Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else worried about annoying little kids Online?

56 replies to this topic
ElementL09
  • ElementL09

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Get a xbox. have to pay for live meaning less kids online

False, there's as many kids in live as in psn. The kids themselves don't pay the live, but their bad parents who also let's them play gta v does.
it's not a major difference but a random cant just hop in and play online. They need to find a substantial source of payment ( a job, etc.) Or use their parents. Not all parents are willing fork up the dough so theoretically it should be less kids on online

Its the opposite (in america at least), alot of parents will pay for xbox live subscription just to keep there child occupied. 

Also, not all kids are annoying, I've actually met some cool ones who just play the game for fun and don't whine or cuss just because of its xbox live.  For the ones that are annoying, there is the mute button and you can always submit negative feedback, and I think I heard rockstar has a matchmaking system that matches players based on what they do.

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm with ImBoss450, I'm too 13 and quite mature, also, sometimes the hackers are adults.

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm all about fun.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm not worried at all.  Rockstar's given us a way to prevent that sh*t.  You can choose which people will join you in GTA Online (found this out in a recent edition of Game Informer), and the automatching service will prioritize your friends and crew.  If you don't want to play with a bunch of whiny little kids (who, may I remind everyone, shouldn't be playing the game in the first place [note to 14/13 year-olds: I have a few friends on PSN who are the same age as you and are much more mature than my 16 year old friend or some of the "adults" here on GTA Forums]), just change your online settings to accomodate for your playing style.  Plus, I think GTA Online is too serious of a multiplayer game to allow for sustained child's play, so to speak.  With a large focus on missions and player-created content, I think GTA Online will kind of settle into something like SA:MP in terms of a community, except Rockstar will be a part of that community (and I personally think that's why Lezlie Benzies is so excited about GTA Online; he'll be one of the players who experiences his own game, but with other brilliant players creating awesome creations from the scrap tools that Rockstar gave them).

@ 14 year-old bragging about staying up until 11:30,

I stay up until 4 am sometimes.  TBH, a late bedtime is really bad for your health, and I can speak to that first hand.  Because of my eratic sleeping behaviors, I sometimes get very tired at around 5 pm (right around the time my college classes and work is all taken care of), and then I'm up and at it at midnight.  It isn't worth bragging about at all (in fact, most here would probably tell me to get help with insomnia or something, even though I don't actually have a problem going to sleep, but rather with getting a consistent sleeping schedule; then again, it could just be my anticipation for GTA V and I'm just exagerrating), and a bed time doesn't say anything about your maturity; if anything, the fact that you're bragging about it in the first place speaks volumes about your maturity.  Maturity is more like being a good sport, not getting mad very easily, will play the game how it was meant to be played (or at least not in a way that impedes how others want to play it), and being able to handle mishaps with serenity and intellect.  Your post has not displayed any of these characteristics; if anything, it displayed the antithesis of mature characteristics.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm with ImBoss450, I'm too 13 and quite mature, also, sometimes the hackers are adults.

Congratulations, this means nothing.

Anyhoo, I'm pretty positive that the scoreboard shows who's speaking. I definitely remember being able to mute them easily.

Also, I really don't know where the idea of multiplayer being full of hackers and squeakers - on any game, really. But on IV I've never encountered a hacker and had, what, one person with a high voice?

Seriously, even CoD the supposed breeding ground for annoying high-pitched 'I f*cked your mum' kids doesn't have them. I played over a month total gametime on CoD, it really isn't a problem.

robisme
  • robisme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

We are all kids at heart, some where many years ago too, we would probably been the same, let them have their fun, I'll just move on and find somewhere else to have mine. :) :lol:

Aeleys
  • Aeleys

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Mute/block = fixed.

Pregnantplatypus
  • Pregnantplatypus

Futo Fanatic

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

LOL. Im turning 14, and Im nothing like this. I already earned my money to pre-order GTA V from the PlayStation Store. Some adults really dont care what games kids play. But I think you really could stop complaining about it, if you dont want them in your game, there is probably going to be private matches available. And Frantic, thats highly uncalled for. Im 13 in the 8th grade and I stay up til 11:30. May I remind you that we aren't little babies that need to take naps every few hours?

Aren't you a little tough guy. 11:30 is mighty late sonny.

11:30 is later than I stay up and im 18 so good for you little squeaker man.

