Quantcast

» «
Photo

How many unemployed people on here playing GTA V next week?

181 replies to this topic
Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Enjoy queuing in the job centre for your £50 odd a week.

£71 a week bruv.

Wow, be buying a Ferrari in no time.
Have fun getting obsessed over material objects to make you feel like you've "earned" something. That's actually a mental condition.

As for people who are still in the primitive mindset of the respectability of work, what will you do when automation increases productivity but creates more unemployment even further than it's doing today? How does that fit into your little utopian dream of the virtue of work?

Here's some literature to educate yourself with:

End Of Work - by Jeremy Rifkin
Is There Intelligent Life On Earth? by Jack Catran
Robots Will Steal Your Job - by Federico Pistono

What? It was, wait for it.. A joke? Simply saying in a funny way that living on £71 a week by choice is stupid. I was made redundant 2years ago. I had a new job a week later. I couldn't face living on a menial amount of money and having to fill in a book like a child for it. I'm not obsessed with material items in the slightest, you only live once, why sit living on tins of cold beans when you can work to earn a better future for yourself and your children?

Some people find it hard to find work, or physically carnt, that's fine. It's lazy arseholes who say "I'm getting the money back I've paid" who piss me off.

None of that money went into funding schools etc then?

MIKAHEEL
  • MIKAHEEL

S.I.S

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

i used to be on JSA like you then took an arrow to the knee

jsa is a good thing for people looking for work if your a scrounger shame on you.

Baron von Doom
  • Baron von Doom

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

Well. AT&T had me fired after I did an anonymous article exposing some of there policies that weren't really known too well in the public eye. Well f*ck 'em. I'm taking a small vacation to play some GTA v before headed back to another job :)

Link to article, please. I'm sincerely interested.

HiddenStreet
  • HiddenStreet

Super Villain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'd get a job as soon as possible, OP. Sounds weird but, being unemployed for an extensive amount of time actually sucks. Sitting around the house idle sounds like a dream when you've either:

a.) been going to school your whole life or...

b.) you just got laid off from a job that was overbearing/annoying

But trust me, work is one of those things that keep us occupied mentally and physically. You can go crazy pretty quickly if you don't have a job, and it's an easy way to slip into depression -- unless you're one of those trust fund babies who travel around the world on mommy and daddy's money and never have to consider working a single day in their life.

• Graven likes this

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

got fired yesterday

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

got fired yesterday

"deal with it" :p

That sucks. If it is true.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Well. AT&T had me fired after I did an anonymous article exposing some of there policies that weren't really known too well in the public eye. Well f*ck 'em. I'm taking a small vacation to play some GTA v before headed back to another job :)

How did they find out?

gtaisfabolous
  • gtaisfabolous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by gtaisfabolous, 11 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

9 actually..., pls stop this or I will press charges against you :miranda:

leeoggy
  • leeoggy

Things are gonna get really messy!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:21 PM Edited by leeoggy, 11 September 2013 - 03:21 PM.

got made redundant from my job at a solicitors not long ago, got a few interviews lined up, one tomorrow and one on the 24th with the local council doing child litigation, constantly looking on job sites every day. Getting let go/made redundant is a massive kick in the balls but it's important you don't get down about it. Fortunately i have my 2 year old daughter to keep me motivated... :^:

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I for one am layed off. I worked for the same place for nearly 10 years, they asked me to take a heavy pay cut I told them no and got layed off with the promise to never be called back. So now I'm back in school. And take all my classes online. So I should have plenty of time to play.

Alexhabs92
  • Alexhabs92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

f*ck Yeah Unemployed ladies and gentlemen. play all week HA! not just 2 hour per night..no no. all week long and the week after and the week after and the week after so good.

JordLfc1993
  • JordLfc1993

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:34 PM Edited by JordLfc1993, 11 September 2013 - 03:36 PM.

I'm unemployed simply because I'm preparing for University. I'm doing something called a pre-access. Basically I have to improve my maths LOL and then I do an access which is basically cramming 3 A-levels into one year and then obviously going to university. Does this make me scrounger? Obviously I'd love to work, but I want to focus on my grades. The whole reason I'm going to University is linked to employment. I want to make myself as employable as possible.

