Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is your local game store doing for the midnight release?

15 replies to this topic
Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

I just called my local Gamestop to confirm which one will be doing the midnight launch and it was pretty cool.  They told me they will be having a look alike and whoever looks the most like Micheal, Franklin, or Trevor will win some prizes.  They are also going to have Gta trivia contest and serving free food.  

So what is your local game store doing at the launch?  Anything worth talking about?  Any free souvenir's?

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

Just the basics.  Pay for your game at 10pm, get a receipt stamped for your place in line, take game at 12am, go home, omgwtfbbq.

Andy Wasson TKO
  • Andy Wasson TKO

Square Civilian

• Members

my gamestop said they get booths and we can play gta v as we wait.....

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

you fairy

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

It's illegal to be open after midnight for certain stores in Quebec, so I'll be in line at 7 am....

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

my gamestop said they get booths and we can play gta v as we wait.....

Dang that's whats up.

Morto Matrix
  • Morto Matrix

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'm going to this shady joint behind a shopping mall at 12pm.

AKA My local EB Games.

• LiquidChimera likes this

Sneak47
  • Sneak47

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

Some whore outside offering bj's for $2

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

Pulling off a couple circle jerks to pass the time but since I took this picture I will have a problem participating in the circle jerks for obvious reasons let alone play my GTAV CE but at least I can wear the hat...I will be damned if I can work those f-ing keys to that bag though!

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

A friend of mine is really good friends with a worker at the local gamestop, and according to him they are going to have some giveaways, like a free collector's edition, and they're planning on starting way early, like 6 p.m. because they're expecting a huge turnout (college town so a lot of students)  and perhaps letting those who arrive early play the game beforehand, and perhaps get a copy a little early :santa:

I doubt it about the last part but needless to say, i'm leaving campus around 5:30 :whistle:

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Just the basics.  Pay for your game at 10pm, get a receipt stamped for your place in line, take game at 12am, go home, omgwtfbbq.

I'm pretty sure that's what's happening at the midnight release I'm attending. There are three GameStop stores within the area and I always make it a point to go to the closest/most boring one because there's always less people attending than inside the mall or in the bigger store a few miles away. I'm going with a few friends, so we'll probably just sit in a circle in line and hang out.

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

Selling the game.

notch
  • notch

HIGH TECH REDNECK

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by notch, 11 September 2013 - 04:00 AM.

live band (manager has a band) I think drinks, and for GTAIV release, a guy brought a truck with 5 tvs to play it while you waited

dantheman9856
  • dantheman9856

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

i don't know but i'm there for the game, not the bullcrap.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by Crazyeighties, 11 September 2013 - 04:40 AM.

Nothing special they will have the small street in front if the shop closed so they can have people lined up they have the streets closed that week anyway in the mall. But as for special things there is a larger GameStop across the street so they may take out money at one then send all of us over to the other store to get our game after we have the final receipt

sufferblind86
  • sufferblind86

Exploring Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

As far as I know? Nothing. 

Last midnight launch I went to there was for Bioshock Infinite and it was just the lot of us standing around, chatting a bit, waiting for midnight.

Honestly, I hope there won't be any demo stations because I really want to go in fresh, the game played in front of me while I am the one behind the controls. And I don't want to play the demo there, because then I'd have to stop, which is just too much of a tease.

I will be taking my ipod with me and rockin' out to the music I have chosen to listen to for each of the characters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users