Photo

Game informer GTA: Online Hands On

Scans Bits of new info
149 replies to this topic
Assassin101
  • Assassin101

Professional GTA assassin

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:10 AM Edited by Knife, 11 September 2013 - 12:44 PM. Removed quotes

I would most certainly object to it being subscription based. 

Why? Do you know how much manpower it takes to build something this complex? They deserve to be compensated. I'm not saying spend $60-120 on a hypothetical subscription like EA and Activision wants with their Battlefield and Call of Poop franchises, but a few bucks from everyone wouldn't be too bad to cough up.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Thanks op.  :panic:

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:56 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 11 September 2013 - 07:58 AM.

Why? Do you know how much manpower it takes to build something this complex? They deserve to be compensated. I'm not saying spend $60-120 on a hypothetical subscription like EA and Activision wants with their Battlefield and Call of Poop franchises, but a few bucks from everyone wouldn't be too bad to cough up.

Stopping that quote train right there, everybody off.

To your point, Rockstar are already set to make £/$1billion+ from the sales of this game. Needless to say they will be compensated for their labour, dedication and hard work.

There will be no need for a subscription based environment in GTA:O. DLC yes, subs and microtransactions? no.

Meyus
  • Meyus

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hope we can call in hookers in our apartment too!

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thanks

XxMASTACHOLOxX
  • XxMASTACHOLOxX

Spoderman sweg

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

This is the first I have heard of many of these features and they all sound bloody AWESOME!!!!!! :) :) :)

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

7vuv.jpg
exiz.jpg
r4cq.jpg

Is there a page missing between these two or are they in the wrong order cause there is a failed image box (the blues quare with question mark in) and the second page doesn't seem to start where the other left off and looks like it should have something before it.

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

thank you very much for this little briefing..

enjoyed really much to read it :^:

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yeah I think two of the pages are missing cause the images aren't working, can anyone upload those pages again please 

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

ah sh*t - manual transmission = airport dragrace! aww yis!

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

RlcqeGz.jpg

This image wasn't showing up for me in OP's post so I'm reposting it

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Gst0395, 11 September 2013 - 11:27 AM.

I'm not really digging the "two parents" style character creation system to be honest. Maybe I was hoping for too much when I expected something on the level of Elder Scrolls or Saints Row. However, I still wish I had more control over how my character looks. I always like to model in-game characters after myself so I actually feel like I'm playing as me. Instead, I'll have to keep generating parent selections until I get someone who looks somewhat similar to my actual self. And who cares if this method is more like the real world? It's Grand Theft Auto, not The Sims.

Sorry if I sound whiny here, I'm mostly liking everything that GTA Online has to offer. I just wish Rockstar had bothered to implement a more advanced character creation system. Maybe this though was to prevent players from creating intentionally grotesque mutants or direct clones of in-series characters. Then again, I can't really judge it 100% until I try it out.

Assassin101
  • Assassin101

Professional GTA assassin

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

To your point, Rockstar are already set to make £/$1billion+ from the sales of this game. Needless to say they will be compensated for their labour, dedication and hard work.

There will be no need for a subscription based environment in GTA:O. DLC yes, subs and microtransactions? no.

1 billion? I doubt it. But even so, as I said before this will be an ongoing project, which will require more hard work and tweaking. Nothing wrong with having a sub/microtrans implemented. 

Denial101
  • Denial101

Lurking is my business.....

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for this OP, real interesting read! Should this not be over in the online forum though?

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

This looks great!!

zalanith
  • zalanith

I <3 R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:07 PM Edited by zalanith, 11 September 2013 - 12:08 PM.

accidental multi-post

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

If another player kills you and takes your money, you can only get it back by taking revenge or you can put a bounty on his head

HE TAKES MY MONEY SO HOW CAN I PUT BOUNTY ON HIS FREAKING HEAD?

aLeeJj
  • aLeeJj

few weeks or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Can't wait :p....

crews-banner.jpg

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Sorry to keep posting but does anyone have the 3rd page of the The Benz interview where he confirms the rally mode? 

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

If another player kills you and takes your money, you can only get it back by taking revenge or you can put a bounty on his head

Well, you simply say that, for example, someone stole 200k from you, and if someone recovers that money and gives it back to you, you give him 25k, or whatever you agree on.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by Ertrick36, 11 September 2013 - 12:45 PM.

I'm pretty sure this is assuming that you've put some money in your bank, and that the money in your bank is enough to get some people to hit up the theif.  In other words, this type of an investment would only be for the richer and smarter people; newbies and the poor will have to work harder to get their money back.  TBH, I would rather deal with it in person because of honor and because I don't want a single bit of that cash to be used to get it back.

Back OT, this was a really nice find.  I read through the whole thing and while a lot of it was information I kind of already knew, I appreciate the new info.  I've got a constant countdown going on for my PSN profile for the days until a copy of GTA V lands in my hands, and then the online will come much more quickly with me being occupied by GTA V.

@ Long quote trains,

JESUS!  You couldn't have just posted something without quoting the OP?  I'm pretty sure people would have easily been to figure out which post you were referring to if you just made a simple post.  I understand quoting others, but you don't ever need to quote the OP unless you are referring to a specific portion of what they said (e.g. the guy who was quoting specific pages because they wouldn't load for him).

MindsCave
  • MindsCave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Awesome - keep this coming! Cannot wait.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

So you untrigger passive mode by shooting? Tbh that's a brilliant idea, in theory it should dissuade people from shooting other players on sight (spawn shootings anyway), as they could shoot them, fail, give up and turn away and then get a bullet in the back of the head.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Ok IGN just recapped the GI GTAO story and they said it was confirmed to have over 500 missions, yet I cant find that anywhere...

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

I did not read the GI article. But IGN has a recap of it and mentions

assaulting gang hideouts

as an activity. Is this in the original article or did they just made something up once more?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 11 September 2013 - 03:44 PM.

1 billion? I doubt it. But even so, as I said before this will be an ongoing project, which will require more hard work and tweaking. Nothing wrong with having a sub/microtrans implemented. 

Yes it is wrong. Are you that f*cking retarded? You think it's not gonna make a billion? You probably don't even know how much IV made. IV made $500 million in the first week of release and $320 million on the day of the release. So please think about what you're saying.

will_owen
  • will_owen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Ok IGN just recapped the GI GTAO story and they said it was confirmed to have over 500 missions, yet I cant find that anywhere...

If your looking for where it says it in the article its on page 2, second column about half way down

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

GTA Online takes place after the main story, familiar faces will make appearances

Isn't this wrong? I thought Dan Houser himself said it took place BEFORE GTA V.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

If your looking for where it says it in the article its on page 2, second column about half way down

Thanks found it

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

ok I now did read the artice and I wonder why noone talked about the "assault gang hideout" thing. I hope its an activity thing and not a mission thing which is over after like 5 - 10 missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users