Photo

Sleep Paralysis

12 replies to this topic
ViceCity09
  • ViceCity09

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Waking up this morning was quite a frightening experience. I awoke from my sleep yet I couldn't actually get up or move. It felt exactly like there was an evil presence in the room pushing down on me preventing me from getting up. I have never experienced this before so I genuinely thought there was a spirit doing this to me and I do not believe in ghosts or spirits.

Strangely I could also make out what appeared to be a demon sillhouette behind my curtain right next to me. I couldn't speak either and it all felt so real but then I dropped back Into consciousness and realised it was a dream of some sort but it all felt frighteningly real.

I did a bit of research and have found out that it's called sleep paralysis. It's very scary the first time it happens to you. Anyone here experienced this?

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

It was real, for the most part. The only thing that was fake was the devil sillhouette, that was just your mind playing tricks on you.

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

My sister suffers from Sleep Paralysis aswell and she says every time before see wakes up with a paralysis attack she is always dreaming about someone dying. Weird....

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

Sleep paralisis is perfectly natural, it is what stops you from acting out your dreams and sleep walking. I used to try to enduce it in my younger years, it can be pretty trippy and fun when you know what is happening. It's worth noting that the vast majority of people who experience it (99% or so) only experience it when they wake up on their back, it doesn't seem to happen when sleeping on your side or front.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Yeah i have those a lot.

Good and funny article on Cracked that discusses sleep paralysis.

http://www.cracked.c...out-warning_p2/

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

I actually induced this once while trying to lucid dream. Those patterns and stuff you see in the dark got really vibrant, but I got really uncomfortable. So, I had to force myself up and just fall asleep normally. One day, I hope I can actually have a lucid dream like people describe them. I've been trying to keep a dream log for the past few days to increase my chances.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

I actually induced this once while trying to lucid dream. Those patterns and stuff you see in the dark got really vibrant, but I got really uncomfortable. So, I had to force myself up and just fall asleep normally. One day, I hope I can actually have a lucid dream like people describe them. I've been trying to keep a dream log for the past few days to increase my chances.

I don't know what method you use to try to induce lucid dreaming, but I always had best results by sleeping for around 8 hours, wake up for 30 minutes to an hour but do nothing, then go back to sleep. Throws you straight back into REM sleep. If you wake up during a lucid dream, close your eyes and imagine yourself spinning around, you'll feel like you're actually spinning after a short while (quite intense) and you'll be thrown back into a dream.

Another idea is to constantly test reality in waking life. I used to always check my watch, look away and then check it again to see if the time had changed (as it will in a dream), if you can make it a habit in waking life, you might just do it in a dream and when you notice the time difference you can often realize that you're dreaming without waking up. I didn't have as much luck with this method though.

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

Never anything like this. Only experienced Lucid Dreaming.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

definitely had the same experience,though it was long ago around 2009.it was scary for me because it happened at night.i remember waking up (or thought i was) looking at the ceiling.i couldnt move anything,which then i started to panic.there was such a strong negative vibe in the room which got me breathing deep and faster and moving my eyes looking around i could see some sort of black spirit?or something near the door,then soon warped to the left side of me.

i tried turning my head but could only see in my peripherals of what looked like a little girl,long black hair,couldnt see the face i was scared as f*ck i finally snapped in shock out of it sweatin bullets.ever since that id never sleep face up on my back..

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

I've hear it just happens if you sleep facing up, so in the case that's actually correct, I don't think I'll ever experience it. It has to be interesting though; I saw somewhere that the people who claim to have been abducted while they were in bed were actually experiencing sleep paralysis :trippy:

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

No way I was actually worried about experiencing something like this the other night. I've never experienced it and don't want to, to be honest.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

I don't know what method you use to try to induce lucid dreaming, but I always had best results by sleeping for around 8 hours, wake up for 30 minutes to an hour but do nothing, then go back to sleep. Throws you straight back into REM sleep. If you wake up during a lucid dream, close your eyes and imagine yourself spinning around, you'll feel like you're actually spinning after a short while (quite intense) and you'll be thrown back into a dream.

Personally that method is pretty crappy, the best way is to set an alarm a while before you would wake up. As soon as the alarm wakes you, hit snooze for 5-10 minutes, and keep doing so, if you're in the right state of mind you can keep doing this for several hours, I have woken at 6 am and dreamt all the way to 12PM before, that's 6 hours of dreaming, and because you keep awakening yourself, it's easy to get into  a lucid dream because you are partially aware that you're dreaming.
You have to get lucky at what stage of sleep you are in for it to work though, sometimes you just perk right up, what you want is that real heavy eyelid feel you get before going to work where you just wanna go back to sleep.

athande
  • athande

MDCCLXXVI

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Personally that method is pretty crappy, the best way is to set an alarm a while before you would wake up. As soon as the alarm wakes you, hit snooze for 5-10 minutes, and keep doing so, if you're in the right state of mind you can keep doing this for several hours, I have woken at 6 am and dreamt all the way to 12PM before, that's 6 hours of dreaming, and because you keep awakening yourself, it's easy to get into  a lucid dream because you are partially aware that you're dreaming.
You have to get lucky at what stage of sleep you are in for it to work though, sometimes you just perk right up, what you want is that real heavy eyelid feel you get before going to work where you just wanna go back to sleep.

I also believe that this is the best method to induce lucid dreams and OOBE's. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users