)Oh

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'd like to think that it will be dispatched on Saturday, but then I found this reply from Amazon to a persons question about shipping...

"Thank you for your inquiry! Most orders ship the next business day after you place your order. For standard ground, transit usually takes 4-6 business days after leaving our warehouse. For expedited shipping, trasit takes 2-3 business days after leaving the warehouse. Please note that delivery carriers do not pick up or deliver on weekends so delivery and transit days are only Monday - Friday. Please feel free to call our customer service team if you have any additional questions, they will gladly assist you in making the proper arrangement so your gift will arrive at it's destination in time."

Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.co...asin=B0001P1JUO

Gtaerix
  • Gtaerix

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

^ That only applies to US - in UK its different.

Blizzards
  • Blizzards

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'd like to think that it will be dispatched on Saturday, but then I found this reply from Amazon to a persons question about shipping...

"Thank you for your inquiry! Most orders ship the next business day after you place your order. For standard ground, transit usually takes 4-6 business days after leaving our warehouse. For expedited shipping, trasit takes 2-3 business days after leaving the warehouse. [/size]Please note that delivery carriers do not pick up or deliver on weekends so delivery and transit days are only Monday - Friday.[/size] Please feel free to call our customer service team if you have any additional questions, they will gladly assist you in making the proper arrangement so your gift will arrive at it's destination in time."[/size]

Here is the link:[/size]

http://www.amazon.co...asin=B0001P1JUO

This is how Amazon US operates, however in the UK it is different.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I emailed Amazon and they said they're dispatching my copy on the 20th. :die:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users