Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ausrtralians! how are you getting the game?

91 replies to this topic
foxryd3r
  • foxryd3r

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

As topic title says, how are you getting the game?

Midnight Launch?

Breakfast Launch?

Wait by the letterbox all day?

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

JB, Midnight Launch probably.

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

EB Games, Midnight Launch.

In and out.

shorty HA
  • shorty HA

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Ordered online at EB games, so ill expect it to be at my front door when i get home 

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:27 AM Edited by AndreyK, 11 September 2013 - 08:57 AM.

I am under 18, so I am going to the midnight launch with my mom at EB Point Cook. Like a real muthaphukkin G.

miaz
  • miaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

JB midnight launch probably. Will ride my bike to Northland in Melb cause it's real close.

• darthnights likes this

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 11 September 2013 - 08:53 AM.

I am under 18, so I am going to the midnight launch with my mom at EB Gays. Like a real muthaphukkin G.

i'd be careful (someone correct me if i'm wrong) because any signs of the fact that it's for you, and that you're under 18, and i'm pretty sure they won't sell it to you. you may want to wait in a different area as your mum goes in and buys it - just to be safe.

foxryd3r
  • foxryd3r

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Breakfast Launch :(

Perths trading laws suck!

partiky
  • partiky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

midnight launch at EB games seaford

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

Melbourne CBD. 

Might go to the midnight launch if I'm in the area. 

zachy
  • zachy

Impatiently Waiting

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

I am under 18, so I am going to the midnight launch with my mom at EB Gays. Like a real muthaphukkin G.

i'd be careful (someone correct me if i'm wrong) because any signs of the fact that it's for you, and that you're under 18, and i'm pretty sure they won't sell it to you. you may want to wait in a different area as your mum goes in and buys it - just to be safe.

Is it that serious in Aussie land? In America a parent has the right to buy their child whatever the f*ck they want.

Pyrrhus
  • Pyrrhus

GTAF Commissioner

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

EB Games, Breakfast Launch.

fromthecradletoenslave
  • fromthecradletoenslave

Mentally Unstable

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

As I'm 16, I managed to talk Mum into giving me the day off and buying the game for me. The store I've ordered at, EB Games Runaway Bay, told me as long as I've got somebody over 18 with me, they'll sell it to me. 

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Is it that serious in Aussie land? In America a parent has the right to buy their child whatever the f*ck they want.

Yeah, a long time ago I tried to get my mum to buy me a dvd from a market selling bootleg dvd's and games. The woman suspected it was for me and wouldn't sell it to her. 

This was the same person who had knives, swords and balaclavas in plain view up for sale on the next table.  :lol:

boxanata
  • boxanata

Mark Chump

• Members

Via Aust post. So I probably won't receive my copy until the 18th, which means the 17th is going to be a very long day.

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

I already know, and so does my mom. Mom is going to go and buy the game and I am just going to keep quiet in the car.

If the game was MA15+, then she would be able to go into the store with me and buy it. If it's rated R18+, she has to go in herself.

xtenebrous
  • xtenebrous

Witty Title

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

It shouldn't be a problem, I worked in GAME (in the UK) and the policy is literally, as long as it's the parent handing over the cash it doesn't make a difference, we had to make sure the parent was aware of what they were buying them but beyond that there is nothing that can be done about it, parents have the right to buy their children whatever they want

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

I ordered the ce from jb so I have to wait for it to come in the mail :(

Anyone here preordered from jb b4 and had to get them to post it to you?
If so how long does it usually take? Ever get it on or before release?

Thanks

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Ordered online at EB games, so ill expect it to be at my front door when i get home

Same here.
  • Aerosmithfan999 likes this

MiraKanon
  • MiraKanon

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Midnight Lunch for me, hopefully I'll be in and out then throw the game in the console and start playing.

kickboxamatt
  • kickboxamatt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

already planned out while im at school my sis will pick it up for me and then get me from school 

with gta v to greet me when i get in the car :)

Mitch3315
  • Mitch3315

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

It shouldn't be a problem, I worked in GAME (in the UK) and the policy is literally, as long as it's the parent handing over the cash it doesn't make a difference, we had to make sure the parent was aware of what they were buying them but beyond that there is nothing that can be done about it, parents have the right to buy their children whatever they want

It's kind of strict in Australia. You can't sell anything to someone if you know they're are buying it for someone who is underage, or wouldn't be allowed to be what ever it is you're selling for whatever reason.

I'll be midnight launching it, 2 minute drive down the road, 2 minute drive back, and then I'll be screaming at my xbox to hurry up with the install.

fromthecradletoenslave
  • fromthecradletoenslave

Mentally Unstable

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

already planned out while im at school my sis will pick it up for me and then get me from school 

with gta v to greet me when i get in the car :)

If you're Tasmanian, marry your sister.

• Ryder15, tigertoddy2008 and foxryd3r like this

BigTommo
  • BigTommo

Real G

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Midnight launch at JB-hi-fi, JB usually releases around 11pm sometimes, well at least its quicker than Eb Games in the same shopping centre.

• Ryder15 likes this

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

Going into a shop during the day and buying the physical copy, like a normal person.

foxryd3r
  • foxryd3r

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Anyone know a way to get it maybe a day early? so not having a midnight launch doesn't matter. haha

miaz
  • miaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

Anyone know whats up with JB's launch times here:

http://www.jbhifi.co...d-theft-auto-v/
 If you scroll down to launch stores some are opening 12 but most 11pm or even 9pm. Does that mean you can get the game at 9pm at those stores?

xtenebrous
  • xtenebrous

Witty Title

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

It's kind of strict in Australia. You can't sell anything to someone if you know they're are buying it for someone who is underage, or wouldn't be allowed to be what ever it is you're selling for whatever reason.

I'll be midnight launching it, 2 minute drive down the road, 2 minute drive back, and then I'll be screaming at my xbox to hurry up with the install.

Fair enough, that's pretty crazy

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

No it isn't, all you need is a parent or something.

• semie likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Midnight launch at JB-hi-fi, JB usually releases around 11pm sometimes, well at least its quicker than Eb Games in the same shopping centre.

I emailed my local JB earlier this week, and they didn't seem to know exactly what was going to happen, but they basically said that they weren't going to open up to the public until about 11pm, so will just have to see I guess. Planning on emailing them again on Monday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users