Quantcast

» «
Photo

Need help with connecting 360 to computer monitor via HDMI!

hdmi computer monitor xbox 360 sound asus
4 replies to this topic
FacePALM24
  • FacePALM24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. I've been thinking of getting a computer monitor to use with my 360. As someone who isn't very tech-savvy though, I'm pretty lost. So far, I've considered getting this monitor: http://www.amazon.co..._cmu_pg__header

I already have an HDMI cable that I can directly connect to the monitor and my 360, but this monitor has no built-in speakers. What exactly should I do to overcome that? As far as I'm aware, the HDMI cable also transmits sound. As long as I get a couple of cheap speakers or use headphones plugged into the monitor, there should be sound, right? Or do I need to use the component cables that came with the 360?

Thanks a lot for the help!

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by finn4life, 11 September 2013 - 11:58 AM.

I think there is two ways you can do this. 
1. If your monitor has Audio OUTPUT you can plug in the HDMI and it'll pass-through the monitor to the audio Jack out and into whatever speakers you have plugged in. The monitor you are looking at is very poorly listed, but in the FAQ the guy said there is some sort of Audio Jack 3.5mm and he thinks it's probably audio out.
2. Use HDMI/DVI to monitor, and then plug in your RCA (Red, white, yellow.) cables and get an RCA to 3.5mm Jack and then plug that into your speakers. 
Because of Xbox slims retarded design though, you'll need to chop some plastic off the RCA plug because you cannot have it and the HDMI in at the same time. Biggest retard move ever.
3. Get a headset.

Anyway here is the RCA > 3.5mm audio jack and RCA cables.

ux_a08070300ux0031_ux_c.jpg
9440266-rca-connector-it-is-isolated-on-

Here is what I mean by the cable not fitting.
FDXXJ9GG4PBWUD9LARGE.jpg

• friendly luggage likes this

FacePALM24
  • FacePALM24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the detailed reply! It seems like the first option you listed is easiest and would be best for me. Looking at some of the pictures on the Amazon listing for this monitor, it seems like there's an audio output on the far right in this picture:

61muSYwrqeL.jpg

So as long as I have an HDMI cable connected to a 360 and speakers/headphones connected to the monitor, sound should flow through, right?

FacePALM24
  • FacePALM24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Or should I just consider a monitor with built-in speakers and avoid the hassle like this one: http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

It's up to you. I'd connect to some external speakers as the ones inside that monitor will sound crap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users