» «
Photo

GTA Launcher

23 replies to this topic
OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by OzzySM12, 11 October 2013 - 07:41 PM.

logo.png

-Download Now-

From GTA Garage

From my website

Why have eight or more icons on your desktop when you only need to have one?
Clean up your desktop and launch all your GTA games and mods from one simple window with GTA Launcher.

What Is GTA Launcher?
GTA Launcher is a small program that will allow you to clean up your dektop by having one icon to launch any of your GTA games or mods.

What Games Does GTA Launcher Work With?
GTA Launcher supports GTA 1, GTA London, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City and upto 8 custom mods.

How Do I Install GTA Launcher?
GTA Launcher comes with a simple installer that will install GTA Launcher, place an icon on your desktop and in your start menu (if you wish).

What Size Should I Make My Custom Images?
Background image: 640 x 360
Launch & settings button images: 64 x 64
Game/Mod switch button images: 24 x 64

How Can I Show My Appreciation?
By simply posting a thank you comment on GTA Garage or GTA Forums I'll know my time and effort has been worth wile.
But if you are feeling really generous you can donate a little something via my website listed above.

What Does GTA Launcher Look Like?
thumb_57730.jpg
View more screenshots on my website.

Change Log

**** 1.1.0 ****
(Added) Mod launching - Launch upto 8 custom mods.
(Added) Launch another EXE before the game EXE (Includes wait settings).
(Added) Option to hide buttons of games that are not installed.
(Added) Tool tip's to display game or mod titles over buttons.
(Changed) Buttons replaced with images (Enabled, Disabled, Hover & Pressed).
(Changed) Settings file IO now handled by application.

**** 1.0.0 ****
Initial release

• S Y E D likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

Really nice program. Although, could you add support for the Vice City Stories mod?

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Really nice program. Although, could you add support for the Vice City Stories mod?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :).

Good idea :cookie:. I'll have a look into adding support for mods like VCS.

S Y E D
  • S Y E D

Dim Mak!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

Good job buddy!
Can you post some screenshot of the launcher on the first post?

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Good job buddy!
Can you post some screenshot of the launcher on the first post?

Quick screenshot I took. Set the destination for your GTA games then just click on the game, and it starts instantly. No hassle.

493b37275252837.jpg 

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

support could include...

GTA United 1.2

GTA VCS PC Edition

GTA LCS PC Edition

GTA Project Liberty

GTA San Vice

and Things To Do in San Andreas

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:51 AM Edited by HPro, 11 September 2013 - 02:52 AM.

That some great sh*t dude ;) Here is a picture of this Awesome Program:

GTA%20Launcher.png

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Good idea, i have a rockstar games launcher on my own too:

ypf3.th.jpg  

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for everyones comments :).

I have added screenshots of the main program and the two settings windows so everyone can see what they get before they download and install it, as well as the dimentions of the images to make customizing your GTA Launcher easier.

I'm also going to look into adding some sort of mod launcher. Since there could be countless mods, I'm going to look at adding a feature were you can add as many extra launch buttons as you please for all your modded versions of your games.

I like the design of that launcher ThirteenAG. May have a look at using images rather than the grey buttons with images on them, although small and fast is my aim for GTA Launcher so wont be going too fancy.

If anyone else has any other suggestions please let me know. I'd also like to see how you have customized your launcher so post your pics :).

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Could you add, a ENB icon at the top of GTA IV & EFLC & San Andreas for ENBInjector launch? it would be great.

So we click to launch enb injector then click to launch the game :D

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Could you add, a ENB icon at the top of GTA IV & EFLC & San Andreas for ENBInjector launch? it would be great.

I will look into adding an option to let you launch programs before launching the main game. Hows that sound?

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

I will look into adding an option to let you launch programs before launching the main game. Hows that sound?

Dat sound great :D

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

innovative, great work

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Here is located the settings file: C:\Users\Murphy\AppData\Local\Murphy's_Place\gta_launcher.exe Could you add a function to remove every others settings folder and stay with the used one? Like a Old useless settings remover because if you change folder use of gta_launcher like move it to desktop then to sa then to my documents, there will be 3 settings file so u know what u have to do :D

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by OzzySM12, 26 September 2013 - 09:49 AM.

