Photo

Rarest, Least Known Things in GTA IV?

13 replies to this topic
GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

What are some features, places, actions, etc. in GTA IV that many people don't know about?

For instance, I just realized today that by holding Triangle/Y when exiting a car, you turn off the engine.

I want to experience every last thing in GTA IV before I start GTA V.

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Theres a building in IV with a sign that says "CLOCKTOWER" and there's an easter egg you can only see if you're literally on top of it and trying to notice it, but the tiny lights around the letter L are out so the only letters lit are "COCKTOWER" it's so discrete and crazy how I found it (dived out of a helicopter and landed on top) but I thought it was awesome

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by lol232, 10 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

You don't have to kill Oleg Minkov in 'Wrong is Right'

You just have to shoot his car until it catches fire, then he will bail out, the car will explode and the mission will be completed. If he stays alive after the bail, he will just continue walking on streets as if nothing happened.

It works in the PC version, at least.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by Dollarhide, 12 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

What are some features, places, actions, etc. in GTA IV that many people don't know about?

For instance, I just realized today that by holding Triangle/Y when exiting a car, you turn off the engine.

lol, no sh*t? What's so rare about that? I have always exited vehicles this way.

I've got a similar one: when you push X (PC) the radio will shut down. Lol

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

lol, no sh*t? What's so rare about that? I have always exited vehicles this way.

I've got a similar one: when you push X (PC) the radio will shut down. Lol

He means that if you hold it down instead of tap it the car will turn off completely, most people just tap it. Otherwise the radio is playing and you can start driving again without starting the ignition. I remember like four people thanked a guy for that information in a thread like this about a year ago.

If you want to explore nooks and crannies look up an interiors list, and actually take the time to walk around different neighborhoods that you've never explored. Did you know that there's an ice hockey museum in Meadow's Park? How about the hiking/biking trail on the west coast of Bohan behind Elizabeta's apartment? My favorite place is the unfinished bridge across the street from Johnny's second safehouse, if you walk along either truss you'll eventually come to a stairwell that leads up and the platform at the top (about six flights of stairs up) makes a good helicopter shooting place. You can also sometimes get cops to chase after you and it sort of feels like that climax scene in robocop where they're in the scrapyard.

The Wooden Mask
  • The Wooden Mask

Morag Tong Leader

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Not a lot of my friends knew about the Sultan RS, like at all. You know, the sweet street racer behind the old mansion's garage on the 3rd island.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

On certain cars, Admiral being one of them when you get out of the car and leave the door open there's a peeping "door ajar" sound. If you kill the gunshop guy without any shots fired from either his backup won't arrive.

Raspy
  • Raspy

ʍ๏๏и

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by Raspy, 14 September 2013 - 03:20 AM.

I didn't know this. Must play GTA to try this. Now.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Something I just found out by myself: in the second encounter with Eddie Low, where you're supposed to kill him, you may disarm his knife and he will then attempt to flee. If he suceeds, there will be a failure message saying "Eddie Low is still out there... waiting".

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

You find a mailman, legit! I found him walking near-ish Niko's first safehouse 

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

1. Both of the main hospitials on the 1st & 3rd island are the exact same model (the ones you can enter).
  2. Spoiler
  3. The largest building in Liberty City has a door that allows access from ground level.
  4. The Correctional Facility is accessable by sky-diving from a helicoptor inside the grounds, although no buildings can be entered.

That's all I have.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

Think I'm a bit late...

If you bail of out of a car or bike while driving slow enough, Niko won't tumble like a ragdoll. He'll land on his hands and knees and get up unharmed.

If you call 911 while in a fist fight with someone, they'll run away.

If you give the saxophone player enough money you'll unlock something, think its a unique ringtone.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

If you wait a few sseconds after entering a car without pressing any keys, Niko will put a seatbelt on. There's no animation or sound for it, but the script is still there - if you do it, you can't fall through the windshield during a collision, pretty useful in chases

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

If you wait a few sseconds after entering a car without pressing any keys, Niko will put a seatbelt on. There's no animation or sound for it, but the script is still there - if you do it, you can't fall through the windshield during a collision, pretty useful in chases

Stop trolling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users