Quantcast

» «
Photo

So has anyone found North yankton or Pala springs yet?

49 replies to this topic
Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

who knows. maybe the person who leaked it only leaked one side. not both sides of the map.

That makes no sense!

If there was more to the map, and it was in in strategy guide, the person who has it would SURELY leak it too.

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

the airport is called Los santos international airport. why call it international when the other two runways in the entire map are in the same piece of land. doesnt make sense.

Because it's not the only place in the world. Just because you can't travel elsewhere doesn't mean that the airport isn't international. :/

AlmightyD
  • AlmightyD

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Can somebody tell me what the hell North Yankton and Pala springs are?

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

this is what i suspect.

the airport is called Los santos international airport. why call it international when the other two runways in the entire map are in the same piece of land. doesnt make sense.

i'm guessing North yank and pala are on another island. i know r* said theres only one island, but they said alot of things before, but changed it.

who knows. maybe the person who leaked it only leaked one side. not both sides of the map.

Pala Springs is already on the main map, southwest of Paleto Bay. It is just a tramway and a base station, nothing more.

And the airport is an international airport because it fleshes out the world considering the world of GTA doesn't just consist of Los Santos and Blaine County alone.

Heck, Liberty City's airport was called Francis International airport. There wasn't an extra map outside of Liberty City and Alderney either.

Hippey
  • Hippey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

I imagine Pala springs is probably on the map when Zoomed in, although it does sound like a Miami type of place, maybe future vice city? Also if you look on the collectors edition picture, the blue pront map clearly shows a small round island that is not on the leaked map, could be north Yankton or something.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:15 PM Edited by killahmatic, 10 September 2013 - 05:19 PM.

Maybe they were just 'yankin our chains' about yankton. 

I wouldnt be too disappointed if it wasnt added, but its definitely a mystery right now. I thought the map would solve a lot more than it really did.

There are also fewer small towns than I would've expected on a map so big... and it worries me that I only 2 airstrips other than the main airport, and one is the base, so I doubt we can land there. The map might not be showing everything but those are just things that pop into my head.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

North Yankton is there, worry not :]

Yeah? Where?

Last time I looked on the map it wasn't there

North Yankton is probably not a part of the main map but simply an instanced part of the world.

Exactly, thank you.

It was all explained in the leaked audio...

elite378
  • elite378

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

I imagine Pala springs is probably on the map when Zoomed in, although it does sound like a Miami type of place, maybe future vice city? Also if you look on the collectors edition picture, the blue pront map clearly shows a small round island that is not on the leaked map, could be north Yankton or something.

lol Pala Springs is not Miami, its a play on Palm Springs which is a town just out of Los Angeles which I have been to in REAL life. I went up the Palm Springs arial tramway which is the Pala Springs arial tramway in the game on the map. The tramway is probably all there is to Pala Springs.

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I wouldnt be too disappointed if it wasnt added, but its definitely a mystery right now. I thought the map would solve a lot more than it really did.

There are also fewer small towns than I would've expected on a map so big... and it worries me that I only 2 airstrips other than the main airport, and one is the base, so I doubt we can land there. The map might not be showing everything but those are just things that pop into my head.

I found another airstrip over on grapeseed man, Looks like a dirt runway or a skydiving airfield.

Hippey
  • Hippey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

lol Pala Springs is not Miami, its a play on Palm Springs which is a town just out of Los Angeles which I have been to in REAL life. I went up the Palm Springs arial tramway which is the Pala Springs arial tramway in the game on the map. The tramway is probably all there is to Pala Springs.

Thanks, from the uk so not familiar with American towns, TBH I have heard of Palm Springs but thought it was like a retirement town in Florida, Dont know why.

Hippey
  • Hippey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I found another airstrip over on grapeseed man, Looks like a dirt runway or a skydiving airfield.

Looks likes its can be purchased it I'm looking at same thing. Maybe there are several runways but only 3 airports. Be good if one was disused and used for drag racing, as I believe that is quite popular in california

MrOptimistic
  • MrOptimistic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Can somebody tell me what the hell North Yankton and Pala springs are?

They are locations that were discovered when the official GTA V website went live. They were part of postcards on the homepage. Check it out here on this thread. http://gtaforums.com...e-launch/page-8

ViceCityBestGame
  • ViceCityBestGame

I Don't Give A F*ck and A member of the Grand Wizards

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Maybe North Yankton is an easter egg hinting at possible locations for future sequels?

By the looks of it.... it might be just that.... we'll have to see

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Looks likes its can be purchased it I'm looking at same thing. Maybe there are several runways but only 3 airports. Be good if one was disused and used for drag racing, as I believe that is quite popular in california

yeah, originally i thought it was a line like the one from paleto to chiliad but now that i look closer it does look possibly like a dirt runway

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yup, plus the skydiving/parachute icon off to the northeast of the strip is next to no mountains so I am guessing its where you jump from the planes.. Hope so anyway. :colgate:

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Maybe North Yankton is an easter egg hinting at possible locations for future sequels?

for future sequels or for future DLCs.

Spoiler

hungover part 2
  • hungover part 2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

Because of the postcard, there was snow for north yankton so maybe it is a small town in the middle of the mountains

elite378
  • elite378

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Pala springs is the area at the bottom of the tramway, its not marked on that particular map but its there  :^:

sesamtamam
  • sesamtamam

Cu*t

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

OOOOOOOOR? North Yankton can be a get-away destination in the end of the story line? A place where the 3 main protagonists, after alot of police heat, flees to and start over? 

However, this will in that casse only be introduced as an option in the end of the game...

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

for future sequels or for future DLCs.

Spoiler

Yea I remember that mission how do you know it will be that type of mission?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users