Photo

Dissapointed with the Towns

56 replies to this topic
TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

I don't know if peoples hopes were way too high or what but this map in my opinion looks amazing and very detailed, not to mention it's huge. I really don't understand why people are disappointed.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

I really wasn't expecting that many, since I've been following the Mapping Los Santos thread.

I'm really curious about what we'll be able to do in all of that empty mountainside space.

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

I don't know if peoples hopes were way too high or what but this map in my opinion looks amazing and very detailed, not to mention it's huge. I really don't understand why people are disappointed.

R* said it will contain a lot of towns and villages, but no more than one city. There are like 3 biggish towns(Paleto,Grapeseed,Sandy Shores) and 2-3 small small ones(Harmony, Chumash, north Chumash) and the enigmatic North Yantown. I really expected more than that TBH. At least 5-7 biggish towns.

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

i bet u still dont see the gif. u should see , it would change your thought about the map size. and stop complain anymore.

This thread has nothing to do with the size of the map, but with the number or size of the small towns. While Sandy Shores and Grapespeed looks ok, the rest is meh. Expected more setlements to go outside of LS, thats it. It is a big big space between LS and ALamo see with 0 towns, really interesting

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

I think the only real disappointment about the map, at least for me, is that Mount Josiah and Mount Chilliad are just complete empty space.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

Grapeseed doesnt look much like a town and neither does Chumash.

While I'm not disappointed, and some people are using that word too freely, I did expect R* to have more towns other than the already named Paleto and Sandy Shores. It'll all be good though

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

I think the only real disappointment about the map, at least for me, is that Mount Josiah and Mount Chilliad are just complete empty space.

What do you expect to be there, they are mountains... maybe trails but no big towns or anything.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

I'm a bit disappointed in the size of them but if EVERY town is unique and has a purpose of being there then I'm find by it. 

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

What do you expect to be there, they are mountains... maybe trails but no big towns or anything.

Maybe he expected there to be a supermarket at the top for all the hikers.

Pantera2198
  • Pantera2198

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

Did YOU SEE how small you are in the middle of that CITY ?...

Dude the map is massive with a HUGE city and suburbs with small towns up north 

like in real life big city...

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but where is Strawberry?

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

well.... RDR map was full of nothing.... at least there is something here

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

R* said it will contain a lot of towns and villages, but no more than one city. There are like 3 biggish towns(Paleto,Grapeseed,Sandy Shores) and 2-3 small small ones(Harmony, Chumash, north Chumash) and the enigmatic North Yantown. I really expected more than that TBH. At least 5-7 biggish towns.

Chumash is quite a decently sized stretch. North Chumash looks small and Harmony looks small-ish, the unnamed village looks quite small too. I'm sure all will be varied enough.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

The tiny little towns in Red Dead Redemption were full of life and things to do. The towns in GTAV are much bigger.  Here are Blackwater and Thieves Landing to scale with towns in GTAV:

41NzQct.jpg

C8Av9mI.jpg

There were more separate towns in San Andreas but Rockstar is doing the same thing they did by not having San Fierro and Las Venturas, giving us fewer but bigger small towns that should have more depth and unique character.

• Kaster likes this

SNEAKN80
  • SNEAKN80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

This is such a depressing day for the forums.

I agree wholeheartedly brotha....

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

The tiny little towns in Red Dead Redemption were full of life and things to do. The towns in GTAV are much bigger.  Here are Blackwater and Thieves Landing to scale with towns in GTAV:

41NzQct.jpg

C8Av9mI.jpg

There were more separate towns in San Andreas but Rockstar is doing the same thing they did by not having San Fierro and Las Venturas, giving us fewer but bigger small towns that should have more depth and unique character.

And there will definitely be plenty to do in each.

TotesMagotes
  • TotesMagotes

Totes Magotes

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Did R* say a lot of ''biggish towns'' ? No. I see 6 or 7 towns, and some villages that may not be visible because of the scale. Which also might make the big towns look small. Regardless, you might have gotten your hopes, unjustifiably too high.

B1GB0SS
  • B1GB0SS

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

Well, I for one am really looking forward to plenty of wilderness. Can you imagine spending days out in the wild lands? Sounds exciting to me.

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Well, I for one am really looking forward to plenty of wilderness. Can you imagine spending days out in the wild lands? Sounds exciting to me.

Yes, it's going to be brilliant. Just some are never pleased.

supperman
  • supperman

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

sh*t the f*ck up OP you salty whore!

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

i think the gta 4 map doesnt even cover that city part... its a huge map and theres so much stuff to do inside. games like JC 2  had a huge map but with no activites.

Gifbrah
  • Gifbrah

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

It's not that the map is small, it's that it doesn't seem (and I'm only speculating here, as I haven't played the game) as diverse as San Andreas was. The cultural differences between the cities in SA were grand, and even though it took you 2 minutes to fly across the map, it felt like quite a distance because of how different the cities were. There is no question the Rockstar worked their asses off, and that GTAV will be an amazing game, and that it will feel large.
  • latigreblue likes this

bluebomber84
  • bluebomber84

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

I had hopes grapeseed was ganna be a lil bit bigger but im happy with what we get

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:28 PM Edited by ACR, 11 September 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Grapeseed doesnt look much like a town and neither does Chumash.

Yea, after i closely observed Grapeseed from the map i noticed that it doesn't have police station and hospital, even if it does look like it's larger urban area, it's more likely a village with a lot of streets with houses and farms in between. That leaves us with Paleto Bay and Sandy Shores which to be honest doesn't look decent sized, just 3-4 streets each.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Besides Paleto, there is no other sizeable town.  Some might say Sandy Shores, but from what we've seen, it appears to be many empty sandy blocks with mobile homes and a few businesses.  There is a medical clinic and sheriff substation there though.

Paleto is a fully functioning, and established town.  Can't wait to explore it.

Grapeseed is farm fields.  It might be the least developed of all of them.  There appears to be a small business corridor on the eastern section of the farm fields in the area known as Grapeseed.

Overall, can't wait to play and explore this game.

Chumash, while only two roads, might seem like a decent sized waterside community.  More urban then say Paleto, and certainly more so then Grapeseed (rural) and Sandy Shores (rural).

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Disappointment.. confirmed!

ClassicChamploo
  • ClassicChamploo

Mugen ∞

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

tumblr_m52tfiDKu41qkpz3uo1_250.gif