Photo

Elder Scrolls is beating GTA in game of decade so far

122 replies to this topic
DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

If you hate buggy games with a sh*t-ton of glitches and broken DLC, bethesda is the best developer ever!

Winner!

I feel bad for any of my PS3 brethren who picked up Skyrim early on. I got it on PC and didn't have any problems, but my God seeing the videos of that HORRIBLE sh*t on the PS3, wow I feel bad for you guys. Bethesda is the worst devs of all time when it comes to releasing buggy piles of generic trash. Skyrim's flair wore off quickly when you realized the world was one big copy and paste fest.

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

IMO, I LOVED the TES: Skyrim,

Its story was MUCH more interesting than GTA IV could have ever brought. Why? Because the game was all about history that if you were interested in, you could actually LEARN and enjoy.

Plus the graphics were very good..

I enjoyed GTA IV, but I couldn't imagine the story as being even possible, let alone interesting. To me, the missions were a huge chore and you never really 'won'

You either lost your cousin, or love interest. You never got the big house or the luxurious items. 

Hopefully GTA V will bring about new interests and not rely so heavily on dreams.

• Greenline likes this

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Except TES is highly regarded for its hand crafted worlds.

Except the dungeons are simply created from the same exact few assets. TES' dungeons are generic as heck.

There's plenty of unique dungeons. You can't have 200 unique hand crafted dungeons.

ltajax
  • ltajax

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

the elder scrolls is a good series... but its never had me invested in it as much as gta does...

The storys in the game are usualy lame and while gameplay is fun i find little to entice me to play the game for longer than a few random dungeons etc. Rockstar offers a far better and structured world to play in

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by Gst0395, 10 September 2013 - 04:14 PM.

The people who obsess over Elder Scrolls are bronies, trolls and major geeks. They will likely go to all sorts of ends to see their precious sh*tty series win in this retarded and meaningless tournament.

Who cares. GTA IV is already a better game than Skyrim, and V is sure to sh*t on anything Bethesda can throw out for years to come. And that's what matters.

Yeah right mate. I like both GTA and TES before you stereotype. At the end of the day, what really matters most is what people personally prefer.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

If anything should win over GTA, it should be TES.

Both are amazing.

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

To be honest I'm not sure wich one I would vote. I consider both of them really great series (and I put emphasys on the "series" aspect).

Grand Theft Auto 5 Fan
  • Grand Theft Auto 5 Fan

Legend

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I voted TES :)

Persia-Gangsta
  • Persia-Gangsta

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

TES is sh*t cuz its simply sh*t

stobe187
  • stobe187

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

So Skyrim versus a game that hasn't come out yet?

stobe187
  • stobe187

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

IMO, I LOVED the TES: Skyrim...

....Plus the graphics were very good..

You must've played on PC then, because the console versions are a hunk of low-texture bullsh*t.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Who cares? The comment section is full of idiots, also most of the pople who voted for TES, only played Skyrim.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

If you hate buggy games with a sh*t-ton of glitches and broken DLC, bethesda is the best developer ever!

Winner!

I feel bad for any of my PS3 brethren who picked up Skyrim early on. I got it on PC and didn't have any problems, but my God seeing the videos of that HORRIBLE sh*t on the PS3, wow I feel bad for you guys. Bethesda is the worst devs of all time when it comes to releasing buggy piles of generic trash. Skyrim's flair wore off quickly when you realized the world was one big copy and paste fest.

I went through that and it was heart breaking. I waited for that game for a long time, then all I get is a broken, piece of sh*t. Not even taking that into consideration, Skyrims art was not as good as Oblivions. Not even close. Any dev who would release a game that broken should not get an award for anything except laziness or stupidity. Keep in mind that I am a huge ES fan. I can't wait to play Fallout 4. I hope Bethesda becomes better developers before releasing it.

GTA V wins hands down. R* are gods and Bethesda are peasants when compared.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Guys thats not Official so who cares? we all know TES is sh*t

WE?? who "we"?? *looks around* i don't see anyone!...or maybe its YOU? And i don't know what YOU know, but I know that Skyrim won Game of the year and best game of 2011 award and is one of the most popular and successful games of all times!

• Greenline likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by Gst0395, 10 September 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Guys thats not Official so who cares? we all know TES is sh*t

I love it when people act as if everyone will agree with what they think.

BS13
  • BS13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

TES is really fun BUT GTA is hands down the best series of the decade

Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

I didnt even know TES existed before Skyrim came out. Its unfair because they didnt wait till September 17th and PC fanboys are voting TES because they're not getting V this year.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

I forgot just how immature some people here really are, biggest fan boys ever.

