map
22 replies to this topic
R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yes, the map does look small.

However, I do not think we are taking into account a few details, i.e. size of our character and the amount of thing there are to engage ourselves in.

Im not going to post the map, because it in relation to leaked details I believe, correct me if Im wrong....

but I can google that for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gta+v+map+leak

Just look at the map and try to image the size of your character; seriously, zoom reaaaaal close and check out all the little details. Now, in relation to the average size of our protaganists, lets say 5'7; the size of the map becomes overwhelmingly big. I'd imagine most of the buildings are able to be entered.

Also to be taken into account is the fact that R* is trying their hand at being very in depth with the interactivity this time around. Consider it an experiment if you will, just like GTA IV was an experiment with the level of detail they were trying to achieve in GTAV, thi is their first try at something so detailed and interactive.

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

If it was a 1:1 scale of the US it would be too small for some people.
  • FatMug and Outplug like this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Playable area is just over 25 square miles. Nothing immense, but should be plenty big enough for tons of good times. 

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

f*ck....these threads

Can't wait for 17th, not only because the game is out, but I can avoid seeing moronically insane threads like this one.....
  • FatMug likes this

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

yes the map does look small

you say this like it is fact or something...

viticoow
  • viticoow

Xbox 360 Player

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

gtavmapaof_kotakubr02.jpg

Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Stop saying "we". Speak for your-f*cking-self please.

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

I really dont care, its bigger then IV, so that alone makes me happy,  I am going to busy enjoying the game to really care about the size

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

We have mountains to jump off and kill ourselves, planes to fly, underwater treasures to explore, submarines, tanks, laser guns!!!!! WTF could you want more!!!!???? People will never be happy :(

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Do I need to say more?

cUKxF2h.gif

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Another map thread :sui: are the mods allowing this?

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

It's not the size of the map...it's how you use it!

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Another map thread :sui: are the mods allowing this?

No.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I think people got their dick out and compared the size of the image with it, and they realized how small both are.

Stop complaining for fk sake... GTA SA Map was a grain of salt compared to this and was the most fun game of all games I played in my life.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Most of the people on these forums are atrocious.

Who talks to people like the way a few of you have in here alone? I can handle the fact that its the internet, but come now. I'm not complaining at all; I swear its like nobody ever reads the initial post if its characters exceed the length of an average text message.

Should I have said 'most people' instead of 'we', yes, but one guy said this thread was 'moronically insane'.

THERE'S ZERO NEW INFO out right now but I've seen other threads just like this and I can promise you that they aren't even a semi-rational form of thought in most of them; I atleast took the time and stated how its going to better than we all realize and STILL some people who lack basic comprehension skills comment without processing the information.

Its a forum for discussions; I was attempting to talk about the level of interaction that is in the game, not just map size. How hard is it to keep on moving to another topic you like instead of just being rude in a thread you don't care for?

TL;DR = Most of you on here are extremely disrespectful due to internet anonymity and lack basic skills to interact with strangers, along with basic comprehension skills.

But...ImnotevenmadBRO

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

You mad bro?

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

I think the people who think it is small think that because a lot of it is so sparse and under populated. The map itself looks huge, massive parts of the coast seem to have nothing on them though.. same goes with huge sways of the north. I think its just unlabled to avoid clutter but we shall see in a few days.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

You mad bro?

NahBRO. I'm not even mad.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

However, I do not think we are taking into account a few details, i.e. size of our character and the amount of thing there are to engage ourselves in.

Im not going to post the map, because it in relation to leaked details I believe, correct me if Im wrong....

Just look at the map and try to image the size of your character; seriously, zoom reaaaaal close and check out all the little details. Now, in relation to the average size of our protaganists, lets say 5'7; the size of the map becomes overwhelmingly big. I'd imagine most of the buildings are able to be entered.

Also to be taken into account is the fact that R* is trying their hand at being very in depth with the interactivity this time around. Consider it an experiment if you will, just like GTA IV was an experiment with the level of detail they were trying to achieve in GTAV, thi is their first try at something so detailed and interactive.

Ya don't say DiNozzo ***** Gibbs Slap :yawn: ****

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

I think the people who think it is small think that because a lot of it is so sparse and under populated. The map itself looks huge, massive parts of the coast seem to have nothing on them though.. same goes with huge sways of the north. I think its just unlabled to avoid clutter but we shall see in a few days.

That's what I'm saying. That one .gif alone, the one where it zooms all the way in on micheal in the map, just makes my head implode. The level of interactivity is going to be vast and borderline over-whelming I feel.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ya don't say DiNozzo ***** Gibbs Slap :yawn: ****

I get what you're going for, but I feel like I've seen you try to push that joke around here too much; I hate to break it to you but its just not ever going to be funny.

NFPM
  • NFPM

Adrenaline Junkie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

It's pointless to have a new thread about the map because there's already a few, why do you keep creating new ones, discuss this on the already created threads, you don't even need to use the search button, it's all over the GTA V main forum page.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

You mad bro?

me no mad me get angry ok bossman innit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users