Photo

ShopTo Pre order

2,745 replies to this topic
kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Mine arrived at 4:30PM!, but I was playing the PSN version all day anyway and am giving my retail version to a friend.

The one thing I was hoping that would arrive was my Strategy Guide... but it didnt. 

Incharge
  • Incharge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Mine arrived.

Although I got bored after the tutorial missions and switched it off. I'll fire it back up tomorrow and try and get back into it. I'm pret tired and football's on.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

^^ no surprise, you obviously never gave a toss if it came or not, dunno why you've been in this thread for days.

• Kintaro likes this

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

My copy still hasn't arrived. Good job I've been able to play a pirated copy on my modded PS3 or I would be really pissed off. You can be dead certain I will never order with ShopTo again. EVER.

way to go champ. You rip off the developer.

Clown.

Hes not ripping them off, hes payed for a copy too its just not arrived.

Clown.
So that makes it alright? Nope. He was probs one of idiots leaking spoilers over the net. Plus he said he had a modded PS3, yeah he sounds like a right saint.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Mine hasn't come. Went out at midday and got one at Sainsburys. Hoping that it doesn't come now so that I get the £5 compensation and I'll also claim back postage and the refund. 

Never using them again. Lies and incompetence - I couldn't care less from who, RM or Shopto. 

You won't be able to claim postage.

RivaldoRules
  • RivaldoRules

Football genius

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Mine hasn't come. Went out at midday and got one at Sainsburys. Hoping that it doesn't come now so that I get the £5 compensation and I'll also claim back postage and the refund. 

Never using them again. Lies and incompetence - I couldn't care less from who, RM or Shopto. 

You won't be able to claim postage.

Oh? Why? 

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Read the small print ;)

QualityPies
  • QualityPies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Mine didn't come today. Whizzed off at lunchtime to get one from the shops. Do you reckon I could return the one from shopto to the shop with the other receipt, just to save having to post it?

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

yes you can return product to shopto, make sure the game is in tact and not been opened, and let shopto know so they know the game is coming back to them

Mine didn't come today. Whizzed off at lunchtime to get one from the shops. Do you reckon I could return the one from shopto to the shop with the other receipt, just to save having to post it?

risefromashes1
  • risefromashes1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

My came today, and it is nice that even though I`m not from UK and it`s an international order it arrived only one day late.

• parry likes this

Silver Mont
  • Silver Mont

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

I would advise anyone from ever again using ShopTo, to be perfectly honest. This whole past week has been nonsense. First up, they rely on their reputation (but not M.O) of sending games early to get customers, and of course they don't state that on their site, but that is their reputation and probably why 80% of people bought GTAV from them, in the hopes of getting it early. Nothing wrong with that - they never state it, but they never said they wouldn't, either. Lots of people were asking and they ignored the topic.

They claimed they despatched on Saturday, when in truth they didn't, as my courier confirmed to me. They charged £8 more than amazon, knowing they'd get away with it from fans wanting the game early. What else? Oh right, mis-representing their service: Apparently "First Class, Signed for, With tracking" doesn't mean tracking. So what happened if you selected that, thinking you'd get tracking, and then want a refund? Good luck getting one. Instead of admitting their mistake, they just subtly changed it on the site, (removed the 'With Tracking' part, conveniently AFTER the biggest game launch of the year) and refuse to refund anyone.

In other words, they'd rather lose a customer's future patronage over a measly £1.99. And frankly, that says all it has to, in my eyes. If you essentially lie when you sell a service, and admit you were wrong but refuse to give a refund and risk losing a customer over it, you run a terrible company. And I won't be using them ever again, and I would recommend none of you do either. Don't support a company that lies, lies by omission, overcharges and acts incredibly unprofessionally. 

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

They have a reputation for delivering early but nowhere on the website does it state they will.
They also said copies would be dispatched with the next royal mail delivery (which they were) couriers picked up Monday as far as I'm aware.

MachineGunMan
  • MachineGunMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Mine is still not here!

Furious Anger
  • Furious Anger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

I would advise anyone from ever again using ShopTo, to be perfectly honest. This whole past week has been nonsense. First up, they rely on their reputation (but not M.O) of sending games early to get customers, and of course they don't state that on their site, but that is their reputation and probably why 80% of people bought GTAV from them, in the hopes of getting it early. Nothing wrong with that - they never state it, but they never said they wouldn't, either. Lots of people were asking and they ignored the topic.

They claimed they despatched on Saturday, when in truth they didn't, as my courier confirmed to me. They charged £8 more than amazon, knowing they'd get away with it from fans wanting the game early. What else? Oh right, mis-representing their service: Apparently "First Class, Signed for, With tracking" doesn't mean tracking. So what happened if you selected that, thinking you'd get tracking, and then want a refund? Good luck getting one. Instead of admitting their mistake, they just subtly changed it on the site, (removed the 'With Tracking' part, conveniently AFTER the biggest game launch of the year) and refuse to refund anyone.

