Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else worried about annoying little kids Online?

56 replies to this topic
fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Lost Kings Street Soldier, Fighting And Making Money.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

I've been playing GTA IV Online a LOT over the past 2 weeks cause I've been gearing up for GTA V! But each time I've played online, it's always got annoying little kids with mics, it's SO annoying, and the only way to know who it is is to go up to them and see the mic symbol, but they'll kill you if you do that, so there is no way of knowing who it is, it sucks! I'm worried that annoying little kids are gonna take out of the experience a bit. It isn't gonna ruin it for sure, but take a bit of the fun out of it. 

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

yeah annoying kids and hackers. although with gta online i won't expect too many hackers right away...and hopefully never (they deserve to be banned)

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by beastjeffrey, 10 September 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Get a xbox. have to pay for live meaning less kids online

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I've been playing GTA IV Online a LOT over the past 2 weeks cause I've been gearing up for GTA V! But each time I've played online, it's always got annoying little kids with mics, it's SO annoying, and the only way to know who it is is to go up to them and see the mic symbol, but they'll kill you if you do that, so there is no way of knowing who it is, it sucks! I'm worried that annoying little kids are gonna take out of the experience a bit. It isn't gonna ruin it for sure, but take a bit of the fun out of it. 

Were you on there just under an hour ago? There was guy getting annoyed at little kids and calling them 'little lads.'

You probably weren't that guy at all, but yeah, I understand what you mean. It's annoying, and they need to go to sleep.

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

False, there's as many kids in live as in psn. The kids themselves don't pay the live, but their bad parents who also let's them play gta v does.

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

False, there's as many kids in live as in psn. The kids themselves don't pay the live, but their bad parents who also let's them play gta v does.
it's not a major difference but a random cant just hop in and play online. They need to find a substantial source of payment ( a job, etc.) Or use their parents. Not all parents are willing fork up the dough so theoretically it should be less kids on online
  • S l a d e likes this

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

it's not a major difference but a random cant just hop in and play online. They need to find a substantial source of payment ( a job, etc.) Or use their parents. Not all parents are willing fork up the dough so theoretically it should be less kids on online

I had xbox for a few years, play ps3 now. I can honestly say I ran into more squeaking annoying ass kids on live than I have on psn. Although, a lot of people have mics on 360 while few have them on ps3, so It's possible there are a lot of kids on ps3 that just don't use mics.

And op, yes. Very worried. They are a plague, and somehow always find a way to get their hands on GTA.

• beastjeffrey likes this

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

LOL. Im turning 14, and Im nothing like this. I already earned my money to pre-order GTA V from the PlayStation Store. Some adults really dont care what games kids play. But I think you really could stop complaining about it, if you dont want them in your game, there is probably going to be private matches available. And Frantic, thats highly uncalled for. Im 13 in the 8th grade and I stay up til 11:30. May I remind you that we aren't little babies that need to take naps every few hours?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I mute them. They just scream if you kill them like stop killin meeeeeh! And i stop, and the lad spawnkills and gives that annoying scream. GTA V shouldnt even be allowed for little peasents.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by ImBoss450, 10 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

I mute them. They just scream if you kill them like stop killin meeeeeh! And i stop, and the lad spawnkills and gives that annoying scream. GTA V shouldnt even be allowed for little peasents.

I wish that was true, I dont think half the people who buy GTA V are above 18. And also, we definitely are not peasants, do you even know what peasants mean?

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I wish that was true, I dont think half the people who buy GTA V are above 18. And also, we definitely are not peasants, do you even know what peasants mean?

Well I'm 18. Where does that put me? :beerhat:

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 10 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

Kids, not adolescents. Peasents, ever heard of sarcarm? Calm down, we are not saying EVERY kid. 

Edit. Your angry, caps - locky action around this treads just gives you bad rep as a self proclaimed kid.

CarverCityKing
  • CarverCityKing

Russian-American Death Machine

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

I really don't care. I'll mute them. If there is kids online, i'll have a payday looting thier wallets. Kids won't make it to the ATM.

• beastjeffrey likes this

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

im 18 and get call a kid sometimes i don't know why 

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by GlitzyTomb, 10 September 2013 - 10:35 PM.

It's really better if you stop defending the kids he is addressing.  If you're not like that, awesome.  He's not talking about you. 

Poster above, you get called a kid because there are only two kinds of people who play games online.  Someone younger than you, aka a squeaking whiny little kid...or someone older than you, aka someone with no life who really should have stopped playing video games because he/she is like a grown up and it's kinda pathetic.

That is how it works.

• Booze likes this

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

I had xbox for a few years, play ps3 now. I can honestly say I ran into more squeaking annoying ass kids on live than I have on psn. Although, a lot of people have mics on 360 while few have them on ps3, so It's possible there are a lot of kids on ps3 that just don't use mics.

And op, yes. Very worried. They are a plague, and somehow always find a way to get their hands on GTA.
wow I never thought about it that way. Because you would of think that xbox gamers have money since they can pay for live. So they can really a mic where as ps3 the console is cheaper and online is free it makes it more for low income classes

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by JustOneMonth, 11 September 2013 - 12:02 AM.

It's really better if you stop defending the kids he is addressing.  If you're not like that, awesome.  He's not talking about you. 

Poster above, you get called a kid because there are only two kinds of people who play games online.  Someone younger than you, aka a squeaking whiny little kid...or someone older than you, aka someone with no life who really should have stopped playing video games because he/she is like a grown up and it's kinda pathetic.

That is how it works.

Its entretainment, no way it is pathetic. But then, would have to be a casual gamer, because of work. But that is just a f*cked up version of it. You cant tell that everyone above 18 who plays games are pathetic, they just want to have some fun. 

