Photo

Dissapointed with the Towns

56 replies to this topic
Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

FFS so few towns/villages. If the map is real thats it(no point not revealing extra towns) or the map is not real, but only a very very good fake.

Sandy Shores, Grapessed, Paleto Bay, Chumash and you could say Ford Zancudo. 

Paleto Bay is pretty small small, Chumash consits only few houses/villas, Sandy Shores is ahem ok, while Grapessed is the only one big and respected. Why arent more towns like Grapessed, honestly I expected at least 4 towns as big as Grapessed and not only 1. Why isnt an small island with a small town, somewhere to land for example. Rockstar always made small islands and its pretty cool, now we have 0, only one big island. Small islands(not like Just Case 2 all over the place), but small islands looks great to explore and makes the whole map look better and interesting.

Now I am happy with the giant map as a whole( except for a few islands), I am happy with LS size, but I am not happy with the number of small towns.

Now let us look at the latest map on a close up. Why there is not a town in Tonga Valley, that place is huge of nothing, should be one there. Another one in great Chaparral.

• ViceCityBestGame likes this

Rockteur
  • Rockteur

The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

You forgot North Yankton. 

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

I share your feelings. 

I thought there would be more towns on the north coast.   Now there's no real reason to go up there, especially without another major airport.

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

You forgot North Yankton. 

its interesting with that place, because we dont know if it exists first and second how big it is and its surroundings. If we get to explore it, is it another island, I am really curios especially if we can explore it. Norh Yankton with that snow and maybe winter acitivites looks as a whole new mini GTA game :))

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by black_benz, 11 September 2013 - 02:51 PM.

snip

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

There's also Harmony, North Chumash and this unnamed village, settlements aren't as sparsely spread as we think.

332.jpg

Skitzo100
  • Skitzo100

Windy city

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Why cause you thought you get San Diego,sf, and lv? Smh. This what happens when people pay to much on analysis Over logic.
  • FatMug and 87CrosbyPensMalkin71 like this

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Los Santos is no bigger than Shoreside Vale

Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

"I'm disappointed with the towns I haven't played in yet!"

• FatMug, Outplug and urban_RED_NECK like this

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Oh wow you already played the game and now your disappointed? Shame!

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by TechNoir87, 11 September 2013 - 12:29 AM.

There's also Harmony, North Chumash and this unnamed village, settlements aren't as sparsely spread as we think.

332.jpg

I think I see this on the map, I'm guessing it's the tiny little village west of Sandy Shores, but I could be wrong..Or east of Grapeseed.

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

awake

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Los Santos is no bigger than Shoreside Vale

i think you mean "no. of times bigger" :)

also, that huge nothing is bound to be full of somethings too small to show on the map.

I can imagine tiny hamlets with no roads full of inbreds, hunters cabins, shooting ranges, survivalist outposts, wildlife observation spots, places to commune with nature, marijuana farms...

on the more outlandish side, perhaps there are spooky areas with lights in the sky, bigfoot sightings, mysterious hatches in the ground you spend half a season trying to open...

wizwars
  • wizwars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

I feel like the theme of this game is "quality versus quantity". Thus far I've seen a lot of people complain about the map size, the fact that there is only one city, not enough airports, not enough towns...but we haven't played the game. From screenshots and videos I've seen, based on my knowledge of real life Southern California from living here the past decade, there is a lot of f*cking detail on this map. Way more than we've seen in any previous GTA game. Of course, just looking at a map, you can't see this. 

There were more towns in San Andreas but they were tiny, completely lacking in detail, and just felt boring, generic and dead. There was absolutely no reason to explore them. The pictures I've seen of the towns in GTA V give me the impression that they each have their own unique look and feel, and are not just generic clumps of similar non-descript buildings. I like that. 

• FatMug likes this

stumbows
  • stumbows

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

I was a bit disappointed with the towns at first also but then I thought there's probably tonnes of farm houses and other buildings around etc that may not even have been shown on the map. The only map we have seen is a real broad overview and we might find there is a much more detailed map coming with the game which will show tonnes more stuff.

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I think it's funny, while a lot of you are complaining, I'm sitting here in awe at what I see, you're all just looking at it from the map point of view, but think of it on land view, it's gonna be impressive.