In other words, they'd rather lose a customer's future patronage over a measly £1.99. And frankly, that says all it has to, in my eyes. If you essentially lie when you sell a service, and admit you were wrong but refuse to give a refund and risk losing a customer over it, you run a terrible company. And I won't be using them ever again, and I would recommend none of you do either. Don't support a company that lies, lies by omission, overcharges and acts incredibly unprofessionally. 

Obviously you don't know what Recorded/signed for service actually gives you ?

It does "track" delivery of your item, in the sense that, upon delivery, the postal service asks for a signature before they hand over the item to anyone at your delivery address, or your neighbour etc.

Last I checked, if you wanted "full" tracking, that's what courier services such as UPS/FED EX/DPD/DHL/TNT are for.They cost a lot more than the £1.99 charged for recorded/signed for Royal Mail service, usually around £6 - £8.

If its such a measly £1.99, why are you so worried about it yourself ? they sent it via the service YOU requested.Since you chose that service for "the biggest game of the year" one might expect you to have done your homework and clarified what the delivery service gave you, its not like its difficult to find on Royal Mails website.

They didn't "claim" they despatched on Saturday, they DID, in fact despatch on Saturday 14th.They had three Royal Mail pick ups, one at 9.00, one at 10.30 and the final one at 12.00 pm.The idea being, to give Royal Mail, time over the weekend, to distribute them through the Royal Mail network, for deliveries starting Monday/Tuesday.

I would suspect the reason they changed the website wording AFTER sending their preorders, was to do with the fact that, Royal Mail now calls items for businesses "24" and "48".Although they still provide the same service as the old 1st and 2nd class standards, they are now called something which, in the eyes of the customer, might look as though its next day guaranteed, when in fact, it is not, it is still, 1-3 days for UK addresses.

Sadly, many people think that Recorded/signed for, gives the same level of detailed tracking as a courier delivery when in fact it doesn't.The clue might be in the fact that one service costs a minimum of THREE times the other don't you think ? 

You said "as my courier confirmed to me" You originally said you requested Royal Mail recorded/signed for, but then you said "courier" Which is it ?

At the end of the day, they provided the service YOU requested, its hardly their fault you didn't check what it did/didnt do, is it ? They don't deliver the items themselves, they hand them to your chosen delivery service/method, so why you think you would be entitled to a refund, for the service that they provided, baffles me. 

We seem to be suffering a generation of "entitlement" where people think they can do/say what they want, without fear of any repercussions and retailers are just supposed to accept any and all forms of criticism/abuse, for fear that "i'll take my business elsewhere" gets trotted out.Remember, as a customer, you still have a responsibility to yourself, to do a bit of homework, so you don't end up being surprised that a product/service, doesn't give you what you might have expected (bit didn't check or confirm, that it actually did so)

Im glad I am from a slightly older generation, that is somewhat more reasonable than "the kids of today"

jonnie123
  • jonnie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Mine is still not here!

My SE copy from Game isn't here either :(

Furious Anger
  • Furious Anger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by Furious Anger, 21 September 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Blah blah blah, waffle waffle 

Here's a question or two for you Silver Mont :-

Did you preorder before 12pm on Friday 13th September ?

If so, and your copy of GTA V arrived AFTER release date, do you realise what the release/compensate scheme is, on Shopto site ?

If not, basically it means, if you preorder before the stated cut-off date/time, requesting "recorded/signed for" Royal Mail service and it fails to arrive on or before release date, you can contact Shopto and claim £5 account credit, for use against future orders/purchases.

You can find the details here   http://www.shopto.ne...leasecompensate

Instead of accusing Shopto of lying about despatch, accept that they were sent out, when they stated. (I can tell you for a fact that they despatched on Saturday as I happened to be outside their warehouse and they had 3 collections by Royal Mail on the Saturday morning)

These were arranged especially due to the volume of preorders as they only ask Royal Mail to make Saturday collections for very big preorder volumes and for certain weeks, In the run up to Christmas time etc

Feel free to post any evidence you think you have, that Shopto lied about how/when they despatched, I would very much like to see it.As for your quote of "my courier confirmed to me" who was this mystery courier and on what basis should any customer of Shopto believe you (a disgruntled customer) who takes no responsibility for actually checking what your chosen delivery method, actually offers you ?

If Royal Mail "recorded/signed for" service for £1.99 gave you "full tracking", I suspect that UPS/DPD/Fed Ex etc, would have no "within UK" business, as the £6 plus that they charge for a "trackable" service, would be pricing themselves out of the marketplace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users