Photo

ShopTo Pre order

2,745 replies to this topic
RivaldoRules
  • RivaldoRules

Football genius

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi mate. I know it's hard but could you refrain from quoting this numpty as I have him on block and don't wish to read his drivel. I suggest you just put him on ignore, it's much nicer in here that way,  :)

Sorry. I'll do the same. I'll also put him on ignore now too.

Shouldn't feed them!

jamiew29
  • jamiew29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Well... it looks like Royal Mail is to blame here. They're keeping back orders... for what reason, I don't know.

It's most likely Shopto who will suffer tomorrow, because I can't see Royal Mail keeping up with demand and getting the copies to everyone.

There is no way Royal Mail would have kept the packages back without permission. They have been asked to hold the copies back, maybe by R* (which I doubt), or more likely by ShopTo.

I don't think it is Shopto. Why would they lie about saying they had 3 collections on Saturday? They have no reason to lie.

Royal Mail have already confirmed they're sending them out tomorrow in time for the release date. But unfortunately, some people are going to get game late now.

Just stop. Stop posting.

You don't know how royal mail works. Yesterday you were believing that guys story about they'd come today.

Firstly those questions put towards Royal Mail are regarding Amazon orders, which have tracking numbers. Shopto tracking is method as you will only know where it is when it's signed for. Even Royal Mail staff won't know where it is.

Amazon are using the 48 hour tracking method. They at distribution centre.

Oh, I know how Royal Mail works. My mates works for them. Sometimes they do hold orders back because of demand.

Shopto have already confirmed a number of times they've had collections on Saturday and that they haven't ask Royal Mail to hold orders back. Why would they lie? They have a lot more to lose than Royal Mail here.

SubZeroWins
  • SubZeroWins

Finish Him

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

HAHA to all those who thought they would be getting GTA today.

Unlucky! :p

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hi mate. I know it's hard but could you refrain from quoting this numpty as I have him on block and don't wish to read his drivel. I suggest you just put him on ignore, it's much nicer in here that way,  :)

Shouldn't feed them!

Just woundering could you tell me the troll list to ignore

Ruufio
  • Ruufio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Well... it looks like Royal Mail is to blame here. They're keeping back orders... for what reason, I don't know.

It's most likely Shopto who will suffer tomorrow, because I can't see Royal Mail keeping up with demand and getting the copies to everyone.

There is no way Royal Mail would have kept the packages back without permission. They have been asked to hold the copies back, maybe by R* (which I doubt), or more likely by ShopTo.

I don't think it is Shopto. Why would they lie about saying they had 3 collections on Saturday? They have no reason to lie.

Royal Mail have already confirmed they're sending them out tomorrow in time for the release date. But unfortunately, some people are going to get game late now.

They probably aren't lying about the collections, they've just asked RM to hold it all until tomorrow.

But they've confirmed they didn't ask RM to hold orders back to the release date. Shopto would run the risk of owing money out and getting abuse if that happened.... especially after confirming they haven't asked for it.

Well here's the facts:

1. ShopTo have confirmed they shipped the game Saturday.

2. Royal Mail have a 93% next day delivery for first class.

3. Nobody who ordered from ShopTo has received a copy of the game.

4, Royal Mail have apparently tweeted that they will deliver all copies tomorrow.

5, ShopTo have tweeted that they have not asked Royal Mail to hold onto the games until tomorrow.

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

• NeXt Vice City likes this

celozzip
  • celozzip

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Shouldn't feed them!

click on my sig, brother. tip of the iceberg.

Ruufio
  • Ruufio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

I have to say, if every ShopTo order turns up tomorrow then they have done an amazing job. Even if 99% of the 250,000 orders turn up tomorrow, that's an amazing success rate. R* should be delighted with their service!

Also, I hope ShopTo refuse to refund any of your orders. They have ZERO reason to refund your game. You will have the advertised product delivered to you on the day of release so I see no reason at all why they should refund your copy. I really hope they do it on a case-by-case basis to avoid getting caught out by some of you. 

