Anyone playing S.A. to get ready?

89 replies to this topic
zachy
  • zachy

GT: ExO Semper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

I forgot I had GTA IV: The Complete Edition. About to boot up TLAD and give it a whirl

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

i'm playing far cry 3 and MP3.

GoonerSoldier
  • GoonerSoldier

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hell yea bro.  Unlike GTAIV, SA had BMX bikes, airplanes, high mountains, plenty of off road, etc etc....  I didn't like GTAIV very much because of all the things they took out. This is why I am really more hyped than I ever was with IV.

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Nope. Just started playing RDR for the third time. Probably won't complete it in time for the 17th.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I played SA like 5 months ago and don't feel like playing it again. I wanted to finish the entire GTA IV collection but I probably won't have time for more than core IV if anything. I also wann finish Bioshock Infinite, I'm 60% done with it but it just doesn't hold my attention long enough... been playing it off and on for 4 months. I really wann see the ending though.

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by jdwarfer, 11 September 2013 - 03:26 PM.

I started a game but couldn't continue. I stopped when CJ comes in the country side, just after LS.

I'm just tired of its old gameplay. 

I finished again GTAIV and TLAD, but I did a couple of TBOGT missions and got tired of it as well.

Now I play Fallout New Vegas and Dead Island Riptide. It should keep me "busy" until next week.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

I started a game but couldn't continue. I stopped when CJ comes in the country side, just after LS.

I'm just tired of its old gameplay. 

I finished again GTAIV and TLAD, but I did a couple of TBOGT missions and got tired of it as well.

Now I play Fallout New Vegas and Dead Island Riptide. It should keep me "busy" until next week.

I played through TLAD and started TBOGT in case of any possible story connections but there's something about the latter that just doesn't really feel... fun. It might be that there's still a lot of dead space in the IV era or that I didn't particularly care for the dialogue/characters/ etc. 

makchamp
  • makchamp

Taxi Driver

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I still play the game from time to time I'm in san fierro now just finished the zero missions. Those missions were so annoying it took me many tries to complete them. I never knew they weren't necessary to complete the story. This is my 3rd play through and the controls are kinda hard to go back to and get used to but it's still fun.

nitr0monkey
  • nitr0monkey

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Been playing SA:MP, I've had it for a while but never got into it until now! I'll probably give MP3 a try out later so I can practice for V...

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

My goodness it's hard going back. Lazlow was talking about how he forgot that you have to save pretty much all the time and if you don't... :blink:

Nope cause that's not a good way to get into GTA V.

Play GTA IV too see how the city will be in V but V will have colors unlike IV.

Play RDR to see how the countryside will be in V and how the weapon wheel will work.

Play MP3 to see how the gun play is going to be. 

These three games will help us get ready for V. 

qfrmcpt
  • qfrmcpt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yep, downloaded it from PSN a few days ago and I want to finish it an RDR: UN but it's not looking good lol

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:41 PM Edited by henriquedematos, 11 September 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Max Payne 3, considering the combat is exactly the same. Gotta practice with free aim, I refuse to play with lock-on.

So much this. Been playing it like hell on my PS3 to do my best on mastering the combat engine before jumping on V, also no soft lock or anything like that.

Swe78
  • Swe78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Yes playing a lot of San Andreas now. I think GTA V will be great but as good as SA? Don't think so. 

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Played it earlier in the year, but lately GTA IV and TLAD. 

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

I achieved 100% on SA earlier today. Now I'm on MP3 and RDR :)

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lol SA will not prepare you for V.

skyerxd
  • skyerxd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

Pre order V. But started playing again SA from the beginning. Great nostalgia.

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Been playing gta iv all night, Cant even imagine the quality of GTAV.. gtaiv is good fun but its all concrete .. gta v will have everything imaginable from mountains to countryside, beaches.. flight.. argh.. getting excited. Kinda weird having fun with niko and roman bowling!

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I love it but revisiting it would require the large effort of retrieving my PS2 from the loft.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm trying to get through IV.. as far as I can at least. But the last week, I'm just bored with all my games.. I just want V now.

Hache0
  • Hache0

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Zero was a real badass gangsta, just like OG Loc

(8

sweldon30
  • sweldon30

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

With only 5 days left I might go back to SA for a bit. Classic game

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Samp pilots life server has become my second home

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

I dont need to prepare for anything!
Its not like im gonna run in a race or having a boxing match.

Its a f*cking video game! No god damn preparation needed

trenken
  • trenken

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

No. It has not aged well at all. I tried a month ago and it was awful. 

GTA was famous at that time for having horribly clunky controls. Im pretty sure R* did not understand the PS2 had a 2nd stick for aiming, which many other games were already doing, but they didnt get it, and because of it the game is completely unplayable for me.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

GTA was famous at that time for having horribly clunky controls. Im pretty sure R* did not understand the PS2 had a 2nd stick for aiming, which many other games were already doing, but they didnt get it, and because of it the game is completely unplayable for me.

Yeah aiming is impossible especially for the on rails missions where your live depends on taking out people. Not to mention when someone runs up to you in a confined space and you start shooting the ceiling..  :miranda:

Kamii786
  • Kamii786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

San Andreas was hands down the best GTA as far as content goes.  It still boggles my mind today that there was so much crammed into A PS2 Gen game.  You just simply can't call yourself a Grand Theft Auto fan without at least playing it through once.  It would be like saying you're a Star Wars fan, but refusing to watch the original trilogy because the special effects weren't as good.  I will say some of the missions are awful (Zero's missions are pretty much the main reason I went through two or three PS2 controllers from 2004 to 2006) but its still a classic.  I just picked it up again the other day and it really makes you appreciate how much GTA has influenced gaming, and how innovative that game was.  I really hope that V is the San Andreas of its generation, because it's nearly 10 years later, and San Andreas is still a blast.

Amen to that brother, brings back so much memories just like Vice City does.

Personally I've been playing Red Dead Redemption to get a feel of the massive open world.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by henriquedematos, 12 September 2013 - 01:04 AM.

Lol SA will not prepare you for V.

This. The best I can see in it for practice is flying airplanes on the PS2, but I will be surprised if the airplanes engine in V is even remotely similar to San Andreas. For me, IV for the vehicle engine (I know the one in V is different, but I suppose IV is the closest we have) and MP3 for the combat engine are the best choices to get prepared, in my opinion.

I didn't find combat hard at all either on the PS2 or the PC. While I do agree that the second stick thing could have been in, the lock-on actually made it pretty easy for me on the PS2. Also, the only thing that hasn't aged well for me in San Andreas is the graphics - The gameplay and storyline are still extremely fun and I play it occasionally without any problem.

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

I just keep driving around Liberty city imagining grass, mountains, animals, wildlife, dirt tracks.. instead of this endless concrete. I dont understand why people want more city lol. It gets so painfully unnatractive. Still gonna complete it before tuesday.

SebastianReginald
  • SebastianReginald

The Legend

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

San Andreas Is So Outdated In Almost Every Aspect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users