Quantcast

» «
Photo

Speculation/wish: San Andrea's feature in online?

11 replies to this topic
stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

So things from San Andrea's like gyms to build up your body build and give you different fighting styles. arent in singleplayer. Alongside getting fat.

But what if these features are in online? i mean its a different universe and it'd allow people to look truely unique. 

You character could start off with the same build as CJ did in san andreas for example but a little more realistic than "I'm a skeleton" and you can decide how to look from then on.
Of course your starting apperance would also be decided on what traits you pick at the start, but then its upto you to advance them or decrease them accordingly.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't think it'll be in personally.

I don't even think we'll have significantly different weight sizes in creation either, but those are just my thoughts.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

I don't even think we'll have significantly different weight sizes in creation either, but those are just my thoughts.

Weight sizes in creation where confirmed through the hireachy system thing.
it'll be down with "family bussiness" or something like "couch potato" and stuff.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by tre288, 10 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

it'll be down with "family bussiness" or something like "couch potato" and stuff.

I assume you're talking about this quote.

"GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system. Select your character’s appearance by choosing your parent’s heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you'll customize your character's daily activities - everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your character’s appearance and skill set (and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay). As part of the Collector’s Edition package, you'll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system"

That's nothing close to confirmation regarding weight size in creation. It's a very loosely worded answer that is easy to assume is confirmation. Consider it confirmed when they actually tell you that setting couch potato hours makes your character fat.

The way the answer is given doesn't really give an actual answer other than implying you can create a character, and there are things that have an effect on their appearance, as well as things that have an effect on their starting skillset. It's easy for articles and whatnot bend words to make things seem a bit more interesting than they may be.

Unless you're talking about seeing some information or article somewhere I haven't seen that says something a bit more precise and clear, in which case I'm mistaken.

If not though, it's hard for me to accept that as confirmation regarding fat/skinny/muscular builds in creation for right now.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

"GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system. Select your character’s appearance by choosing your parent’s heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you'll customize your character's daily activities - everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your character’s appearance and skill set (and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay). As part of the Collector’s Edition package, you'll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system"

That's nothing close to confirmation regarding weight size in creation. It's a very loosely worded answer that is easy to assume is confirmation. Consider it confirmed when they actually tell you that setting couch potato hours makes your character fat.

The way the answer is given doesn't really give an actual answer other than implying you can create a character, and there are things that have an effect on their appearance, as well as things that have an effect on their starting skillset. It's easy for articles and whatnot bend words to make things seem a bit more interesting than they may be.

Unless you're talking about seeing some information or article somewhere I haven't seen that says something a bit more precise and clear, in which case I'm mistaken.

If not though, it's hard for me to accept that as confirmation regarding fat/skinny/muscular builds in creation for right now.

then for now, lets accept it as an assumption. but cmon. it's pretty obvious if it impacts your apperance. being a couch patato would make you fat.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

then for now, lets accept it as an assumption. but cmon. it's pretty obvious if it impacts your apperance. being a couch patato would make you fat.

If it affected your appearance, I agree it would be the fat option.

But I'm not sure if even if fat/skinny/muscular and anything in between were options in game, I'm not really sure if there'd be a way to dynamically change your character's build through working out in GTAO and whatnot.

I get the impression that once our character is made, it's made, and any changes we want to make have to go through some sort of character editor. (and I'm still not even sure if that's even an option post character creation)

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

If it affected your appearance, I agree it would be the fat option.

But I'm not sure if even if fat/skinny/muscular and anything in between were options in game, I'm not really sure if there'd be a way to dynamically change your character's build through working out in GTAO and whatnot.

I get the impression that once our character is made, it's made, and any changes we want to make have to go through some sort of character editor. (and I'm still not even sure if that's even an option post character creation)

Well seven days remain and this, was just a speculation/wish thread to see what other people would think about it being available.
we shall see!

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:24 PM Edited by tre288, 10 September 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Well seven days remain and this, was just a speculation/wish thread to see what other people would think about it being available.
we shall see!

More than 7 sadly. We don't get into Online until October 1st at minimum.

I do want to know much more about the mechanics of online much more than I want to know anything about Singleplayer though, so hopefully over the next few days, or a bit after initial launch we get more released info regarding.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

we shall see!

More than 7 sadly. We don't get into Online until October 1st at minimum.

I do want to know much more about the mechanics of online much more than I want to know anything about Singleplayer though, so hopefully over the next few days, or a bit after initial launch we get more released info regarding.

sh*t xD forgot all about that. yes. then in more than a week. getting a little too excited there xD

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I don't think so, all of the characters shown in GTAO trailer & screens seem to be uniform "average" size. I think "couch potato" is just part of your characters personality, so when you press "down" on the D pad in SP you'll get the "google earth" transition to your online character who may be on a couch watching TV at the time

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by stevean2, 10 September 2013 - 05:13 PM.

@Big_Mitch_Baker
Ah so you think it'd decide how our online character would live their life? that's a pretty intresting idea.

I had a similer one like, if a player is offline and frequents a server quite often, then that player would appear as a civilian, if you kill them they'd drop money but it woudnt decrease the actual players currency. 

Morto Matrix
  • Morto Matrix

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

It just lowers your skills, probably.

Or has negative effect on them, like "20% Less Experience for the next hour"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users