Owen305
  • Owen305

True City Killers

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

xboxlive party chat...the end

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'm not worried at all.  Rockstar's given us a way to prevent that sh*t.  You can choose which people will join you in GTA Online (found this out in a recent edition of Game Informer), and the automatching service will prioritize your friends and crew.  If you don't want to play with a bunch of whiny little kids (who, may I remind everyone, shouldn't be playing the game in the first place [note to 14/13 year-olds: I have a few friends on PSN who are the same age as you and are much more mature than my 16 year old friend or some of the "adults" here on GTA Forums]), just change your online settings to accomodate for your playing style.  Plus, I think GTA Online is too serious of a multiplayer game to allow for sustained child's play, so to speak.  With a large focus on missions and player-created content, I think GTA Online will kind of settle into something like SA:MP in terms of a community, except Rockstar will be a part of that community (and I personally think that's why Lezlie Benzies is so excited about GTA Online; he'll be one of the players who experiences his own game, but with other brilliant players creating awesome creations from the scrap tools that Rockstar gave them).

I stay up until 4 am sometimes.  TBH, a late bedtime is really bad for your health, and I can speak to that first hand.  Because of my eratic sleeping behaviors, I sometimes get very tired at around 5 pm (right around the time my college classes and work is all taken care of), and then I'm up and at it at midnight.  It isn't worth bragging about at all (in fact, most here would probably tell me to get help with insomnia or something, even though I don't actually have a problem going to sleep, but rather with getting a consistent sleeping schedule; then again, it could just be my anticipation for GTA V and I'm just exagerrating), and a bed time doesn't say anything about your maturity; if anything, the fact that you're bragging about it in the first place speaks volumes about your maturity.  Maturity is more like being a good sport, not getting mad very easily, will play the game how it was meant to be played (or at least not in a way that impedes how others want to play it), and being able to handle mishaps with serenity and intellect.  Your post has not displayed any of these characteristics; if anything, it displayed the antithesis of mature characteristics.

My health is perfectly fine, specially in school, I got A's and B's currently. And who cares about maturity? You say it like GTA V is real life. Hell, Im not as mature. In just a guy who likes to have fun while still trying to get the job accomplished.I dont get your logical thinking. **rubs chin**, makes me think of who is really making sense...

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

My health is perfectly fine, specially in school, I got A's and B's currently. And who cares about maturity? You say it like GTA V is real life. Hell, Im not as mature. In just a guy who likes to have fun while still trying to get the job accomplished.I dont get your logical thinking. **rubs chin**, makes me think of who is really making sense...

"And who cares about maturity?"

.....  Seriously?  This is a thread about maturity... :sui:

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Get a xbox. have to pay for live meaning less kids online

This isn't true at all. I own both systems, and I run into at least as many children on 360 as I do on the PS3, maybe more.

This shouldn't be a concern to anyone, though. R* already confirmed that you can pretty much pick and choose who will be allowed in a "room" to play with you, so if you're having issues with any particular players you can simply kick them or block them and move to a different room. Simple as.

MintBerryCrunch
  • MintBerryCrunch

It's meeeeeee!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think Rockstar deliberately timed the release of everything perfectly so all these little kids would be back at school by the time GTAV and GTA Online comes out. Just play the game during the day when they're all busy. :)

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm 14 about to turn 15 in 3 weeks and I'm getting Grand Theft Auto V and I have played Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV. Problem? 

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Anyone under 13 should not to be allowed to have a mic. I don't care if you are more mature or not, majority of 13 year (and younger) are annoying as sh*t. Also parents really shouldn't kids that young interact with adults, done creeps in the world.., also lol at the guy who thought he badass cause he stays up till 11:30

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Anyone under 13 should not to be allowed to have a mic. I don't care if you are more mature or not, majority of 13 year (and younger) are annoying as sh*t. Also parents really shouldn't let kids that young interact with adults, alot of creeps in the world.., also lol at the guy who thought he badass cause he stays up till 11:30

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Anyone under 13 should not to be allowed to have a mic. I don't care if you are more mature or not, majority of 13 year (and younger) are annoying as sh*t. Also parents really shouldn't let kids that young interact with adults, alot of creeps in the world.., also lol at the guy who thought he badass cause he stays up till 11:30

You dumbass, I never said I was a "badass." Where did I say that? NOW, I have shown "immaturity."

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by Moe36, 11 September 2013 - 10:22 PM.

You dumbass, I never said I was a "badass." Where did I say that? NOW, I have shown "immaturity."

lol my bad; didnt know my a word angers you... but honestly why bring up your bed time? what would that do? seriously, you are not mature or whatever point you were trying to prove because you are able to stay up till 11:30 at age 13. im pretty sure most kids from grades 7-9 stay up that late anyways and majority of them are annoying as f*ck

also sorry for the double post.

