Photo

Anyone playing S.A. to get ready?

89 replies to this topic
ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

My goodness it's hard going back. Lazlow was talking about how he forgot that you have to save pretty much all the time and if you don't... :blink:

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

sa is like playing mario bros to me. i have been playing 4.

SIRHC13
  • SIRHC13

The One Who Gently Knocks

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

Max Payne 3, considering the combat is exactly the same. Gotta practice with free aim, I refuse to play with lock-on.
  • Bobbyleez and henriquedematos like this

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

no, SA plays terribly these days

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by Patriot_Action, 11 September 2013 - 03:35 AM.

I never played SA. Downloaded it on PSN (it was cheap) a couple months ago and tried to play. Couldn't. Gameplay and controls haven't aged well.

I've played the sh*t out of IV, so I downloaded Max Payne 3 (it was also cheap, and it's the fancy edition with bells and whistles). Enjoyable enough. Even the multiplayer seemed OK, although lots of superomghardcore maxed-out players.

CookieMonsterRawr
  • CookieMonsterRawr

Changing lives one explosion at a time.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

I play MTA:SA Everyday. So, needless to say, i've been prepped for this for a long time.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Ironic that people are saying it's not a good idea. I skipped SA and went straight from VC to IV, and man I am loving SA. Beat it and now play it daily just flying around in a Hydra having fun. Can't do that in GTA IV anymore.

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

We just finished SA in preparation for V. Only reason we went back to prepare was because we wanna compare and contrast when V comes out and notice any nods they throw in there. Ima try to beat 4 in a week. If not oh well. But SA was good.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Ironic that people are saying it's not a good idea. I skipped SA and went straight from VC to IV, and man I am loving SA. Beat it and now play it daily just flying around in a Hydra having fun. Can't do that in GTA IV anymore.

I'm on the Amphibious Assault mission where you have to get on the boat for Woozie.. man is it tough. I kind of miss that the older games, even if it was because of how difficult aiming/etc was, challenged you to player smarter and use your resources carefully. Especially losing guns when you die, etc.

Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

How could you play SA and expect it to "prepare" you for V?

undertaker4219
  • undertaker4219

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

I got it a couple months ago, still working on 100 percent. dated all the broads and everything.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

San Andreas was hands down the best GTA as far as content goes.  It still boggles my mind today that there was so much crammed into A PS2 Gen game.  You just simply can't call yourself a Grand Theft Auto fan without at least playing it through once.  It would be like saying you're a Star Wars fan, but refusing to watch the original trilogy because the special effects weren't as good.  I will say some of the missions are awful (Zero's missions are pretty much the main reason I went through two or three PS2 controllers from 2004 to 2006) but its still a classic.  I just picked it up again the other day and it really makes you appreciate how much GTA has influenced gaming, and how innovative that game was.  I really hope that V is the San Andreas of its generation, because it's nearly 10 years later, and San Andreas is still a blast.

• foxmulder1984 likes this

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

I have a routine that started back when GTA 3 was released. Basically I play the old school GTAs (1, 1969, 2) for about an hour or so and then move onto to all the 3d ones and play those for about 1-2 hours. It's kinda crazy that GTA IV had the main game plus 2 DLC's so that adds time to the overall experience. It's refreshing to see how far GTA has come in just about 1.5 decades :)

puppetrocks
  • puppetrocks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

Havn't seen my GTA: SA in a while. Hope to find it and play on the weekend.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

San Andreas was hands down the best GTA as far as content goes.  It still boggles my mind today that there was so much crammed into A PS2 Gen game.  You just simply can't call yourself a Grand Theft Auto fan without at least playing it through once.  It would be like saying you're a Star Wars fan, but refusing to watch the original trilogy because the special effects weren't as good.  I will say some of the missions are awful (Zero's missions are pretty much the main reason I went through two or three PS2 controllers from 2004 to 2006) but its still a classic.  I just picked it up again the other day and it really makes you appreciate how much GTA has influenced gaming, and how innovative that game was.  I really hope that V is the San Andreas of its generation, because it's nearly 10 years later, and San Andreas is still a blast.

I'm avoiding Zeroes missions like the plague but might not have much more of a choice soon.

Also what's up with the immediate 5 star wanted level when you go to a certain part of San Fierro? Is that considered a port or something?

• Snoochie_Boochies likes this

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by foxmulder1984, 11 September 2013 - 04:04 AM.

Ughhh, I despised Zeroes missions...couldn't control the damn RC biplane worth a crap lol

• Snoochie_Boochies likes this

THC 300
  • THC 300

hombre condón

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Went back to play it last week. Still f*cking awesome.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm avoiding Zeroes missions like the plague but might not have much more of a choice soon.

Also what's up with the immediate 5 star wanted level when you go to a certain part of San Fierro? Is that considered a port or something?

I'm fairly sure that you don't have to complete all of Zeroes missions to run through the campaign, only if you want to get 100 percent completion.  and yeah there is a military base in San Fierro, just above the airport.  If you get near it you get stars. 

Spoiler

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Ughhh, I despised Zeroes missions...couldn't control the damn RC biplane worth a crap lol

His missions were the most annoying in the whole game some people said it was the plane missions but nope Zeroe had some f*cked up missions.

AKalashnikov
  • AKalashnikov

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Finished all the missions a couple of months ago, still an awesome game. I played it in anticipation of GTA IV as well.

CarverCityKing
  • CarverCityKing

Russian-American Death Machine

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Playing GTA3 and Max Payne 3,

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

Yeah Zeroes was just strictly to earn money from his business.

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

His missions were the most annoying in the whole game some people said it was the plane missions but nope Zeroe had some f*cked up missions.

I agree. When I downloaded GTA: SA for Xbox Live I dread playing all of those missions again.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

I remember when I first played through those missions way back when.  I believe i was about 14.  After failing the 2nd Zero mission for about the 8th time I screamed "f*ck YOU DAVID CROSS!!!!" And I heard my mom go "David who?"

good times :lol:

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

yea ,im n Las Venturas right now

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Wow! I had no idea David Cross voiced Zero! Now that you mention it, how could I not?

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Don't you have to beat them in order to be able to acquire businesses?

Andrew-23
  • Andrew-23

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

I've been playing SA:MP like a fiend.

Romel3
  • Romel3

BEAST COAST 2013

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by Romel3, 11 September 2013 - 04:25 AM.

IM PLAYING MANHUNT 1 CUZ FLACKO LUH DA KIDS

foxmulder1984
  • foxmulder1984

Daddy's Back

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

Don't you have to beat them in order to be able to acquire businesses?

Yeah, once you finish his missions, you earn money over time from his business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users