Photo

Is Los Santos bigger than LA Noire map?

26 replies to this topic
Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

I didn't play LA Noire, but I found the map and the city looks f*cking huge if you ask me.

Just look at this and zoom in (big picture)

gold-film-reels-locations-map.jpg

frenzypsycho
  • frenzypsycho

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

nope, gta5 will only be half this size

• theGTAking101 likes this

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Los Santos in GTA V will be 1/4 of that size max

• theGTAking101 likes this

Grantykinss
  • Grantykinss

Sup?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

Los Santos in GTA V will be 1/4 of that size max

Were is any of this confirmed? The surface area of GTA V is probably bigger than L.A Noire, L.A Noire is just linear so it looks bigger. I doubt that it is.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

LA Noire had exact copy of old Los Angeles without life.

GTA 5 only uses most interesting parts of the city.

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

LA Noire map = 8 square miles

GTA V LS City Area = 6 square miles (estimated)

I hated driving around LA Noire's map. It was just too big. I always ended up letting my partner drive.

LS size sounds perfect.

Kuunkulta
  • Kuunkulta

Rocka Rolla

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

The LA Noire map is just massive. Honestly I don't think GTA should have a city that big. While I think Los Santos is way too small city, LA Noire also is way too big. Like MintBerryCrunch said, driving around it gets annoying pretty fast.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

los santos is a freaken huge city imo's.

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

No way, GTA 5 map will be bigger, but LA Noires LA was huge.

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

V's map will be way smaller. Besides LA Noire's map was pretty boring and it didn't really have much in it outside of missions, still a good game though. 

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

V's map will be way smaller. Besides LA Noire's map was pretty boring and it didn't really have much in it outside of missions, still a good game though. 

its all about quality over quantity.

Hazelnot
  • Hazelnot

Hustler

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:58 AM Edited by Num3rical, 11 September 2013 - 11:59 AM.

GTA V's map is a huge chunk of Southern San Andreas.

LA Noire is 1/3 of LA.

That would make the game about the size of 3D Era San Andreas.

3D San Andreas is about half of HD Era Southern San Andreas.

Q.E.D.

Though Los Santos will be smaller than LA Noire.

RhainbowGames
  • RhainbowGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

L.A. Noire's map was "boring", as everyone seems to be saying, because it was based Los Angeles as historically correct as possible. They weren't trying to make it have heaps of easter eggs or anything like that (and, for the record, Team Bondi was the main developer that made L.A. Noire). With Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar have really had the chance to throw in as many things as they like, because it's their city. Of course, they tried to model it on Southern California, but they only tried to "model" it, not "historically recreate" it. It doesn't really matter how big it is, because there's going to be so many things to do in it.

I mean, I love L.A. Noire - it's one of my favourite games of all time - but I agree that once the main story is finished, there's not much to do with the map, except find the gold film reels, vehicles and locations. GTA V is definitely taking a different direction.

Tl;dr - L.A. Noire was made about a proper city. Los Santos is made up.

• Reazzor likes this

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

I don't mind a city that big in a future GTA game as long as Rockstar preserves the diversity. The only problem with LA Noire was that there was little to do. Sure there was a lot of detail and peds but then again we cant run them over, the Euphoria engine was absent and no cheats and no police chases...

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

You mean Los Santos will be smaller than LA Noire. As far as I know the map of LA Noire is 8 square miles big while LS in V is less than 6 or so.

The map of LA Noire is a 1:1 recreation the the original downtown of LA in the 40's. And yeah it was kinda boring because of the lack of activities.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

its all about quality over quantity.

Precisely. It's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean.

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

You mean Los Santos will be smaller than LA Noire. As far as I know the map of LA Noire is 8 square miles big while LS in V is less than 6 or so.

The map of LA Noire is a 1:1 recreation the the original downtown of LA in the 40's. And yeah it was kinda boring because of the lack of activities.

Indeed, it was mega detailed though.

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

I didn't play LA Noire, but I found the map and the city looks f*cking huge if you ask me.

Just look at this and zoom in (big picture)

gold-film-reels-locations-map.jpg

ea2a4fdb.gifea2a4fdb.gifea2a4fdb.gif

Jambigrunge
  • Jambigrunge

Something like that

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I can guarantee you that GTA V's map will be much larger than L.A. Noire's map, they already confirmed the GTA V's map at about 49 Square Miles.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that because in GTA V only takes place in Los Santos, that Rockstar went back and made an HD rendition of only that particular area of the map in San Andreas, This is not the case at all. Think about it, GTA IV and GTA III both take place in Liberty City but both of them have completely different maps. This is the same thing, Rockstar has gone back and completely restructured Los Santos and it's surrounding countryside. Somebody on Reddit actually took the time to scale down the leaked GTA V map and compare it to the map of San Andreas, the difference between the two is awe-inspiring.

Link to Reddit Discussion: http://www.reddit.co...on_the_other_i/

Link to Scaled Map: http://i3.minus.com/ibxSxKT9m7OCdE.png

You can double check their work if you're skeptical of the results as they also posted all of the formulas that they used. 

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

The reason I got bored of driving in LA Noire was because there was nothing going on. I mean sure it was a beautifully detailed world but that was pretty much it. The excitement was over within the first few minutes.

I'd rather have a 2 square mile city filled with lots of content and awesome stuff to do compared to a 100 square mile city with nothing but detailed models.

According to Aaron Garbut's interview, V's game world is so rich with content he predicts that not everyone will get to see everything they've put in. The BradyGames strategy guide is almost 500 pages long, as compared to 200-300 for most other games (with the exception of MMORPGs which are f*cking huge anyway). That's all the proof I need! :panic:

• HoleInTheSky likes this

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

much smaller

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think a good deal of attention was paid to the LA Noire map, they modeled plenty of non-landmark buildings in Los Angeles (seriously, drive through downtown LA and it'll be hard to find a building they left out from that era) but that's not to say that they didn't use the same diner and furniture store in the more suburban areas.

With this GTA it seems like they really want to cut down on the repetition so every building is unique. It's a balance of having a game that feels repetitive and big or one that feels small and unique. But I still wish they'd go for bigger suburbs. I think the modeler guys can make bigger non repetitive suburbs like they do for the city.

jamesthehuman
  • jamesthehuman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

hahaha! this is so funny now that gta 5 is out! xD

Jackson T
  • Jackson T

V>SA>Garbage>IV. End of Discussion.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

1. The city of LS
2. LA noires map
3. LC
From biggest to smallest.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

You forget to add that unless you're in a mission, the city is useless in Noire.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

Can you imagine if Los Santos was the size of Los Angeles in L.A. Noire, and was given Rockstar's magic touch of side activities, random encounters, etc.?

:panic:

Jackson T
  • Jackson T

V>SA>Garbage>IV. End of Discussion.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:58 AM

You're wrong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users