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Quick solution to the annoying online players issue... change lobby. According to pre-orders alone, there should be a couple million people playing once October hits so you shouldn't have trouble finding an enjoyable lobby.

iDope
  • iDope

C++ Programmer

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

LOL. Im turning 14, and Im nothing like this. I already earned my money to pre-order GTA V from the PlayStation Store. Some adults really dont care what games kids play. But I think you really could stop complaining about it, if you dont want them in your game, there is probably going to be private matches available. And Frantic, thats highly uncalled for. Im 13 in the 8th grade and I stay up til 11:30. May I remind you that we aren't little babies that need to take naps every few hours?

You have a long way to go kid, I'm 17 and trust me I was like you and saying I know who I am and I know how to live my life, but guess what you're nothing in this world, I hope you truly find who you are make it somewhere, also get to sleep kid and get good grades. 

OT: I find more annoying little kids with high voice wait for their balls to drop on PS3, now I have a xbox, I also have found the xbox kinda splits up ages it feels when I play.

Thanks,

iDope

• ImBoss450 likes this

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

You have a long way to go kid, I'm 17 and trust me I was like you and saying I know who I am and I know how to live my life, but guess what you're nothing in this world, I hope you truly find who you are make it somewhere, also get to sleep kid and get good grades. 

OT: I find more annoying little kids with high voice wait for their balls to drop on PS3, now I have a xbox, I also have found the xbox kinda splits up ages it feels when I play.

Thanks,

iDope

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting off topic, I'm gonna stop posting here for now.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

I think Rockstar deliberately timed the release of everything perfectly so all these little kids would be back at school by the time GTAV and GTA Online comes out. Just play the game during the day when they're all busy. :)

What? Most adults can't just play while kids are at school since they have work...

I don't know what world you live in where there's nothing to do during the day once you graduate school but I want in...

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Thanks,

iDope

You have a long way to go kid, I'm 21 and trust me I was like you.

Lol seriously though, the mental growth doesn't stop until you hit your mid 20's-early 30's. People change like crazy until they're in their mid 20's. I am a completely different person than I was when I was 17, which was a completely different person than I was when I was 14. And I'm sure I'll be a lot different when I'm 25.

Just sayin, you aren't grown yet. You got a long way to go till your an adult. And I do as well.

• iDope likes this

YoloKid12
  • YoloKid12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

Im 12 and if you w would hear me over xbox live you would think I was a grown man. The thing is just because a kids voice is squeaky doesn't mean you shouldn't play with him online. Now I admit that they are annoying and they shouldnt be playing GTA period. I know I shouldn't be playing GTA either but im mature for my age. Just because your 18 or older doesn't mean you should be playing either truth be told most of you guys are childish. And im not saying its wrong for you to kick little kids because of their voice they may be cool and calm and play the game right. :/

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

im not real worried about it that's what mute and passive mode is for, but ive played games with younger kids before , some are ok,  its those, ones who like to be retarded, that you got to worry about.

soulslayer14
  • soulslayer14

topkek

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Im 12 and if you w would hear me over xbox live you would think I was a grown man. The thing is just because a kids voice is squeaky doesn't mean you shouldn't play with him online. Now I admit that they are annoying and they shouldnt be playing GTA period. I know I shouldn't be playing GTA either but im mature for my age. Just because your 18 or older doesn't mean you should be playing either truth be told most of you guys are childish. And im not saying its wrong for you to kick little kids because of their voice they may be cool and calm and play the game right. :/

>yolokid12
You probably sound like a little girl.

iDope
  • iDope

C++ Programmer

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

Thanks,

iDope

You have a long way to go kid, I'm 21 and trust me I was like you.

Lol seriously though, the mental growth doesn't stop until you hit your mid 20's-early 30's. People change like crazy until they're in their mid 20's. I am a completely different person than I was when I was 17, which was a completely different person than I was when I was 14. And I'm sure I'll be a lot different when I'm 25.

Just sayin, you aren't grown yet. You got a long way to go till your an adult. And I do as well.

I never said I was done did I, but as you can see I have a career path already as a computer programmer. I'm not trying to be rude and I understand your point. I know people still view 17 year olds as kids, but in government eyes we are adults at this age (US), I do understand your point though.

Good comeback OP. For that I complement you. 

Thanks,

iDope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users