Does anyone remember the first ever game like GTA

Turbo esprit on the spectrum
36 replies to this topic
headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:18 AM Edited by headmetalbanger, 13 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Felony 11-79

image.jpg

This, Driver 1 and The Getaway was first to me.

• alexx720 likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

Terminator(1990)

That is what I was thinking.  That game was so f*cking bad, but I couldn't stop playing it. 

Open world with driving.  Damn, you even got your guns at stores similar to earlier Amunation stores in GTA.

hqdefault.jpg

the-terminator_4.gif

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Body Harvest was released in 1998, a year before the first Driver game. It was the first 3D free roaming game made by DMA Design (now known as Rockstar North).

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Felony 11-79?

Holy crap, I've been wondering what the name of that game is for 15 years.

This is a true story about how I discovered GTA.  Back in probably 1998, I rented Felony from Blockbuster video.  I liked it.  Fun racing game where you didn't always have to go toward the finish line.  You could turn around and drive back to the start if you wanted.  I played it enjoyed it, and returned it.   About a year later I go into Blockbuster looking for a new game I haven't played.  I saw a game called Grand Theft Auto 2.  At this point I forgot the name Felony, and thought, "wasn't that game I rented Grand Theft Auto 1?"  I came home and to my horror, it's not the game I wanted.  It wasn't even in 3D.  Disappointed I didn't play the game for at least a day.  And then I finally was bored enough to give it a try.  After that my life was changed.  I played for hours on end just exploring.  I didn't get to the second part of the city until the next time I rented it.  Jump two years later to 2001, and I'm sh*tting myself waiting for when I can buy a PS2 and GTAIII.  Telling my friends, "This game is going to be the greatest game ever.  You can drive a car, and it'll flip upside down, and then explode!"  That was a big deal to me.

And I completely forgot Felony 11-79 until right now.  Thank you for reminding me.  

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

tolo

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Getaway was perfect game. I wish  they would make gta set in london in HD.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Getaway was perfect game. I wish  they would make gta set in london in HD.

Only if 1 in 5 pedestrians voices are bad impersonations done by Americans of Dick Van Dyke's bad Mary Poppins accent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users