Photo

PEN LETTER: Repeat topics/Backseat MODS/General forum rudeness

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic
R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:01 PM Edited by R3AL1Z3, 10 September 2013 - 08:43 PM.

I swear everyone on this forum is a pathetic backseat moderator. Who gives a sh*t about if this guy makes a topic. LET the mods deal with it.

THIS x 10

This is an open-letter to the MODS and everyone here:

Tired of people making topics, even if they are useless, and having people making comments such as;

"lock"

"/thread"

"Please delete"

And so on. Let the mods handle it. 

Also of note, the mods never really give a reason for locking/deleting. They should atleast have the decency to PM the deleted topics creator and inform him why; else we'll keep seeing repeats of the same behavior.

Also, I remember one time DeffPony locked a thread, and said "Theres already a topic on this in the forum"

Didnt even provide a link. WTF?

I wish, and I hope the MODS read this, that they would interact with us more. Show us that youre human, participate in the forum discussions. I know you all probably have your own sub-section, but man, I feel (on the internet atleast) completely inferior to the MODS.

There are a lot of ridiculous threads, yes; Im tired of all the "What-If' and "What would you do.." threads just as much as all of you. But theres NOTHING to talk about. No new info until atleast three days before release. And I know this will be moved and put into general discussion; BUT ITS NOT. This is related to THIS SECTION of the forum, why cant it just be here?

This isnt someone who joined this year, and is most likely 13 and posting non-sensical ramblings; Im making a legitimate point.

MODS

Chat with us, reply to topics, CREATE topics that arent pinned just because you can, tell us WHY a thread has been locked and do so in a manner that doesnt seem like were being shrugged off. Especially, let the topic creator know WHY his topic was deleted, so there arent repeats of such behavior.

FORUM USERS

Be a little more respectful, not everyone has the same intelligence level and some people ask some legitimate questions that, while it didnt warrant a topic, could just be answered and the person can know what they were asking; ALL IN THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES YOU TO FLAME THEM.

Read source links before commenting; Just look at this thread I created;

http://gtaforums.com...rs-of-gameplay/

I was attempting to share an extensive interview with Dan Houser about GTA to top 100 hours of side-missions, activities, and storyline etc. Within the first few comments, people were just commenting on the title and dismissing the information without reading.

HAVE FUN!! We are all here to share our enjoyment for the same thing. We may not know each other personally but this is a place where people should be able to speak freely (unless of course it is complete and utter trolling/nonsense/hateful.

We're all people theorizing/discussing/enjoying/analyzing an amazing game, and I hope this forum turns around once everyone gets their GTA V fix. FFS, its like you all are withdrawing from lack of GTA V content and being grumpy little bastards.

• shadyslady, na89340qv0n34b09q340, mixjah and 10 others like this

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Lock

/thread

Please Delete

You are creating a pointless thread to show that you can help be forum police? :sui:

This is worse than the other posts dude...

• Outplug and Gigabomber like this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

It's a forum. No need to get so fired up.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Remember guys, follow the protocol and ignore these treads... 

cradical
  • cradical

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Complains about pointless threads.......................makes irrelevant thread.

Take it elsewhere. 

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

It's a forum. No need to get so fired up.

Not fired up, but you proved my point. Im just chilling at home, playing games and cruising the forums.

And Im not creating a pointless thread, the both of you proved my point; there is ZERO respect on the boards. Im not policing anyone nor am I attempting to; just stating observations and providing recommendations. Who cares what Ive posted? You dont lik it, move on. The time it takes you to post and downtalk something that doesnt appeal to you.

• GTAfan4life12 likes this

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

yes finnaly OP admitted he's gay . 

somalian children will sleep happy tonight .

Creasy47
  • Creasy47

Bond, James Bond.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't think there is too much you can do here. I'm a member of a movie forum that is 1,000x cleaner than this - even during the release of a huge film - and while we tend to get trolls or spambots here or there, the mods always communicate with us, provide original links, give warnings, etc. Looking down the forum, all I see are lots of locked threads and childish attitudes. 

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Complains about pointless threads.......................makes irrelevant thread.

Take it elsewhere. 

See? You didnt even read it in its entirety; I was NOT complaining about pointless threads. YES, they are a nuisance, but Im sharing information Ive observed. 

Prestb97
  • Prestb97

Master of Laziness

• Members

Lock.

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

The forum is good as it is now. Let the memmes bounce around and let the trolls be funny. This ain't no nazi regime.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

I don't think there is too much you can do here. I'm a member of a movie forum that is 1,000x cleaner than this - even during the release of a huge film - and while we tend to get trolls or spambots here or there, the mods always communicate with us, provide original links, give warnings, etc. Looking down the forum, all I see are lots of locked threads and childish attitudes. 