Are you guys seriously bashing people that are against your opinion? I don't see the problem with voting for TES because quite frankly it IS an amazing series and right now Skyrim IS my most played game compared to Grand Theft Auto IV. They're NOT comparing Skyrim to IV though they're comparing the entire series.

Whether Grand Theft Auto wins or not, accept it.. it went to the finals at least which shows you how big it really is compared to those other games that didn't make it.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Every time I picked up Skyrim I would enjoy and be able to play it, but it wouldn't hook me like Oblivion did. There wasn't the same craziness and a lot of the map was a dull grey-white or brownish green. Idk.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

GTAForums at it's best, laughing my ass off here, thanks guys.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Maybe it's because... The Elder Scrolls is the better series of the two...  :panic:

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Although I'm not a fan of TES, I did play Skyrim for atleast 200 hours, and enjoyed most of it (besides the few game breaking glitches and bugs).

Out of the two series, TES appeals to me more when I just want to sit around for a good few hours exploring and completing random quests and such, but GTA will always be a better series IMO, if not for the amazingly detailed maps or good story and characters, but just for messing around in multiplayer, and GTA V looks perfect for both of those points.

Seattle Cracker
  • Seattle Cracker

That awkward white guy

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

The people who obsess over Elder Scrolls are bronies, trolls and major geeks. They will likely go to all sorts of ends to see their precious sh*tty series win in this retarded and meaningless tournament.

Who cares. GTA IV is already a better game than Skyrim, and V is sure to sh*t on anything Bethesda can throw out for years to come. And that's what matters.

Like it seems like you don't like what other people like.

Does this make you better than them?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 10 September 2013 - 08:00 PM.

This is like Sophie's choice. I love both series equally. And GTA did revolutionize gaming in the last decade. Although I think that overall I spent more time in TES games than in GTA.

And I thought that GTA IV was one of the most boring games that I have ever played in my life. I can't choose. And even if I could I'm not about to make an account on that site just so I could vote in a meaningless contest.

• Greenline and Majestic81 like this

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

This is like Sophie's choice. I love both series equally. And GTA did revolutionize gaming in the last decade. Although I think that overall I spent more time in TES games than in GTA.

And I thought that GTA IV was one of the most boring games that I have ever played in my life. I can't choose. And even if I could I'm not about to make an account on that site just so I could vote in a meaningless contest.

Gotta quote everything you said 'cause I feel exactly the same, word by word.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

You must be logged in to vote. TES is basically the greatest amongs the GameSpot community.

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

Lol it's 46.4%

GTA got f*cking raped!

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Is it for the series are just indidual games? I'd say TES.

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

Tough call. I'd take Skyrim over any currently-available GTA game, but V promises to up the ante. Skyrim is big and cold and empty, much like IV's Liberty City. Los Santos looks like it wasn't rushed out and is packed to the brim with activities.

Didn't vote because it requires registration, and also these polls are completely meaningless.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

If we're talking this decade then as of now The Elder Scrolls series does have an adventage of the GTA seires considering there hasn't been a GTA entry this decade until next week, so by default yes Skyrim has it. With this said, silly polls aside it's apples and oranges to compare the two, and what a lot of you fail to realize is that it is perfectly possible to like both games without having to resort to calling one particular title sh*t.

I'm fairly sure I've said this in another topic comparing both of these series but both titles do set out to achieve different things, one is rooted in our world and provides a somewhat skewed view on how people live modern life, it draws inspiration from television and film to craft its story and aims to put us at the heart of the action. The other is a sprawing fantasy tale which creates an entirely new world drawing from the likes of Tolkien and such to put players into this world of magic, dungeons, dragons and so much more. Both can very easily co-exist and I know the two sets of developers have an immense respect for one another.

As far as my own personal tastes go, I don't think anything can really displace GTA Vice City as one of if not my favourite game of all time, with GTA San Andreas coming fairly close. I would however sit Oblivion right up there next to Vice City. Oblivion was my first title on the Xbox 360, it was my first proper Elder Scrolls title, I still remember that sense of awe as the environment changed when you approach an Oblivion gate, that was a defining moment of this generation. I would probably rank it above GTA3 and GTA4 as far as favourites go.

I don't know where I would put Skyrim in this equation though, I sank a lot of hours into Skyrim but something about it just didn't click with me the same way Oblivion did. I suppose it might be the same feeling people got moving from Morrowind into Oblivion. WIlling to give it another try some day though.

For sheer impact and importance to me I'd probably go with the GTA series, but Elder Scrolls isn't that far behind, they are both wonderful titles and gamers are really lucky to have so much choice on offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users