Canadians Who Pre-Ordered from EB-Games

Dispatch Date
28 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by Audiophile, 12 September 2013 - 12:57 AM.

I sent EB-Games in Canada an email asking them when they are dispatching V pre-orders. I knew the answer would likely be the 16th but I just wanted to have that official confirmation to back it up.

Here is the response I got:

Good afternoon Alexander,

Thank you for contacting EBGames.ca !

In order to be compliant with the official release for GTA V, web orders for this game will only start shipping out as of Monday September 16 to allow a maximum of deliveries for the release date of the game.

Please make sure to track the progress of your shipment on the day following your shipping confirmation notification to ensure the delivery was not missed.

Regards,

As expected but a lot of people have been wondering since some outlets are said to be dispatching starting on the 13th and others are waiting until the 16th as asked by R*.

Just a heads up to the people who were not aware and were wondering when their shipping confirmation would come.

EDIT:

Also keep in mind that EB ships with Purolator. EB Canada's warehouse is located at 8995 Airport Road in Brampton, Ontario so that is the location it will go from to one of Purolator's sorting facilities before it is delivered to you by Purolator.

Now I am sure many Canadians know Purolator has a bit of a reputation where their drivers "pretend" to deliver the package and then drive it back to their depot, making you come pick it up. It depends on the area and the driver but as soon as you see the driver I would get to the door as quickly as possible.

If you live in an apartment and you did not provide a buzz code, they may not even try to contact you to get it so they can bring it up.

They don't like searching through the directory. If you haven't provided a buzz code, contact Purolator as soon as you get the tracking number and have them add it. It'll ensure the driver will actually bother.

You can easily contact them via their live support if you do not feel like calling them up.

I am sure this is obvious to a lot of people, especially those who have pre-ordered previously but I just wanted to get all of this information in here so that people are aware.

I reckon that EB will be sending out confirmation of shipping emails on the 13th or 16th. Definitely by the 16th you will have a tracking number to follow on Purolator's site.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Pre-ordered from EB at a mall here in Toronto. Will try to pick it up on the Midnight release. Unfortunately they didn't have SE so I just picked up the regular game. Haven't ever been to any midnight releases so I ope it'll be quick.

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

I just wrote about it here (in Norway). There they will start shipping 2 working-days ahead. Which means on Friday the 15th.

http://gtaforums.com...w-days-earlier/

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Thanks again for the helpful information!

I originally ordered it from amazon, but even at like, the 1-2 day shipping option it was like "Estimated delivery date: Sept 25-26" and I DID NOT trust that one bit lol.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

I updated the OP with some information that people might find useful.

It seems like a bit much but I really don't mind and like to be as informative as possible since I know people do have these questions.

CJ_Banshee
  • CJ_Banshee

KCCO

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I pre ordered the CE from my EB games here and I'm gonna go to the midnight release. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad lol

sithren
  • sithren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Great post, Audiophile. 

I did not know EB games ships they day before release. I ordered from Ottawa. Kind of wish they used UPS for express shipping. They leave my order in my mail box.

Hopefully someone will be home when the purolator guy shows up. I doubt it, though. They are usually pretty early at my house. 

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

Purolator does leave packages at your door, if you live in a house and there is no answer. That is, should they deem it as a "safe" area to leave the package. This does not extend to apartments for obvious reasons.

Glad you find my post informative. Wanted to answer as many questions as I could for people in the OP.

sithren
  • sithren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

Yeah, there does seem to be some logic to when they leave a package. Something big enough to fit in the mail box usually is left at the door. I'm hoping that is what happens.

Can't wait!

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:25 AM Edited by Mark Pagliaro, 12 September 2013 - 04:26 AM.

Paid my CE in full today. Will be going to the midnight release at Trainyards EB Games in Ottawa.

I've only ever ordered one game online at that's was because I had a gift card and was out of province when I used it. I just feel if I live in the city there really is no advantage to ordering online especially if I want to be able to control when I get it. Sometime in the hour after the clock strikes midnight.

YusufAmirFan
  • YusufAmirFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

For the people that pre-ordered at an EB Games store, did you get one of those preorder posters? When I did my preorder they had run out of them

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

For the people that pre-ordered at an EB Games store, did you get one of those preorder posters? When I did my preorder they had run out of them

No, I didn't which pissed me off as when I came in they were sold out on SE so I just bought the regular edition because f*ck paying money for CE.

sithren
  • sithren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I just checked my online order and noticed that they added a poster promo item to my order. Wasn't there when I originally ordered. So it looks like I will receive a poster in the mail.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

I just noticed the exact same when I checked my order around 4 p.m.

