Photo

PS4 or Xbox One?

35 replies to this topic
JordLfc1993
  • JordLfc1993

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm considering whether I should get a xbox one or a ps4? The only downside for me is that I hate the ps4 controller. And as I play fifa it would take a long time to get used to i presume. Also does the ps servers/network get hacked a lot?

I prefer xbox for obvious reasons but the new xbox one seems really expensive, so I'm just wondering whether I should consider the ps4?

So in summary, I only dislike playstation because of the controller and it baffles me how people could play games like fifa or cod for example when you need to snipe?

Krispen Whah
  • Krispen Whah

Pillow Pants

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

this is the GTA V section...

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

You haven't even tried a PS4 controller yet. It's different from the PS3's. Playstation is more dependable and has WAY better exclusives. That is why I'm picking the PS4.

Found_Again
  • Found_Again

Ban Roulette Victim. :)

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

Should be posted here and there is a topic for it.  ;)

http://gtaforums.com/forum/36-gaming/

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

None because GTA V won't be on any of them... for all I know. 

mosaicbrandon
  • mosaicbrandon

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:19 AM Edited by mosaicbrandon, 11 September 2013 - 02:19 AM.

None because GTA V won't be on any of them... for all I know. 

Safe to assume GTA V/Online will come to next gen next year. Also safe to assume a PC version is coming and next gen hardware is very similar to PC architecture. Rockstar would leave 'basically' free money on the table. I'd double dip and buy for PS4 if it included DLC, ran/looked better, and allowed for more than 16 players online.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

:sui:

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Peeee Esss Threee

JordLfc1993
  • JordLfc1993

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:23 AM Edited by JordLfc1993, 11 September 2013 - 02:23 AM.

But its safe to assume the new ps4 controller will still have them horrible sticks bang in the middle? That's what i hate about the ps controllers

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:27 AM

I am getting the ps4. The ps4 is more powerful. Can't post the specs right now, but look it up for yourself.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

I'm considering whether I should get a xbox one or a ps4? The only downside for me is that I hate the ps4 controller. And as I play fifa it would take a long time to get used to i presume. Also does the ps servers/network get hacked a lot?

I prefer xbox for obvious reasons but the new xbox one seems really expensive, so I'm just wondering whether I should consider the ps4?

So in summary, I only dislike playstation because of the controller and it baffles me how people could play games like fifa or cod for example when you need to snipe?

The PS4 controller is bigger from what I heard. You can't judge that.

Anyways do you support your rights being taken away? If so go with Xbox One

Do you enjoy gaming? If so go with PS4

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

PS4.

I hear you on the controller. I'm coming from a 360. You'll get used to it

PS3 only got hacked once by a gangsta named geohot

Qwerty_jam11
  • Qwerty_jam11

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

Xbox one

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:43 AM Edited by ArcaneKnight, 11 September 2013 - 02:43 AM.

I currently own an xbox 360.

But when I do go next gen I'm going to go ps4 cuz I heard Xbox one is on some illuminati sh*t now.

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by gzam1312, 11 September 2013 - 03:10 AM.

i made the mistake of getting the 360 this gen and missed out on last of us, unchartered, Heavy Rain, journey, and god of war...all i got were halo and gears both of which are ludicrous.

PS4's online will be as good as live and the PS4 controller is much larger...and the xbox1 is targeting casuals/females the way that the nintendo wi did back in the day, whereas the PS4 is all about the games.

TeddyKoolz
  • TeddyKoolz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

I Vote for the PS4 for me! Word em Up!!

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Next gen may be coming soon, but this gen is not over yet. I may suggest waiting a few months maybe.

Also PS4 is gonna be my choice for obvious reasons. You seem to be worried about the controller and the price..

Price I understand, but controller, I don't really know how Xbox 360 controller is any easier.. Just my preference. First person shooters have always had some aiming flaws with controllers, regardless of the controller I think.

namednala
  • namednala

aahhhuuuuuuhhh

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:29 AM Edited by namednala, 11 September 2013 - 09:30 AM.

But its safe to assume the new ps4 controller will still have them horrible sticks bang in the middle? That's what i hate about the ps controllers

What do you mean by Stick Bang in the middle?
Here's a picture of both Controllers:

next-gen-controller-comparison.png

Edit: as you can See the right Stick of the One Controller and the sticks of the ps4 Controller are Nearly the Same...