The game is released at midnight. You will have your game 12 hours after that. Just go to bed, have a good night sleep and look forward to it coming through the post. TBH I think you'll struggle to turn up to a midnight release and get a copy any way!

Another one on ignore just because you just don't get it.  :facedesk:

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

ANYONE who thinks Royal Mail were asked to hold onto items in the Royal Mail system is clearly doesn't understand how the postal service works.  Royal Mail process items as soon as they are received.  Yes, they probably would have done 3 collections on Saturday but given Monday is the next working day to process and deliver the items that's why none were sent out today.  All retailers dispatched the game on Saturday in time for Tuesday delivery.

If Shopto had dispatched before 5 on Friday we'd be playing the game today.  

They probably aren't lying about the collections, they've just asked RM to hold it all until tomorrow.

bojan1188
  • bojan1188

Rat

• Members

Just stop. Stop posting.

You don't know how royal mail works. Yesterday you were believing that guys story about they'd come today.

Firstly those questions put towards Royal Mail are regarding Amazon orders, which have tracking numbers. Shopto tracking is method as you will only know where it is when it's signed for. Even Royal Mail staff won't know where it is.

Amazon are using the 48 hour tracking method. They at distribution centre.

Oh, I know how Royal Mail works. My mates works for them. Sometimes they do hold orders back because of demand.

Shopto have already confirmed a number of times they've had collections on Saturday and that they haven't ask Royal Mail to hold orders back. Why would they lie? They have a lot more to lose than Royal Mail here.

Why would they lie? Hmmm if they told everyone from start that they'd be sending out Monday. A lot of people would have cancelled.

Also if they weren't held back, why has nobodies copy arrived?

Incharge
  • Incharge

Player Hater

• Members

Inferior service? The release date is tomorrow. I don't understand how hard it is to understand. When you ordered did ShopTo tell you that you would get the game early? Or did they guarantee delivery by release date? Which one?
Again, vote with your wallets. That's fine. The silent majority will receive their game tomorrow and be happy with the service they got.

Inferior customer service and information. Some have said lies on here - have you been reading the thread?

The silent majority are very silent apart from you. Seems to be a lot of angry people though... Shopto have really dropped the ball here. Can't you see that? If they had charged £35 then I'd be inclined to agree with you that we could have no complaints. I have two questions for you:

1) Did you order from Shopto?
2) What do you think we're getting for the extra we paid?

Yep, I ordered with ShopTo. And I went with them because they've always been reliable with release date deliveries (also I did not shop around for a cheaper deal, I might have gone with Amazon had I seen the price, ah well).

Did ShopTo advertise for the extra money you're getting it early? Or was that you're assumption?

Now, I'm aware that ShopTo do deliver early in a lot of releases. I also remember being here for GTA IV when the very same happened and the majority didn't get theirs until release day and people were complaining and screaming that is is the end of ShopTo. 5 years later. It'll be the same for GTA 6 if we're not on download only by then.

jamiew29
  • jamiew29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

But they've confirmed they didn't ask RM to hold orders back to the release date. Shopto would run the risk of owing money out and getting abuse if that happened.... especially after confirming they haven't asked for it.

Well here's the facts:

4, Royal Mail have apparently tweeted that they will deliver all copies tomorrow.

5, ShopTo have tweeted that they have not asked Royal Mail to hold onto the games until tomorrow.

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

It's not the fact someone is lying, it's more like Royal Mail are just keeping them for some unknown reason. But it's going to be Shopto who will suffer from this.

NeXt Vice City
  • NeXt Vice City

OM4G

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Well here's the facts:

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

This.

Incharge
  • Incharge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have to say, if every ShopTo order turns up tomorrow then they have done an amazing job. Even if 99% of the 250,000 orders turn up tomorrow, that's an amazing success rate. R* should be delighted with their service!

Also, I hope ShopTo refuse to refund any of your orders. They have ZERO reason to refund your game. You will have the advertised product delivered to you on the day of release so I see no reason at all why they should refund your copy. I really hope they do it on a case-by-case basis to avoid getting caught out by some of you. 