Just a quick update to let you know GTA Launcher v1.1 is coming along nicely. I have redesigned the form so you no longer have those grey buttons, they are now images which you can customize by changing the enabled, disabled, hover and pressed images.

I have also added the option to launch another EXE before running the game (thanks for the suggestion HPro). Settings are available to set a delay between launching the 1st EXE and the game, so you can make the program launch one after the other, wait X seconds or wait till the 1st EXE closes.

And after another of HPro's suggestions, GTA Launcher now deals with saving its settings rather that letting .NET deal with it. No matter where GTA Launcher is installed or moved to, it's settings will always be "%localappdata%\Murphy's Place\GTA Launcher\settings.dat".

I am currently working on adding support to add and launch mods. Probably sometime next week we'll see v1.1.

If you would like to help out and beta test v1.1 PM me.

And of course if you have any ideas post them and I'll see what I can do.

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by OzzySM12, 07 October 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Version 1.1 Has been Released

Download
From GTA Garage
From my website

The New Look
thumb_57730.jpg
View more screenshots on my website.

Change Log
(Added) Mod launching - Launch upto 8 custom mods.
(Added) Launch another EXE before the game EXE (Includes wait settings).
(Added) Option to hide buttons of games that are not installed.
(Added) Tool tip's to display game or mod titles over buttons.
(Changed) Buttons replaced with images (Enabled, Disabled, Hover & Pressed).
(Changed) Settings file IO now handled by application.

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Thank you Ozzy for have taken my suggestion but what's the point of Mods if we could launch an exe before the game exe?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 08 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

I like this, although it could use support for .ico files to replace the buttons for some of the games... and maybe the ability to rename some of the main buttons (like GTA IV and Stories, since I dont have them I want to replace them with VCS and LCS which are mods of actual GTA games released on PSP/PS2...)

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

I like this, although it could use support for .ico files to replace the buttons for some of the games...

I'll look into adding support for loading icons.

and maybe the ability to rename some of the main buttons (like GTA IV and Stories, since I dont have them I want to replace them with VCS and LCS which are mods of actual GTA games released on PSP/PS2...)

Thank you Ozzy for have taken my suggestion but what's the point of Mods if we could launch an exe before the game exe?

The point of the mods is for exactly what Ss4gogeta0 has asked about. The games screen is for all your GTA games, and the mods screen is for all your total conversion mods like VCS, LCS, etc. Thanks to TheJAMESGM for suggesting adding support for mods, forgot to thank him in the past.

The term mods may not be the best to describe what they are for. As for Ss4gogeta0 wanting to have all have all his games on the screen at once, I'll look into changing the layout. How does it sound if when you hide games that are not installed, the buttons after that game move down to fill it's space? And rather than a button to toggle what 8 buttons you see, I'll add arrows so you can scroll through the buttons.

Let me know if you have any other ideas or suggestions regarding GTA Launcher or what I've spoke about here, and thanks again for your intrest in GTA Launcher.

HPro
  • HPro

Time to be a Ghost

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I still doesn't understand the point of Mods tab because there is no mod launching for SA & IV.

Maybe call it trainer not Mods.

And you should add a button to hide Mods button.

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I still doesn't understand the point of Mods tab because there is no mod launching for SA & IV.

Vice City Stories PC edition..

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

12 slots for SA & custom .b name file supported? :p

Also, what about the thing we've been discussing? You've been Silent since a while.

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by OzzySM12, 09 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

As TheJAMESGM said, total conversions like Vice City Stories PC edition requires you to modify your SA to make it into VCS.
Since many people still want to play SA, they will just duplicate it so they have SA and VCS. The point of the mods section is to allow people to launch those total conversions as well as still having all the original games.

Really the Mods are just other games you can specify to launch. I'll be changing the terminology in the next version.

As for hiding the mods button, I think I'm going to change the design so rather than having the two sections, there will just be a scroll button on each side to scroll though everything you have installed.

janulkoKE
  • janulkoKE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Good job with this launcher, I've been looking for something like this for a long time. In my opinion it would be even better with the design similar to ThirteenAG's launcher with some cool main character artworks + support for Stories spin-offs on the main screen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users