Also I understand people who get angry at those who simply don't want to work, but not everyone on JSA is a scrounger. Some people may not have the grades to get the jobs. Some people may have personal tragedies to deal with or are to ill to work. I know some people who have been looking for jobs for over a year! if somebody can't find a job, do you suggest they just sit at home and beat themself up about it? life is all about enjoyment.

I know that it's unlikely that I will get a job atm because I don't have a degree or an influx of GCSEs like most people do. But rather than look for a work for a whole year, I'm trying to better myself by preparing myself for university. Is that really such a bad thing?

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

£71 a week bruv.

What the f*ck? That's £284 a month. That's £100 more than I earn a month. What the f*ck am I doing working when I could be getting paid to sit on my arse sponging off of the government? No wonder so many people come here to sit on benefits & no wonder so many of our own don't bother looking for work.

So what your earning £184 a month? Really? Doing about 26 hours work a month? How are old are you?

Not having ago but I'm guessing you're a student either in high school or at Uni doing a part time job on a Saturday, with support from your parents. £284 a month isn't a lot, job seekers or not. I've struggled on just under £300 a week whilst working. It's doable but near impossible when its not just yourself you're supporting. I do not believe you are self-sufficient on £184 a month.

18 & I've just left college, yeah. 4 days a week, 3/4 hours a day. It's just annoying that right now I could 'earn' more money by not having a job. Really I'm wasting my fuel & time when I don't need to.

F I S IHI E R
  • F I S IHI E R

Square Civilian

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

OP f*ck these little retards like "don adam" or w/e he calls himself i bet he works in maccy ds cheers mate i pre-ordered GTA V and brought a eighth yday with your tax money u fat virgin pussy. but i also start work on Monday you should get to some agencies if you live near an AMAZON they are recruiting sh*t loads of people and theres work till atleast January due to the christmas rush and the pay is decent. these bitches will be the first to top themselves when sh*t gets hard the little freaks are scared to make eye contact let alone try to survive on the bare minimum. sh*t will improve for u soon once again dont let these PUSSY SNOBS get you down they aint exactly on Gareth Bale salaries themselves, little bellends gettin me all ragey

Johnny_Leyenda
  • Johnny_Leyenda

The Crimson Knight

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Graduated from college earlier this year so technically I'm unemployed. I have a job interview tomorrow though. It's for weekends so even if I get it I'll have time during the week to play to my heart's content.

JordLfc1993
  • JordLfc1993

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have no problem with people unemployed as long as they are trying to make themself employable by improving their grades or something

ScottishHeist123
  • ScottishHeist123

After 5 years on the East Coast, it's time to go home...

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by StewartWilson1992, 11 September 2013 - 03:56 PM.

OP f*ck these little retards like "don adam" or w/e he calls himself i bet he works in maccy ds cheers mate i pre-ordered GTA V and brought a eighth yday with your tax money u fat virgin pussy. but i also start work on Monday you should get to some agencies if you live near an AMAZON they are recruiting sh*t loads of people and theres work till atleast January due to the christmas rush and the pay is decent. these bitches will be the first to top themselves when sh*t gets hard the little freaks are scared to make eye contact let alone try to survive on the bare minimum. sh*t will improve for u soon once again dont let these PUSSY SNOBS get you down they aint exactly on Gareth Bale salaries themselves, little bellends gettin me all ragey

Yea m8 innit fuk thos pussios bruv fukin snobs m8 gettin me all ragey ima do sum1s edd in f*ckin bellends ere David camerun is a c*nt bruv

Jokes aside, very wise words. And congrats on the new job. Sounds like you were really determined to get back into work, so nice one.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Look at how many ppl here are unemployed. And how many are bragging about living off welfare? Take out the trolls and it's a tiny fraction. And yet ppl never shut up about welfare being abused. It's not even enough money to live off exclusively. People are f*ckin retarded...

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

9 actually..., pls stop this or I will press charges against you :miranda:

Dafuq did I just watch 

Thatis great, I didn't need any sleep tonight anyway.