The game is released at midnight. You will have your game 12 hours after that. Just go to bed, have a good night sleep and look forward to it coming through the post. TBH I think you'll struggle to turn up to a midnight release and get a copy any way!

Do one. Your common sense ain't welcome round here!

Death to ShopTo!
  • OldSwitcheroo likes this

bojan1188
  • bojan1188

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Well here's the facts:

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

It's not the fact someone is lying, it's more like Royal Mail are just keeping them for some unknown reason. But it's going to be Shopto who will suffer from this.

Oh my God.

Yes Royal mail are keeping thousands of packages for fun.

You really are an idiot.

RivaldoRules
  • RivaldoRules

Football genius

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Shouldn't feed them!

Make your own up! I've only added a couple - don't really want to advertise who though. 

It's sad really, I've been put off this forum by some of the users. I'd say the following:

1) Shopto have provided the service they promise - assuming they deliver tomorrow. You can't argue with that.

2) They have not fulfilled their unwritten USP though. Like it or not, people buy through them because of their USP and reputation - the reputation for early deliveries. They've taken a big hit today. A lot of people have been put off using them again.

3) They charged more than nearly every other retailer.

4) They have been very economical with the truth - to the point where we're wondering who is trying to fool us... the Royal Mail or them. It probably won't be resolved.

5) Some people seem to revel in other's disappointment. Such is life. It'll be like this online too...!

• Ruufio likes this

Incharge
  • Incharge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by Incharge, 16 September 2013 - 11:43 AM.

Another one on ignore just because you just don't get it.  :facedesk:

Well, we agree on one thing, I certainly don't "get" petulant tantrums because a company hasn't delivered a video game a day early than the official release date.

You had all the information to hand when you made your order. You've not been scammed or jipped. You're a spoilt kid with a warped sense of self entitlement.

Your game, as advertised will arrive tomorrow.

It's a game, get over it.

jamiew29
  • jamiew29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well here's the facts:

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

Oh my God.

You really are an idiot.

I didn't say they're keeping back for fun, did I?

Sometimes they like to deliver items at a set time. They've already confirmed they're sending them out tomorrow in time for the release date. Shopto have already confirmed they sent out the games Saturday, and they didn't ask RM to hold them back. Is it really that hard for you to understand?

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ruufio.  No-one is lying, when is this going to get into your thick head.

Also, you might want to go away and understand what a troll is.

Have a nice day sir!

Well here's the facts:

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

RivaldoRules
  • RivaldoRules

Football genius

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yep, I ordered with ShopTo. And I went with them because they've always been reliable with release date deliveries (also I did not shop around for a cheaper deal, I might have gone with Amazon had I seen the price, ah well).

Did ShopTo advertise for the extra money you're getting it early? Or was that you're assumption?

Now, I'm aware that ShopTo do deliver early in a lot of releases. I also remember being here for GTA IV when the very same happened and the majority didn't get theirs until release day and people were complaining and screaming that is is the end of ShopTo. 5 years later. It'll be the same for GTA 6 if we're not on download only by then.

So if you'd known about the Amazon price, you would have bought from there?

And you didn't shop around at all? You just went straight to Shopto? Odd.

I like your fire in defending them. But honestly, they've dropped a massive boo-boo this weekend. Lots of people won't use them again. At least during the GTA 4 days they were cheap. Now they're the most expensive. There is literally no point using them any more.

Fastandslow
  • Fastandslow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

People need to chill out its only a game lol

Ruufio
  • Ruufio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Ruufio.  No-one is lying, when is this going to get into your thick head.

Also, you might want to go away and understand what a troll is.

Have a nice day sir!

Well here's the facts:

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

Lol, thanks for the advice but I think I'll just ignore you instead.

bojan1188
  • bojan1188

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Well here's the facts:

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

Oh my God.

You really are an idiot.

Sometimes they like to deliver items at a set time. They've already confirmed they're sending them out tomorrow in time for the release date. Shopto have already confirmed they sent out the games Saturday, and they didn't ask RM to hold them back. Is it really that hard for you to understand?