• FatMug and Baron von Doom like this

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

ehh its not because of that, but only based on the latest map with everyone seems to say is the one, is legit. So the number of towns on that is very small and could have been more especially in some big areas of nothing.

grovestreet8
  • grovestreet8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

I think people are jumping to too many conclusions here, fuelled by the fact that there's six days to go. If I were R*, I'd be creating six different maps and leaking five of them just to keep the speculation going!

• AtomicPunk likes this

Rixion
  • Rixion

jenna mcdougall<3

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

ehh its not because of that, but only based on the latest map with everyone seems to say is the one, is legit. So the number of towns on that is very small and could have been more especially in some big areas of nothing.

The map does not show the buildings around "town areas"... for all we know Harmony could be decent sized.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

The map is huge... still.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

This is such a depressing day for the forums.

Get used to it there's still a week left.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

At first I thought there were too few, but upon reflection I think I will appreciate the towns more because they're far apart and it will make me feel like I have to travel far to get there.

maliksharife
  • maliksharife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lWr4EAZ9taw op is an idiot

THC 300
  • THC 300

hombre condón

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

stab city anyone?

jnasty919
  • jnasty919

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

FFS so few towns/villages. If the map is real thats it(no point not revealing extra towns) or the map is not real, but only a very very good fake.

Sandy Shores, Grapessed, Paleto Bay, Chumash and you could say Ford Zancudo. 

Paleto Bay is pretty small small, Chumash consits only few houses/villas, Sandy Shores is ahem ok, while Grapessed is the only one big and respected. Why arent more towns like Grapessed, honestly I expected at least 4 towns as big as Grapessed and not only 1. Why isnt an small island with a small town, somewhere to land for example. Rockstar always made small islands and its pretty cool, now we have 0, only one big island. Small islands(not like Just Case 2 all over the place), but small islands looks great to explore and makes the whole map look better and interesting.

Now I am happy with the giant map as a whole( except for a few islands), I am happy with LS size, but I am not happy with the number of small towns.

Now let us look at the latest map on a close up. Why there is not a town in Tonga Valley, that place is huge of nothing, should be one there. Another one in great Chaparral.

simple, dont buy the game if you are so disappointed fa**ot.

grovestreet8
  • grovestreet8

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

The map does not show the buildings around "town areas"... for all we know Harmony could be decent sized.

That's what I thought, there's bound to be smaller settlements along the way that aren't on the map either

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Im a bit disappointed as well to be honest. But I think it boils down to the fact that the map isnt even closely tailored to what I would expect it to be.

When the game was announced I thought there was no way that there would only be one city.

When they said Los Santos only I thought there would be another small city that wasnt SF or LV

When they said only Los Santos and Blaine County I thought there would be dozens of small towns scattered about the map

The map is mostly uninhabited mountain ranges(from what we can tell), and like OP said there are only a few towns in this "massive" map. Its just not what I envisioned which, isnt bad, but it is disappointing.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

The day no one complains about something they haven't got yet - Will be a good day.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'll break yo neck.

Alexey86
  • Alexey86

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Im a bit disappointed as well to be honest. But I think it boils down to the fact that the map isnt even closely tailored to what I would expect it to be.

When the game was announced I thought there was no way that there would only be one city.

When they said Los Santos only I thought there would be another small city that wasnt SF or LV

When they said only Los Santos and Blaine County I thought there would be dozens of small towns scattered about the map

The map is mostly uninhabited mountain ranges(from what we can tell), and like OP said there are only a few towns in this "massive" map. Its just not what I envisioned which, isnt bad, but it is disappointing.

well thanks for not calling me an idiot or fa**ot. Thats exactly what I was trying to say. I also expected more small towns and even R* said the maps containts lots of villages and towns. Another 3 towns as big as Grapessed would have been more ok. One thing I do like is the diversity between them. Sandy Shores a desert town, Paleto Bay another coast small town, Grapeseed a farm town, Chumash a malibu style town. Its missing a big forest town for example or near a river, its missing a mountain town up up high another example. Of course maybe the real 100% game map will have more but only this towns on the map is dissapointing to me a bit.

Look between LS and Alamo see there is a huge huge portion almost the size of LS with 0 towns negleting the desert with Sandy Shores part.

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

i bet u still dont see the gif. u should see , it would change your thought about the map size. and stop complain anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users