Photo

Anyone playing S.A. to get ready?

89 replies to this topic
Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

Wow! I had no idea David Cross voiced Zero! Now that you mention it, how could I not?

He just has one of those instantly recognizable voices, but at the same time he's in so much sh*t you just kind of forget its him lol.  Its like how I didn't realize Charlie Murphy voiced Jizzy B until I heard his voice the other day.

zachy
  • zachy

Impatiently Waiting

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

I went and bought it on PSN a few months ago, and the past few weeks I've been playing it quite a bit.

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

Wow...consider my mind blown! I guess when I first played GTA SA, I really had no idea who Charlie Murphy or David Cross was...knew about Samuel L. Jackson and that was about it lol

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

Just got off SA-MP.

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

I never played SA. Downloaded it on PSN (it was cheap) a couple months ago and tried to play. Couldn't. Gameplay and controls haven't aged well.

I've played the sh*t out of IV, so I downloaded Max Payne 3 (it was also cheap, and it's the fancy edition with bells and whistles). Enjoyable enough. Even the multiplayer seemed OK, although lots of superomghardcore maxed-out players.

I also bought MP3 recently it was on sale on xbox for 10$ and i cant stand the online.  Everyone is like maxed out and owns every match i get in...  eh  prolly just suck tho...

PeacefulFuckingDay
  • PeacefulFuckingDay

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hell yes, and I finally beat it after leaving it 75% finished for a year lol.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

Wow...consider my mind blown! I guess when I first played GTA SA, I really had no idea who Charlie Murphy or David Cross was...knew about Samuel L. Jackson and that was about it lol

I didn't know who Charlie Murphy was, but I knew David Cross from his standup and Men in Black lol.  I also knew that officer pulaski was voiced by chris Penn because of Reservoir dogs.  I remember when I first heard Tenpenny i was like "holy sh*t, Samuel L. Jackson!"

chrome0702
  • chrome0702

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

Ughhh, I despised Zeroes missions...couldn't control the damn RC biplane worth a crap lol

His missions were the most annoying in the whole game some people said it was the plane missions but nope Zeroe had some f*cked up missions.

I remember when I first played through those missions way back when.  I believe i was about 14.  After failing the 2nd Zero mission for about the 8th time I screamed "f*ck YOU DAVID CROSS!!!!" And I heard my mom go "David who?"

good times :lol:

Same reaction with me except with my grandmother slapped me in the back of the head!  :miranda:

Over the time I've been playing a lot of R* games (even Bully... lol just for fun)

S.A. for getting ready for HD Los Santos

Max Payne for the shooting

Red Dead for the atmosphere

MC:LA for the driving & car customization, & the L.A. vibe

I can't wait til Tuesday midnight :panic:

• foxmulder1984 and Snoochie_Boochies like this

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

I didn't know who Charlie Murphy was, but I knew David Cross from his standup and Men in Black lol.  I also knew that officer pulaski was voiced by chris Penn because of Reservoir dogs.  I remember when I first heard Tenpenny i was like "holy sh*t, Samuel L. Jackson!"

The dialogue is still hilarious, especially Charlie Murphy's and I really hope they bring that humor back with V. Also it's really something when you have such a distinguished cast.. I know they didn't do it this time more to save money then anything else but still

• foxmulder1984 likes this

lowpayne1911
  • lowpayne1911

Pain in the butt!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

I started playing SA last week, it's pretty fun :p

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

I started playing SA last week, it's pretty fun :p

Enjoy it!

• lowpayne1911 likes this

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

The dialogue is still hilarious, especially Charlie Murphy's and I really hope they bring that humor back with V. Also it's really something when you have such a distinguished cast.. I know they didn't do it this time more to save money then anything else but still

Yeah I miss the old days of big name cameos in Grand Theft Auto, but if it means more money goes towards improving gameplay then i'm all for the change!

LENNONg
  • LENNONg

rock the 40oz, its the drink that counts

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

was looking through a box and found my ps2 in it, along with my "grand theft auto trilogy" with iii, vice city and SA.. had to get a new AV cable but iv been playin san andreas to pass the time.. still a rad game in my eyes

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

Just beat it (San Andreas) two days ago for the 6th time since it's been out lol, never got into SA:MP so that's a no go. Let my neighbor play MP3 cause he has no other R* games except IV. Red Dead Nightmare of the Undead got boring after seeing the last gameplay trailer lol...