So Royal Mail decided all of a sudden they going to hold the packages just for the Lols.

Come on. You clearly have no idea how they work and don't give me bullsh*t my friend works there.

Incharge
  • Incharge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:47 AM Edited by Incharge, 16 September 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Shouldn't feed them!

Make your own up! I've only added a couple - don't really want to advertise who though. 

It's sad really, I've been put off this forum by some of the users. I'd say the following:

1) Shopto have provided the service they promise - assuming they deliver tomorrow. You can't argue with that.

2) They have not fulfilled their unwritten USP though. Like it or not, people buy through them because of their USP and reputation - the reputation for early deliveries. They've taken a big hit today. A lot of people have been put off using them again.

3) They charged more than nearly every other retailer.

4) They have been very economical with the truth - to the point where we're wondering who is trying to fool us... the Royal Mail or them. It probably won't be resolved.

5) Some people seem to revel in other's disappointment. Such is life. It'll be like this online too...!
Do you think then, that ShopTo failed on their "USP" on purpose? Rockstar have this game on lockdown as much as they can. He'll go and red a GTA V review? You can't, not even 12 hours before release. Do you not think if it was up to ShopTo they'd have dispatched as early as possible? I'm all for going the extra mile for customers, but risking legal action from Rockstar because they broke the release date doesn't sound like good business.

I would enjoy the game today as much as the rest of you.

But when I placed my order it gave a guarantee of tomorrow, not today. At the end of the day that's what it boils down to. Nobodies been conned because ShopTo never once alluded to breaking the release date.

I Am Me!
  • I Am Me!

Hey you guys!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Post man has been and just as expected no Gta V. 

Jackhepburn
  • Jackhepburn

'Carcer City RedKings' Leader

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Mine didn't come early. Going to a midnight release and giving my friend the ShopTo copy. Actually works out better for us

jamiew29
  • jamiew29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Well here's the facts:

My conclusion..

...somebody is lying!

Oh my God.

You really are an idiot.

So Royal Mail decided all of a sudden they going to hold the packages just for the Lols.

Come on. You clearly have no idea how they work and don't give me bullsh*t my friend works there.

Okay, why would I lie about somebody I know who works there?

You sound like a moron. And do you actually read posts through before responding? Because you seem to respond to a question with another question.

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Loving the fact that ruufio is putting people on the ignore list because they don't agree with him.  Comical.

• Incharge likes this

grantheftauto23
  • grantheftauto23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

as long as it comes tomorrow.

• Incharge likes this

RivaldoRules
  • RivaldoRules

Football genius

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:54 AM Edited by RivaldoRules, 16 September 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Do you think then, that ShopTo failed on their "USP" on purpose? Rockstar have this game on lockdown as much as they can. He'll go and red a GTA V review? You can't, not even 12 hours before release. Do you not think if it was up to ShopTo they'd have dispatched as early as possible? I'm all for going the extra mile for customers, but risking legal action from Rockstar because they broke the release date doesn't sound like good business.

I would enjoy the game today as much as the rest of you.

But when I placed my order it gave a guarantee of tomorrow, not today. At the end of the day that's what it boils down to. Nobodies been conned because ShopTo never once alluded to breaking the release date.

No, but they also didn't make it 100% clear that all deliveries would be from the release date. The language they used was, if I'm to put it diplomatically, vague. Had I known that a Tuesday delivery would definitely be the case last Friday or Thursday, I would have cancelled my order saving me £8 and gone with Amazon.

Some regard this as a con, and I think they're partially right. They didn't want people like me knowing that the extra £8 was for nothing and cancelling with them.

I understand your argument about nothing being written in stone that they deliver early, but you should also accept that this is their reputation.  A reputation that, at least for me now, is in tatters. As far as I can tell, they were deliberately vague with the facts in order to keep the orders that they had.

daver6
  • daver6

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ruufio is clearly a f*cking nob end. Sounds like a 12 year old

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users