Quantcast

» «
Photo

Purchasable property near the Los Santos International Airport?

22 replies to this topic
henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

I was cured, all right!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a property icon near LSX? What do you think it is, a purchasable hangar or something? I doubt it's just a normal house, judging by it's size it appears to be a building related to the airport.

LSX-GTAV-map.jpg

Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:39 PM Edited by Kihz, 10 September 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Might be the Airport itself.

Might be a hangar.

Not a house. Those properties are not houses, I'm 97% sure.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

I was cured, all right!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

It's the only icon with the shape of a house, and there is a dollar sign over it. Unless you can purchase business assets and make missions and money for them like in Vice and San Andreas, I'm pretty sure most places with that sign are houses.

TeamTrev101
  • TeamTrev101

Something Something Dark Side

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

probably a hangar. i bet over the dlc there will be more houses to purchase.

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

It's the only icon with the shape of a house, and there is a dollar sign over it. Unless you can purchase business assets and make missions and money for them like in Vice and San Andreas, I'm pretty sure most places with that sign are houses.

Everyone else seems pretty confident they are businesses.

Personally My options for the airport one could be many.. Hotel, Helicopter charter office, Taxi/bus business... etc etc

Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Or they don't have houses on that map legend..

You can buy businesses too. I'm sure those are businesses because houses would be a different marker.

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

there is one in the dead center of the oil field. Is that like a mansion or something?

pilot1
  • pilot1

R to the M

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Maybe a hotel?

gmcb007
  • gmcb007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I mentioned this in another thread there.

I think it may be a store inside the terminal that we can purchase for an asset. There's no way that it is a house as the hotels are located beside the freeway. Also it looks like the LS subway may have a station that is accesed by the airport interior.

It could be for purchasing a hanger as we do need some form of airplane storage.

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

I mentioned this in another thread there.

I think it may be a store inside the terminal that we can purchase for an asset. There's no way that it is a house as the hotels are located beside the freeway. Also it looks like the LS subway may have a station that is accesed by the airport interior.

It could be for purchasing a hanger as we do need some form of airplane storage.

My guess is the hangar will be at a more low key airfield like sandy shores or the dirt strip at grapeseed. I would put money on this being a business like helicopter charter, bus/taxi service from the airport.. or something along those lines.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

I was cured, all right!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

there is one in the dead center of the oil field. Is that like a mansion or something?

It might be a cabin or a small dormitory, like there is for workers in some real oil fields.

And damn, if it is indeed a hanger then it would be great. A helicopter charter, like falcomilvus said, seems more likely though, especially if there is a helipad on top of LSX like in San Andreas.

Sanjiswaytocool
  • Sanjiswaytocool

Work-a-holic

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by Sanjiswaytocool, 10 September 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Just my guess considering all the icons from the trailer Mini-maps are accurate with the map;

Houses are identified as a plain house icon.

Businesses are identified as a house w/Dollar sign.

Also to note, Franklin seems to be in a house in the Vinewood Hills. & there aren't any icons up there. (Unless some houses/properties are obtained through story)

Edit: Forgot to add. Most likely that's a purchasable airport hangar.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I doubt purchasable SAFEHOUSES are shown on the map since there are plenty of them scattered around. Probably this is , like the others said , a hangar, or a business

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by killahmatic, 10 September 2013 - 08:23 PM.

I bet its a hangar.

as for the logo, I'd guess that it represents a property you can buy, whether a house or business. Theres roughly 20 on the map so i doubt it would be businesses only and then you get a bunch of safehouses too plus the 3 you already start out with. 

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

I was cured, all right!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

I bet its a hangar.

as for the logo, I'd guess that it represents a property you can buy, whether a house or business. Theres roughly 20 on the map so i doubt it would be businesses only and then you get a bunch of safehouses too plus the 3 you already start out with.

That sounds like a reasonable number of safehouses. There were around 30 or so in San Andreas, as far as I remember.

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.
  • SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

What if those $ signs aren't purchasable properties, but banks or ATMs instead?

Considering there should enough buyable tiers of apartments & garages in MP for 16 players to allow for variety, I don't believe that LS only has 6-7 properties that are buyable. As an example, the MP apartment shown at the end of the Gameplay trailer could have a sign on top of it as well but doesn't.

I really believe these are banks and/or ATMs as it isn't unusual to have ATMs at an airport or train station.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

You can likely buy business at the airport. Please note that those houses with the money signs are commercial property, they are not the safehouses you can buy. I've looked at all of the safehouses from the trailers and screens and where they lie isn't marked on this map.

iamfangirling
  • iamfangirling

Wholocked

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Higgins Helitours confirmed

Spoiler

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Seems like it wont be a business and is in fact a house/apartment if they icon leaks are correct. Bit surprised.

_Juice
  • _Juice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

What if those $ signs aren't purchasable properties, but banks or ATMs instead?

Considering there should enough buyable tiers of apartments & garages in MP for 16 players to allow for variety, I don't believe that LS only has 6-7 properties that are buyable. As an example, the MP apartment shown at the end of the Gameplay trailer could have a sign on top of it as well but doesn't.

I really believe these are banks and/or ATMs as it isn't unusual to have ATMs at an airport or train station.

A bank/ATM in the middle of an oil field? A bank/ATM out on the sandy beach between North Chumash and Paleto Bay?

Makes no sense. The $ icon absolutely, positively does not represent banks or ATMs.

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:32 AM Edited by v17, 11 September 2013 - 10:33 AM.

vgXu4p6.jpg

Says here: "Property for Sale"

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Purchaseable PROPERTIES a property does not have to be a house! And judging by where they are situated im pretty sure they're businesses. Hence the one in the airport and the oil fields.

DanC1989
  • DanC1989

Playing GTA religiously since 2002

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Just my guess considering all the icons from the trailer Mini-maps are accurate with the map;

Houses are identified as a plain house icon.

Businesses are identified as a house w/Dollar sign.

Also to note, Franklin seems to be in a house in the Vinewood Hills. & there aren't any icons up there. (Unless some houses/properties are obtained through story)

Edit: Forgot to add. Most likely that's a purchasable airport hangar.

Surely houses without a dollar sign on the top are property that have already been purchased?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users