Tried playing Saint's Row IV to bypass the time, I just ended up taking that piece of crap back to Wal-Mart.

All to say, I rather just boycott my xbox until Tuesday, no game will prepare me for what's about to happen.

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Since we're talking about San Andreas, who agrees that officer Pulaski went out like a f*cking G?

epicgamer7
  • epicgamer7

EpicGamer7

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

I can't my find my copy of S.A :(

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'm going for 100% in SA before GTA V launches. I'm on 95-96% now and it's still great fun.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Capitalism is a dirty business

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

The last time I tried playing SA it ended up boring the sh*t out of me. 60 missions or so in my current save of GTA IV.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'm playing Bully and Max Payne 3.
I made level 50 so I can legend (hopefully unlocking bonus gear in GTAO) but I need to make about $23,000 so I can get "all weapons unlocked" achievement. <--- I never realise how little money is made until I got here.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

How could you play SA and expect it to "prepare" you for V?

Hmmm, I DON'T KNOW maybe because it's in San Andreas just like GTA V? Do people really not think on these forums or what?  :facedesk:

A3janNL
  • A3janNL

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Tryed to play it again. But it's getting to old.

Keep switching back to GTA4

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Im in love with sa again played a good ten hours yesterday so much fun dont know what you guys are talking about grapics haha they are fine, its like watchig a cartoon man it would be sh*t to play if some charaters was hd and the others just 3d but they are all the same so it makes that illiusion so its easy to play.. I couldnt be asked to play 4 no more same sh*te over over again, also tho i have a 50 inch so i can imagine what ever graphic i play will be barable. One thing tho i remembed it being alot harder alot more harder sarted with cheats to race throu but after couple missions got rid of and started with out still races thro, im so glad they made a game like gta sa when i was to young to care or apprieciate a good game now i cant drive down the destert with outgoing wow even tho its dated 2005 grapics, oh and the random drive bys !! Epic got a couple sick in game photos of cars chases/drive bys haha i cant wait to get my laptop so i can put she in the rage engine !!

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Why should i play SA so close before the release? This isn't SA 2, it isn't the same Los Santos. I will get to V with an open Mind, not with one great classic in the back of mind, and making all kinds of pointless comparisons.

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Nope. S.A. is kinda unplayable to me. I wish, I had not spent $2 on it off the PSN. Anyhow. This is what is happening with some people out there. (image ripped off from Redditt)

VZ88tGk.png

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Why should i play SA so close before the release? This isn't SA 2, it isn't the same Los Santos. I will get to V with an open Mind, not with one great classic in the back of mind, and making all kinds of pointless comparisons.

Open mind ? Tht was the most narrow minded thing ive read :) peace

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

"Anyone playing S.A. to get ready?" Yeah, considering I haven't stopped playing SA since it was released.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

playing MP3

line of chop
  • line of chop

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Iv got the pkg and rap file on my pc, just havent come round to playing it.

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Open mind ? Tht was the most narrow minded thing ive read :) peace

Peace off. ;)

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

San Andreas was hands down the best GTA as far as content goes.  It still boggles my mind today that there was so much crammed into A PS2 Gen game.  You just simply can't call yourself a Grand Theft Auto fan without at least playing it through once.  It would be like saying you're a Star Wars fan, but refusing to watch the original trilogy because the special effects weren't as good.  I will say some of the missions are awful (Zero's missions are pretty much the main reason I went through two or three PS2 controllers from 2004 to 2006) but its still a classic.  I just picked it up again the other day and it really makes you appreciate how much GTA has influenced gaming, and how innovative that game was.  I really hope that V is the San Andreas of its generation, because it's nearly 10 years later, and San Andreas is still a blast.

I'm avoiding Zeroes missions like the plague but might not have much more of a choice soon.

Also what's up with the immediate 5 star wanted level when you go to a certain part of San Fierro? Is that considered a port or something?

Army base pard for the submarine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users