They also added the lithograph to the LE guide.

They are preparing.....

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

I wonder when I will be getting charged for my guide

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

I was just charged for my pre-order of the special edition.

No confirmation email from EB tho but they have definitely charged me and you can no longer change the shipping method in order history. I have the LE guide pre-ordered as well and that can still be changed as EB hasn't charged me for it yet.

But they're starting to charge people for the game itself, guys.

kb8618
  • kb8618

"I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ig

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by kb8618, 14 September 2013 - 02:42 AM.

If EB wanted to ensure the game arrives on the 17th and only have one warehouse then they should of sent out of province and rual addressed parcels friday, and the rest early monday (GTA, Hamilton, K-W-C, Ottawa, Windsor....)

I hate Purolator, i permaently blacklisted that company from the ones i will deal with simply cuz they never buzzed my unit, it was on the parcel and on a printed list in the lobby and didnt even leave a missed delivery notice.

DobertReniro
  • DobertReniro

Pudding Pop.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

My order is still "Open" and I have Express Shipping....hope I get it on Tuesday, I live in Quebec, Canada.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:22 AM Edited by Audiophile, 14 September 2013 - 04:25 AM.

My order is still open, too but they have charged me for it. The money has been taken off my credit card.

If you try to change your shipping option, you'll notice it won't let you. This is because it's already been prepared by EB, they only update it and give you a tracking number once the package leaves their warehouse and is with Purolator (or at least just before).

I imagine we'll get our emails with the tracking number on the 16th.
  • DobertReniro likes this

DobertReniro
  • DobertReniro

Pudding Pop.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

My order is still open, too but they have charged me for it. The money has been taken off my credit card.

If you try to change your shipping option, you'll notice it won't let you. This is because it's already been prepared by EB, they only update it and give you a tracking number once the package leaves their warehouse and is with Purolator (or at least just before).

I imagine we'll get our emails with the tracking number on the 16th.

I just checked and you are right! Can't change the shipping. Great to hear man, thank you!

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

No problem, glad to be of help!

I wish EB Canada had a more in depth order tracking system. The money was taken off my credit card and I can no longer change my shipping option (express) so that's sign enough.

Still waiting for movement on my LE guide.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

I agree with what you said about Purolator, talk about slacking at your job...

Pre-ordered from my local EbGames, right next to Ottawa, but since it's illegal to be opened after midnight in Quebec, I'll be there at 8 :(

sithren
  • sithren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Same thing happened here. My credit card was charged for the game. Can't wait.

starjay001
  • starjay001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

I am picking 2 SEs for the PS3 and 360 on Tuesday morning in Toronto. Can't wait my friends !!!!! 

ScarySquirrel
  • ScarySquirrel

Bawbag

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by ScarySquirrel, 16 September 2013 - 01:20 AM.

I think I've been charged, well, something for Gamestop is showing on my statement from Friday, but it's for about $12 less than it should be. My total order for the SE is $101 ( :O), which includes $10.49 shipping and $10 odd for tax, but my credit card is only showing $89, so I'm not sure what's happened there.

Anyway, I'm in Vancouver, so I'm hoping it gets here in time. NHL was shipped on a Monday and got here the next day, with free shipping, so it should be fine.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

I'm in Toronto and will be going to the Eaton Centre midnight release (subject to change). Does anyone know how crowded that sh*t will be? Or what time is a good time to show up?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

I would expect Eaton Centre to be pretty crowded since it's...the Eaton Centre, so it would be a good idea to show up early.

You should call them tomorrow and try to find out how many they are expecting to gauge just how early.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I would expect Eaton Centre to be pretty crowded since it's...the Eaton Centre, so it would be a good idea to show up early.

You should call them tomorrow and try to find out how many they are expecting to gauge just how early.

I have been trying to call them but it seems as if the number listed on the EB Games website does not exist... I may just go early in the morning.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

So I am already playing the game because of digital (EU version since I also have an EU account) but I wanted to post here and let you guys know that your tracking info should be updated now.

Purolator says my LE guide and SE have both arrived at their sorting facility.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users