Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why does my laptop keep poping out of sleep mode?

3 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

I don't always post here, but I got a legit question. My Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista keeps powering itself out of sleep mode in the middle of the night. It's really annoying. I'd be sleeping all sound and sh*t in the middle of the night, and out of nowhere, I hear this BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound, and I wake up, and turns out it's my laptop.

Is there any way I can get my laptop to not pop out of sleep mode in the middle of the night? I could try legit turning it off, but it takes about 10 minutes to start back up.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:04 AM Edited by Banana., 11 September 2013 - 12:06 AM.

You might have Windows update or an Anti-Virus set to install updates or scan during the middle of the night. Mine does the same thing.

v3ooxv.jpg
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

You might have Windows update or an Anti-Virus set to install updates or scan during the middle of the night. Mine does the same thing.

v3ooxv.jpg

Thanks amigo! I followed the instructions and changed the updates to a time more convenient for me. Thanks, amigo :)

Seluryar
  • Seluryar

Pilot For Hire

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Look for an option in your advanced power options called wake timers and disable that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users