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

wow I never thought about it that way. Because you would of think that xbox gamers have money since they can pay for live. So they can really a mic where as ps3 the console is cheaper and online is free it makes it more for low income classes

Interesting point. Although, one of the reasons I think people don't use mics on ps3 is that one doesn't come with the ps3. So you have to go out separate and buy a mic that either plugs into the usb or has Bluetooth connectivity. So most people don't have mics to begin with. Now I have a mic, but I never use it because no one else ever has one plugged in in the lobbies I'm in. So it sort of perpetuates the issue. I don't have a mic, but I don't need a mic because no one else uses a mic. When the majority have that mindset, the majority won't have mics.

And that leads to what a lot of frequent ps3 online gamers do: Buy a full sized usb keyboard. Most people just message each other since very few have mics so a keyboard is the best way to communicate. I have a mic and keyboard and I can count the number of times I've used the mic on one hand since I bought it 3 years ago. Yet I use the keyboard the entire time I'm online.

Vesper
  • Vesper

Vesper Lynd

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

It's inevitable, sadly.

Not true. I play on Xbox and I've been thrown into online matches with more 12 year olds than adults. Using mommy & daddy's money to get an Xbox Live subscription, clearly.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:57 AM Edited by Kreuzn, 11 September 2013 - 02:05 AM.

It's inevitable, sadly.

Not true. I play on Xbox and I've been thrown into online matches with more 12 year olds than adults. Using mommy & daddy's money to get an Xbox Live subscription, clearly.

This.

Butttt mommmm all my friends are getting Xboxes for their birthday!!! "Okay hunny you can get an xbox" YAYYYYY THANK YOU!  *gets xbox* Butttt mommmmmmm all my friends have xbox live!!!!!!

Xbox 360: $200

A year subscription to xbox live: $60

Getting your snot nosed reminder of your broken condom to stay quiet in his room: Priceless.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:02 AM Edited by Archvile78, 11 September 2013 - 02:03 AM.

Inevitable but that applies to adult also. Nothing the mute button can't fix.

An exception would be if a kid/adult purposedly followed me around shooting at me then i just answer back with my gun.

Cyb3rslug
  • Cyb3rslug

Dat Auzzie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Kids can be avoided. But if not, I hope there is a kick/boot type system like in GTA IV, was quite useful when you had a kid or two in the game annoying everyone, as soon as you clicked the kick button on your phone and everyone saw the request to kick them, they were gone in a second.  :lol:

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

Owned both systems, and despite my hate for PSN, there is definitely less "kids" on there than on Xbox live.

That being said, the mute function is much easier to use through the GUI on xbox than on PSN, and we can hope that Rockstar implements in-game mute fuctions that are more efficient this time around.

ExtendUnlimited
  • ExtendUnlimited

Cool.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

A suggestion would be the credit card age verification system like they did on Socom 3, it verifies that you are 18 years of age or had parental consent to play the game. I rarely heard kids on this game unless one of their parents allows them to use their credit card to verify that they are 18 or got parent consent. Either way I still mute them, like I did in GTAlV.

How the age verification system work :

http://www.gamefaqs....-seals/24040641

• lucifieraies likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

That is how it works.

So I guess I am patchic because I am 32 and still play videos games I take it ?  dont take what I am about to say as being an ass towards you, but you need to be edcatued on some facts about the gaming world and its players.

The age of 30 is the average age of video game players , so what does that tell you?

68% of the gamers are over the age of 18, again, what does that tell you ?

I find people that call other people patchic for doing the same thing they are doing patchic,  here are some links for you.

http://www.theesa.co.../gameplayer.asp

http://www.g4tv.com/...is-30-says-esa/

https://www.google.c...e age of gamers

Now, to stay on topic, this thread is the main reason why I aviod online play for the most part

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

f*ck em troll em

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

That is how it works.

So I guess I am patchic because I am 32 and still play videos games I take it ?  dont take what I am about to say as being an ass towards you, but you need to be edcatued on some facts about the gaming world and its players.

The age of 30 is the average age of video game players , so what does that tell you?

68% of the gamers are over the age of 18, again, what does that tell you ?

I find people that call other people patchic for doing the same thing they are doing patchic,  here are some links for you.

http://www.theesa.co.../gameplayer.asp

http://www.g4tv.com/...is-30-says-esa/

https://www.google.c...e age of gamers

Now, to stay on topic, this thread is the main reason why I aviod online play for the most part

Just to be clear, I wasn't stating that as something I believe.  I was stating that as the general belief of the people I've encountered on XBox Live.

I'm not 30 yet, but I'm knocking down it's door.  I too find people who call others pathetic (particularly for doing the same thing they are doing) pathetic. 

I was trying to illustrate the absurdity of "people younger than me are squeaky kids" and "people older than me are pathetic and need to go out and get laid" thinking.

Rolling Otter
  • Rolling Otter

Agent of evil

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Who is'nt?? The "Squeek factor" while annoying, is obviously something that R* have put alot of time into checking if you like... I think the implementation of the "Crew" system was/is one of the greatest additions to the franchise!

No more queeky kids, if you don't want them! ;)

Thebigmoose
  • Thebigmoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Just stay with your friends and crew and blast any mother f*cker who wants to be annoying

soulslayer14
  • soulslayer14

topkek

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

LOL. Im turning 14, and Im nothing like this. I already earned my money to pre-order GTA V from the PlayStation Store. Some adults really dont care what games kids play. But I think you really could stop complaining about it, if you dont want them in your game, there is probably going to be private matches available. And Frantic, thats highly uncalled for. Im 13 in the 8th grade and I stay up til 11:30. May I remind you that we aren't little babies that need to take naps every few hours?

Aren't you a little tough guy. 11:30 is mighty late sonny.
  • Sam I Am likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users