Quantcast

» «
Photo

How many unemployed people on here playing GTA V next week?

181 replies to this topic
elite378
  • elite378

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Being unemployed with no intention of working to play a video game is nothing to be proud of '-_- Im starting my university degree next month, but at least I have 2 weeks before I start to play gta V

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm unemployed after recently being made redundant from an IT Engineer job.

Fortunately my parents were kind enough to let me live at home for free (well I have to pay for a few things) until I find a job. I am using my last paycheck to fund myself, I also get a tax refund (I overpaid tax in my previous job) in the next few weeks. I intend to use my tax refund and my last paycheck to live on.

So yes I am unemployed, but I am trying my hardest to avoid going on benefits and applying for JSA. For me that is a last resort. I understand if you are living by yourself you have to go on it straight away as you can't afford not to.

I look for work everyday and I seriously hope I find employment before having to go on JSA. I despise the idea of using the taxpayers money to pay for me and my problems until I absolutely have to.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Unfortunately I am. I am applying on jobs like crazy, but nobody wants me :(

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm unemployed at the moment and it sucks but GTAV + GTAO will help with the boredom.

I went from having a 40k a year job to JSA (71 squid a week).

Yes I like the time off (for now) as I used to work 84 hours a week (anyone on 12 hour shifts 7 days a week will know it can make you a wee bit tired lol) but JSA is hard to live on and it gets so boring.

That being said it is not supposed to be a permanent thing and shouldn't be comfortable.

It's brilliant that our country will help us out when we need it but unfortunately this has created some of the most laziest ungrateful f*ckers ever. This is why we used to prefer to employ foreign workers as most English boys and girls (16-24) moan about working and don't care about their job... this is because they can have it 'easy' on JSA and half of them just don't realise that they're born. Our government is half to blame because they're too soft PERIOD.

If your happy being on JSA RATHER than working then tbh your a bit of a sad f*cker. Anyone that thinks its funny to sit around and live off other peoples hard work is just pathetic. FACT.

• gtamann123 likes this

MRinBlack
  • MRinBlack

Couldnt give a f*ck

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

people are actually proud to be like this??

Its called Modern Britain and why most of the north of England are living in overcrowded houses coz they have about 12 kids per family and then go on Jeremy Kyle and then burn half there family to death 

who the f*ck are you like i live in the north of england and its nothing like that im at work right now and probably work harder everyday then you have in your life dont ever judge someone or people you dont know you f*cking scum bag 

Working hard there on the GTA forums eh?

its called being on a break you f*ckin dimwit and checking the site on your fone 

John Angelo
  • John Angelo

"You f*ck up once, you lose two teeth."

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

A%20perfect%20day%20_2.jpg

Baron von Doom
  • Baron von Doom

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by Baron von Doom, 11 September 2013 - 01:47 PM.

"...chump on a job / you can't tell me that, I'm not / Do you enjoy what you do?" Wham Rap

"I'm a soul boy / I'm a dole boy / I take pleasure in leisure / I believe in joy" Wham Rap

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by TiddleyWinker, 11 September 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Enjoy queuing in the job centre for your £50 odd a week.

£71 a week bruv.

What the f*ck? That's £284 a month. That's £100 more than I earn a month. What the f*ck am I doing working when I could be getting paid to sit on my arse sponging off of the government? No wonder so many people come here to sit on benefits & no wonder so many of our own don't bother looking for work.

So what your earning £184 a month? Really? Doing about 26 hours work a month? How are old are you?

Not having ago but I'm guessing you're a student either in high school or at Uni doing a part time job on a Saturday, with support from your parents. £284 a month isn't a lot, job seekers or not. I've struggled on just under £300 a week whilst working. It's doable but near impossible when its not just yourself you're supporting. I do not believe you are self-sufficient on £184 a month.

Anyone saying it's an easy life living on JSA is delusional and ignorant. It's not. You've seen a few newspapers articles about benefit scroungers and putting everyone in the same group, its unfair, those people you see living well with a four bedroom house on benefits are claiming far more than JSA, they're con artists playing the system for every penny they can, whether it be JSA, fake disability, child benefits (having more kids). Most JSA claimants are actively searching for and would love a job, yet need some monetary support; else they starve.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

If the welfare system wasn't here, there would have been a revolt already. Wars and welfare have patched up the money system but it's long overdue for a collapse.

• TiddleyWinker likes this

mdgrncw
  • mdgrncw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm a stay at home mom. I'll be playing GTAv inbetween nap time.

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

If the welfare system wasn't here, there would have been a revolt already. Wars and welfare have patched up the money system but it's long overdue for a collapse.

Another good point.

People tend to forget that one of the reasons/benefits to JSA is that it keeps normal people off the streets committing crimes in order to support themselves. Cut the JSA and watch the crime figures rise.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm unemployed after recently being made redundant from an IT Engineer job.

Fortunately my parents were kind enough to let me live at home for free (well I have to pay for a few things) until I find a job. I am using my last paycheck to fund myself, I also get a tax refund (I overpaid tax in my previous job) in the next few weeks. I intend to use my tax refund and my last paycheck to live on.