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Easy decision: IF you love gaming, games and simply want the best experience for games, then you have to get the PS4. If you, however, want a set-up box that can also play games, but not in the same quality and probably with less exclusives in the end, then go for the Xbox One.

You know, even though the Xbox 360 was easier to develop for and also started earlier than the PS3, they never really came up with any really good exclusives, not to mention that Microsoft simply stopped creating any good games for it for a long time now. Now that they focus more on entertainment I really have my doubts that the Xbox One will last long with its exclusive games. Sure they have a nice starting line-up, but so did the Xbox 360. The problem is, what comes after? Probably nothing, again.

• namednala likes this

namednala
  • namednala

aahhhuuuuuuhhh

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Easy decision: IF you love gaming, games and simply want the best experience for games, then you have to get the PS4. If you, however, want a set-up box that can also play games, but not in the same quality and probably with less exclusives in the end, then go for the Xbox One.

You know, even though the Xbox 360 was easier to develop for and also started earlier than the PS3, they never really came up with any really good exclusives, not to mention that Microsoft simply stopped creating any good games for it for a long time now. Now that they focus more on entertainment I really have my doubts that the Xbox One will last long with its exclusive games. Sure they have a nice starting line-up, but so did the Xbox 360. The problem is, what comes after? Probably nothing, again.

Additionally, Sony has naughty dog up on it's sleeve... In my opinion they guarantee High quality Games...

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

xbox one

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Not a decision I will be making for atleast 3 years, if at all.
I also hate playstation controllers especially the cheaply made tacky PS3 ones.

If R* was going to port V to next gen, don't you think they would have done that with SA? It's not gonna happen because the game can never be as good as they'd want it to be for a next gen game. They will work on something else, even if it is the PC port.

Now if they'd made V on next gen they'd definatly port it back and it'd be pretty poor on current gen. But it'll be pretty poor on next gen so they won't do it.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

I am getting the ps4. The ps4 is more powerful. Can't post the specs right now, but look it up for yourself.

Microsoft bumped up the power on their Xbox, so that's not a big deal now. :)

i made the mistake of getting the 360 this gen and missed out on last of us, unchartered, Heavy Rain, journey, and god of war...all i got were halo and gears both of which are ludicrous.

PS4's online will be as good as live and the PS4 controller is much larger...and the xbox1 is targeting casuals/females the way that the nintendo wi did back in the day, whereas the PS4 is all about the games.

Much larger? It's not, they're about the same as the old generation, therefore the xbox controller is bigger. Targeting casuals/females? LOL what?

I will start with an xbox one, even if the price is $100 more, you get the camera and the awesome connection with your television cable company. Though, will end up with both eventually. :^:

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

I have both systems but I prefer my PS3 but I feel no one can make that call yet as to which system they FEEL is better because no one has one yet.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Ps4 because its way more powerful, when prices drop ill get an Xbox One also as there are exclusives on xbox i want to play also.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Ps4 cuz its better and stronger + better controller, no xbox live. 10times more exclusives as xbox. Ps4 looks better, gran turismo. I want a gameconsole not an big socialmedia box. Ps4 is earlier on release. You not sold? wait its $100 cheaper as xbox.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

I hate the ps4 controller so I have to go with the xbox one.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Ps4 because its way more powerful, when prices drop ill get an Xbox One also as there are exclusives on xbox i want to play also.

ma chana saga got get xbox one bossman innit ok.

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

As much as I love my 360 I'll be getting a PS4, simply because it's cheaper. I know the Xbox One comes with Kinect, but my current Kinect has been an ornament for the past year or two. And as for all the additional media stuff the Xbox One can do, well Microsoft ain’t always the best as making something do everything. As a minimalist I like my games console to be a games console and my media centre to be a media centre.

As for the performance thing from what I've read from different developers the PS4 has a slight edge due to RAM speeds, but the difference between the two will probably only be noticeable to the most anal fanboy.

I am glad the PS4 has a new controller as the 360 controller felt much more comfortable, however I did have a PS1 and PS2 so sure I would have got used to it if they did not change it. Only problem is getting used to the bloody blue X position again... after more than half a decade of having a 360 I still sometimes hit X as if it was a PS controller :p.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users