IBONEgta
  • IBONEgta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by IBONEgta, 11 September 2013 - 04:00 PM.

I am going to tell my boss that  my girlfriend is ill and needs looking after haha one week off too smash gta  :lol:

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Look at how many ppl here are unemployed. And how many are bragging about living off welfare? Take out the trolls and it's a tiny fraction. And yet ppl never shut up about welfare being abused. It's not even enough money to live off exclusively. People are f*ckin retarded...

I don't know how anybody could be proud of living off welfare, I've had 30 interviews in the past 2 weeks at every town between Leeds and Wallsend, it's ridiculous.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 11 September 2013 - 04:03 PM.

£71 a week bruv.

What the f*ck? That's £284 a month. That's £100 more than I earn a month. What the f*ck am I doing working when I could be getting paid to sit on my arse sponging off of the government? No wonder so many people come here to sit on benefits & no wonder so many of our own don't bother looking for work.

So what your earning £184 a month? Really? Doing about 26 hours work a month? How are old are you?

Not having ago but I'm guessing you're a student either in high school or at Uni doing a part time job on a Saturday, with support from your parents. £284 a month isn't a lot, job seekers or not. I've struggled on just under £300 a week whilst working. It's doable but near impossible when its not just yourself you're supporting. I do not believe you are self-sufficient on £184 a month.

18 & I've just left college, yeah. 4 days a week, 3/4 hours a day. It's just annoying that right now I could 'earn' more money by not having a job. Really I'm wasting my fuel & time when I don't need to.

You work 4days a week, 3-4 hours a day? and you get 180 pounds. AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING. f*cking idiot.

Edit. Oh you complaining why you can not work more? I get it, sorry, I missunderstood.

Znd
  • Znd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

I'm lucky that I have a job that I more or less like, with people that I like. 

But the first week of GTA V will be interesting. I managed to get Tuesday off, but then I work two doubles in a row Wednesday & Thursday. So I'll have enough time to get really addicted to the game, then I'll be deprived from it almost all day for 2 days. That should be interesting. 

Also, I love this jargon people from other countries use "made redundant". Lol. Is that the same as being "laid off" here in the states? 

RightOn
  • RightOn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Been off work since December for health reasons. Got an appointment with my doctor on 11 October so hopefully be declared fir to work again - meanwhile I'm looking for work ready for that wonderful day when I can go back.

Being off work is fun for the first month - now it's driving me mad! Very much looking forward to having something to do again! (But I'm sure GTA will entertain me for the four weeks I'm waiting)

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

my work is playing gta and making videos

so yeah

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

As for people who are still in the primitive mindset of the respectability of work, what will you do when automation increases productivity but creates more unemployment even further than it's doing today? How does that fit into your little utopian dream of the virtue of work?

Well, eventually that leads to the inevitable shift in the fiscally defined structures of society. The definition of "Employment" will change but anyone who thinks that employment will seek to exist is failing to consider the need for intuitive organisation of mass human tasks. These will never be machine controlled however much we use technology to reduce our physical exertion.

You can teach a robot to put an umbrella up when it rains... but you can't teach it why. I'm not sure you'll ever be able to.

Ditch those naff sci-fi justifications of your own inactivity and get back to Rodin.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

i mean i'm unemployed but i'm a college student. I barely have time to play. I have two tests next week, so i'm gonna have to put it aside till i'm done

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:35 PM Edited by Jameson312, 11 September 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Hell yeah I quit my crappy ass job finally a month or two ago.......

Nothing but take-out, GTAV, and some greenery in my scenery for the first few days after it comes out.

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Being unemployed and playing games all day, now that is living. I lead that awesome life for a bit and it was great, people were so jealous cause who wants to go to work? Everyone would love to wake up at 11am eat some waffles and get to work on a game of their choice. Of course having money from a job is nice too since you can buy alot more, like a house of your own and a car. So game on you unemployed, game on. Cause those are the days that are worth living, so stress free and lazy.

S l a d e
  • S l a d e

Picture above is accurate description of me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, currently unemployed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users