So yes I am unemployed, but I am trying my hardest to avoid going on benefits and applying for JSA. For me that is a last resort. I understand if you are living by yourself you have to go on it straight away as you can't afford not to.

I look for work everyday and I seriously hope I find employment before having to go on JSA. I despise the idea of using the taxpayers money to pay for me and my problems until I absolutely have to.

Dude just get on JSA, it's easy to do and it'll help bring down the money system quicker and it's less stress for you. Drop the idea of "respectability" being associated with "work", there is nothing respectable about spending 10 hours of your day in a repetitive job making someone else rich, wasting the best years of your life. 50 years ago sure, people needed to work. Now? Technology can pretty much automate most labour intensive jobs such as warehousing, kitchens, housing could be manufactured en mass instead of requiring humans to build them using wood, brick, and nails.

"You work hard, you reap the benefits" - according to that logic those poor bastards working hard in Asia 18 hours a day for a dollar an hour should be rich any time now. Of course, most people lack understanding, more is required than hard work, such as background, circumstance etc.

• chipface likes this

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

I don't have a problem with unemployed people but I constantly see people coming to the E.R. on an ambulance, walking through the door saying they have chest pain with two pissed off medics behind them....almost always turns out that their chest pain is actually a tooth ache and a $2000 ambulance ride beats a $5 cab ride because the hospital is closer to Wal Mart and they know they've whipped the system and don't pay for sh*t. Meanwhile I'm going through college so I can help these people -_- A lot of my friends are unemployed but there's a difference between not having a job and being a leech.

Skorge
  • Skorge

I Completed the GTA V story, in 28 hours! (Option C)

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

This work and job you all speak about.., what does it do???? :p

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I have a job and work like 10 hours a day. I have the 18th off to play GTA V but man it sucks :( I wish I could have like a whole week off

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

got laid off about 2 month ago after working 3 years and ive just sent my medical screening off to the army so waiting to hear back from them although ive heard it can take up to a year (wtf?) #swiftandbold

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:30 PM Edited by FutoDriver, 11 September 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Ha! It's Britain in a nutshell. No one seems to realise that it all goes back into the system via the VAT system. Yes, even OP has paid the government for daring to breath and having his GTA V game.

What's the anger about really? I'm not some programmed drone, I'm self employed for all my own interests. With greatest respect I couldn't give a toss what my neighbour does or what the government do. Life is to short to worry about any of that.

OP, if playing GTA V is going to make you that happy go for it. No bitterness here mate. :colgate:

• line of chop likes this

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I wish

Senor Salami
  • Senor Salami

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Considering a huge majority of players will be high school students and college students, I'd say there will be a lot.

BigVenis
  • BigVenis

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Being unemployed with no intention of working to play a video game is nothing to be proud of '-_- Im starting my university degree next month, but at least I have 2 weeks before I start to play gta V

Well done, you will never be rich though. 

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by ChromeAndroid, 11 September 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Well. AT&T had me fired after I did an anonymous article exposing some of there policies that weren't really known too well in the public eye. Well f*ck 'em. I'm taking a small vacation to play some GTA v before headed back to another job :)

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Technically I'm unemployed, if you want to call it that. I'm in college full time though, and I take care of my old lady's 3 kids while she works to support us. I don't consider that freeloading though, as we aren't taking anything from the government.

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Well done, you will never be rich though. 

Rich people die with sh*t loads of money in the bank that the govt claws back once they are dead, I think the only thing people should aspire to be is comfortable. Whatever you like.. embrace it and enjoy it. Find ways to make life work out your way. Being "rich" or the "most attractive" or the most "clever" wont keep you content if you are not in control and not enjoying life the way you want.

HamMasterFlex
  • HamMasterFlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

people are actually proud to be like this??

I've worked for 8 years at the same place and got laid off because the business got bought out, I've paid over 10,000 dollars in taxes over that time period, f*ck you if you think I'm wrong to want some of that money back.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by Waldie, 11 September 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Life's too short to waste it working - unless you find a job that you like or at least think it's worth while doing.

Unfortunately I haven't. And as far as I'm concerned, being a wage slave is no more honourable than being dole scum.

Fortunately however, I don't have expensive tastes and £70 a week is more than enough to live comfortably on. That's not to say I don't try to get a job, I submit many a letter and application each fortnight, but thankfully no one wants to give me a job.

So I will have plenty of free time to play V and that sounds splendid.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

lazy peeps

nothing to do with laziness you brat. i have an advanced degree but the job market is tough right now. when you're on your own and flipping burgers, you'll maybe get some sense knocked into you. and make mine an extra large

gtaisfabolous
  • gtaisfabolous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:51 PM Edited by gtaisfabolous, 11 September 2013 - 03:38 PM.

j

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 11 September 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Don't get mad, I was four when my mum bought me gta IV at launch

and I turned out well too

So you are 10?

pedobear.png

gtaisfabolous
  • gtaisfabolous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by gtaisfabolous, 11 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Don't get mad, I was four when my mum bought me gta IV at launch

and I turned out well too

So you are 10?

pedobear.png

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

9 actually..., pls stop this or I will press charges against you :miranda:

1 user(s) are reading this topic