See? Thats how it should be, not like they are on a cloud and come down every now and then to smite a topic.

Also, for anyone who has actually read what I wrote; Within the first few comments people prove my point exactly. 

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

tell em why you mad son.

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Go f*ck yourself

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Tits or GTFO!

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

The forum is good as it is now. Let the memmes bounce around and let the trolls be funny. This ain't no nazi regime.

HAHAHA, nobody is even taking time to read exactly what Ive posted. Im not trying to police or anything of the like. Im suggesting mods become more involved and forum users to be a little more people friendly.

Nothing I said suggests otherwise.

• Wolfe19 likes this

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Agree.... First post fail is embarrassing around here. It's a discussion forum to discuss GTA, not bash someone or be a back seat user if you don't like the topic someone presents. It really is a lot of underage kids.

Should be instant banned if the first post derails a topic as this is a place for us to discuss what the person has presented in his/her OP. It sure would stop after people get the message.

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

I post a legitimate thread, that took me all of 2 minutes to type, and everyone proves my point exactly.

There isnt any respect on these forums anymore. The fact that people with negative comments take time out of their day to participate in a discussion that they are not willing to contribute to.

• Adriaan and Wolfe19 like this

Blossy101
  • Blossy101

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Fair play dude, I agree with you all the way. Ill admit to being a bit of a Dick in some topic threads, but I very rarely comment or create a thread because its almost inevitable that the general reaction to it would be negative. This deserved to be pinned. Hope everyone reads it!
  • R3AL1Z3 and cldd like this

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

He's right you imbeciles. I also don't like going on thread and reading useless/rude replies. 

• R3AL1Z3 likes this

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Wow they unlocked it.

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I post a legitimate thread, that took me all of 2 minutes to type, and everyone proves my point exactly.

There isnt any respect on these forums anymore. The fact that people with negative comments take time out of their day to participate in a discussion that they are not willing to contribute 

HAHAHA, nobody is even taking time to read exactly what Ive posted. Im not trying to police or anything of the like. Im suggesting mods become more involved and forum users to be a little more people friendly.

Calm down, please. Your HAHAHA actually frightened me. I was just telling you to calm down. It's just a forum, sometimes the trolls are funny, sometimes the OP is a fa**ot, sometimes people diserve instant ban.

Just calm yo tits, I agree with you. Be more kind will you?

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

SWEET!! They PINNED it.

Thank you to the MOD who did such.

• FireBallz21 likes this

zzmorg82
  • zzmorg82

In the moment.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by zzmorg82, 10 September 2013 - 08:46 PM.

I read all of this OP, and I'm so glad that this is pinned.

I really do wish people were more nicer to new users, it's like everytime a multiple thread is made, users always have to put the OP's down with flame and unnecessary comments. How hard is it to just point a user in the right direction by providing him/her with the original topic link instead of telling him/her that there's already a thread about it, or the news is "old"?

Spoiler

• R3AL1Z3, AceHigh11 and Wolfe19 like this

R3AL1Z3
  • R3AL1Z3

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

There isnt any respect on these forums anymore. The fact that people with negative comments take time out of their day to participate in a discussion that they are not willing to contribute 

Calm down, please. Your HAHAHA actually frightened me. I was just telling you to calm down. It's just a forum, sometimes the trolls are funny, sometimes the OP is a fa**ot, sometimes people diserve instant ban.

It legitimately made me chuckle, thats why. You thought I was suggesting some sort of Nzi reform of the forums; I wasnt. Simply stating facts.

• Wolfe19 likes this

Europa
  • Europa

Dreamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

I completely agree with you. The first 10 comments prove your point!
A giant "big up!" to the moderators that pinned this!  :lol:

• shadyslady and Cdn80 like this

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Let the mods deal with it XDD.

Good troll.

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

It legitimately made me chuckle, thats why. You thought I was suggesting some sort of Nzi reform of the forums; I wasnt. Simply stating facts.

Ok, it was just a joke, take a joke please.

I agree with you, the forum should actually be better than this pile of hate.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

I read all of this OP, and I'm so glad that this is pinned.

I really do wish people were more nicer to new users, it's like everytime a multiple thread is made, users always have to put the OP's down with flame and unnecessary comments. How hard is it to just point a user in the right direction by providing him/her with the original topic link instead of telling him/her that there's already a thread about it, or the news is "old"?

Spoiler

I agree with all of this.

• R3AL1Z3 likes this

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Can you summarize it? I'm kinda lazy to read all that, you know...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users